Reviews for Checkmate
Invader Johnny chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
I can say one thing:

VLAD WILL PAY!

The guy is taking pleasure in Dannys current emotional downdall and THAT is not good, although I admit I was surprised that both hybrids got onto an agreement.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
sciencefreak330 chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
I was not expecting him to actually give in. Now I really want to see where this is going. Have fun in Honduras!
Plain English chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
Great chapter! Vlad is, for lack of a better word, evil, I LOVE IT! :D I hope you have fun on your mission trip!
bloodmoon13 chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
Oh my f* god! Do you realise how much potential art work there is in this one chapter! I better get to work or my brain might just explode!
dessyweird51 chapter 28 . 5/10/2008
Wow. All I can say is that was...wow. I've seen this story on FF but never got around to reading it, now i'm really glad I finally did! Wow. I love how you seem to put the perfect emotion into everything. I've actually felt a tear or two fall down while reading through this far. I can't wait for the next chapter and I'm looking forward to the special clockwork thing you mentioned in the author's notes.

love in Christ

des
inukagome15 chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
I'm glad you updated. Enjoy your trip to the Honduras.

I kind of expected something like this but I'm also expecting Clockwork's words to play a role in this story. After all, Danny isn't supposed to forget what he really is. He isn't supposed to forget himself. That's what Clockwork's words were about. Sorry, I'm rambling. :P

Anyway, looking forward to the update when you come back!
Ali-Apple chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
I really wasn't suspecting that. It was a good chapter. Please update soon and keep up the good work! :)
xheartkreuzx chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
wow. vlad is so heartless.

another amazing chapter!

good luck on your trip!

hope to hear from you again soon!
KaliAnn chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
this was an amazing chapter! Vlad really is thinking about how powerful danny is and he is trying to figure out how to control Danny's powers. Danny was so sad and despondent and then I was worried when he couldn't get control. But now he fully belongs to Vlad and nothing going to change that. Good luck in Hounduras!
Aclet chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
I really don't know what to tell you Pearl, I think I broke my quota of bowing at you and your work. And this chapter, THIS chapter is what I've been waiting for. I t was just perfect, poor Danny, though this story makes me remember I love the dude. No hating Vladdieh! He's cute, just a bit self-fish, hopes this ends up well. I love how you described this chapter, the scennes the timing were just as they should, the dialogue made me wanted to look away sometimes (It was so darn real!) but that's a compliment you know. I have never felt so connected with a FF like I have done with this one. Next chapter should be interesting, I guess I'll have to wait after three weeks, well I can do that. *Is waiting*

Ok, what else can I say to you, I already gave you a Pulitzer, so, a Nobel in Literature? How about that Vlad Muse you weren't expecting that one!

Loved this way too much *sobs of happiness*

Thanks for writting this Masterpiece!

I'll see you in 3 weeks, 3 weeks without CM, you want me to surrender like Danny T-T

-This is NGG akka Lau saying: I love your story!
Deyinel chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
I'll miss you too, Pearl, and have a nice trip!

OH, GOOD LORD! That chapter gave me chills and I could feel it aching inside me it was so...painful, only in a good way. The emotions were so real. Danny...I never would have imagined you could make his giving in to Vlad be in character but somehow you did. Very well done there. You have this way of writing so clearly I can imagine and picture everything so clearly. And Vlad. I am glad he's still in character. His concern and real care for Danny is blended skillfully with his self-congradulation etcetera.

I want to say more about this chapter, but I really can't find the words. Know it is one of my very favorite chapters so far and moves me in a way I have rarly seen with fan fictions. I will try to bear the time before a nother update comes, perhaps by once again reading all your stories... ;)

Thank you for this chapter, it was one of the hilights of my week!
Shining Zephyr chapter 29 . 5/10/2008
-stares and bursts into hysterical sobs-

Danny... I can't believe this. First you wanted revenge on Vlad, and now this... you're submitting to your archenemy! What's coming over you? I don't know what it is, but it's got to stop! Danny we all really like you, but please don't do this to any of us! -runs out of room-

~

~-glances in- You got Shining into a fit. Man, that's the first I've ever seen her run out on a review and has left me to finish picking up the pieces. Ah, well. I guess I can't expect much more from my authoress.

~Although, I gotta admit- pretty damn powerful stuff you've got going on here, Pearl. I mean it. Danny submitting to Vlad- I have to admit that I did NOT expect the story to come to this. It's worrying me how he's already trying to hold up to Vlad in a situation like this... and you just seem to be adding salt to the open wound. It's amazing. It's jaw-dropping. It's by far and away one of the best stories I've read on this site right now.

~I bow before your greatness, Pearl. Keep up the great work.

~Now, if you excuse me, I have a Miami story to complete and Say No More to continue.~

~Zephyr~
Wolfiremoon chapter 28 . 5/7/2008
Vlad made Danny go crazy i can't wait for what happen's next.

Your's pegasusVladdy
inukagome15 chapter 28 . 5/5/2008
WICKEDLY AWESOME! I love the way you're writing this story and I can't wait until the next chapter.

PLEASE update soon!
Xdon't-mind-meX chapter 28 . 5/5/2008
...I think I'll just sit here in holy silence for the next 3 hours.

PA out