Reviews for Checkmate
Random person chapter 85 . 7/1/2016
I loved your fic. It was one of the best Danny/Vlad relationships I have seen so far.

One of the greatest part of exploring this relationship is the comparison and contrast between the two characters, which I believe was done fantastically.

In this fic two amazing, believable, fully realized characters interacted in an organic manner. The setting was also well described and integrated.

Unofortunately, the part where Danny "remembers who he is" feels out of whack and shoehorned in for the purpose of conforming to cannon. I was so frustrated when, as always in these types of fics, they parted on their merry ways, and pretty much undid half the character development in one swoop. And afterwards, "Phantom Planet". Vlad is a moron there.

Why couldn't they, for once, maybe, actually work out their differences and stay together? Why can't Danny be ever happy for once?

Everything up to the moment when Danny decides to stay near the end is breathtaking. Then, as if a switch came off, I cringed when Sam cheesily reminded Danny how he has to be true to himself (which, in the context of the 3 previous chapters, would mean he should stay with Vlad) and bla bla bla. Damn. I guess this isn't a real complaint, as the author is free to reinterpret characters as he/she wills it.

But couldn't the subplot with Stephanie get resolved better? Blended families are a thing. Sigh. Anyways, the first 95% is gold, and plenty of crowning moments of awesome and heartwarming, so there's that.

Hmm. Maybe the unicerse is out to get Danny. Or maybe shoehorned endings exist just to increase the drama and tension, provided they don't snap a resders suspension of disbelief clean in half.
MsAnimeLover79 chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
a
Guest chapter 84 . 6/15/2016
Well you left me in tears (pure sadness)... I did not like the ending at all- it is a good ending its jus- Danny did not end up with vlad and I have hoping with all my heart they would stay together but instead I started crying...anyways you are an amazing author the best I have found in fan . Keep doing an amazing job..*sigh*
Guest chapter 81 . 6/15/2016
I am hating on Danny and all of his friends and sister... It's- it's no fair! Glad should be with Danny...
Guest chapter 79 . 6/15/2016
I hate Danny! NOi hate his friend bbdhfhdbdnskg. Why WHY! It was so perfect until... She'd and dn
Guest chapter 71 . 6/15/2016
Chapter71
...YAaAAaaAaAAAAAaaAaAAAAAaAaaASSssSSs!
Guest chapter 70 . 6/15/2016
Chapter 70! It gave me-almost- a hartattack. My heart and head is full of emotions and thoughts by one thing I keep repeating over and over is please STAY! Stay with clad be happy together! Make awesome memories together! Aaaauuuggghhhh! My Heart!
Aaron chapter 85 . 5/26/2016
Thats was a ride ho boy
Guest chapter 13 . 5/17/2016
You hate Daniell? Why? Because you will never come close to being as cool as her?
winxphantomphan chapter 12 . 4/3/2016
km
Cutiepie120048 chapter 85 . 4/3/2016
This took me six days to read - and it was worth it.

This story had EVERYTHING I wanted, with a sequel I am now going to read! I love love love this story a THOUSAND times over! I wanna see Steph, and Annie, and Niane and Clockwork and the Ghost Staff and Vlad and Danny's bond. I also hate Spirit of Order's way of doing things.

I also wanna see the Phantom and Vlad's horse and Skulker's friendship blossom with Vlad - maybe he'll also help Vlad.

I wonder what Danny is ready for and I wonder how Maddie (cat) will feel when she sees Danny, will it be like TJ's.

I am looking foreward to your work, as it is accurate, realistic, heartwarming, and bittersweet all in one.

Just hope everyone gets what they deserve I'm the and.

Keep Up The Good Work~!

P.S. I'm plungng into the sequel anyway even though I didn't really finish the show - most of it, I did but I think I'm holding off season 3 because of feels.

P.P.S. I should stop reading your A/N's and anything with "And yet..." or "But..." - I always cry when you're ' predictions ' come true. This story has made me cry a LOT, and I am still sniffling over the ending.
Cutiepie120048 chapter 66 . 4/1/2016
I'm commenting right here before continuing, though I know it's complete.

I am 100% positive I know who Niane was in her human life - but I still wonder about the red eyes. Anagrams, I love you.

I also wonder if she has something to do with Clockwork? I mean, the red mist? Major clue!

Or she could be a spirit. Who knows?

Keep Up The Good Work~!
stuffedcrust chapter 33 . 3/14/2016
hahahah fck u Vlad danny will never like u
stuffedcrust chapter 33 . 3/14/2016
hahahah fck u Vlad danny will never like u
stuffedcrust chapter 32 . 3/14/2016
I HAVE SO MUCH RAAAAAGE IM GOING TO DISINTEGRATE VLAD I STG. Also, the bracelet is playing up, what does this mean and does Vlad know about it?¿?¿?
3,679 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »