Reviews for Checkmate
MutantLover09 chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
ML: What is up with Danny? Why is he losing control of his powers all of a sudden? Is it really because of stress, or something else? Why am I asking all these questions? The world may never know. -snicker-

B: -rolls eyes- Humans. Especially human children.

ML: What is that supposed to mean! And I'm totally not a child, I'm fifteen! That's practically an adult!

B: Compared to me you are indeed a child. Now about the story. The chapter was a little slow, but I believe it was a filler so it wasn't meant to be action-packed. There was, however, excellent character development. I am talking of Niane. It seems there is something important centered around her which I find interesting.

ML: Whoa that was the longest reveiw I've ever heard Blaze say. There's not much I can say after that, but I'll try. I'm pretty concerned with Danny. I find it odd that he keeps losing control of his powers. And I'm pretty sure it's important.

So I'm gonna keep my eye on that for now. And I'm sorry for not reviewing for the last chapter. I got caught up with school, I had three test in one day! Gah! And of course one of them just had to be in geometry. Kill me now. So that's why I didn't.

Other than that, not much to say. I'm looking forward to Doas and I'm glad to hear you're getting out of school! You've got like 4 months of pure blissful relaxation so enjoy.

B: And I get the parting word! My word shall be a hello to Vlad muse. I hope you're doing well. Until next time.
xheartkreuzx chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
a little boring compared to the last chapter, but great none-the-less
Queen S of Randomness 016 chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
hey! yet another awesome chapter! (i especially loved the flashback you added!) i hope u update soon! -
bloodmoon13 chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
I really want to find out what's wrong with Danny. I can't wait for the next chapter.
truephan chapter 26 . 4/19/2008
Overall, I found this to be a rather funny chapter! And what a relief it was after all those angsty ones! I especially loved the line that went something like this: Don't you dare try your steaks without the steak sauce! I honestly LOVE that kind of humor when you tweak a formal statement and turn it into something else. Not that Vlad really had any choice, but it was still funny.

And I loved this line the most:“Children say the most humorous things, don’t they?” I screamed at that one...especially since this answer to Danny's dark statement was especially funny in a very poignant way.

But, then, poor pearl couldn't help herself and just when I thought she would be pulling herself out, she fell right back into the pit of angst-head first! And just when I started to feel a little teensy-weensy bit sorry for Vlad (yes, you're that good of a writer, you made me feel a little sorry for him!), he got all evil again and now I really HATE Vlad all over again!

Of course, Danny didn’t play it too cool, but I can totally understand his desperation. I think I would have really lost it by now and kept either hold up in my room or gone postal on Vlad with full guns...But Danny is really pushing the envelope, though, and needs to think! I'm sure he knows that Vlad wants him alive for now, but that Vlad could make his life incredibly unbearble, which Danny, of course, found out with the wrist band and cage. Why didn’t Vlad kill him this time-again? Gee,then, does Danny have a death wish after all? But then, of course, teens usually don’t think in or of the future...they are eternally in the present.

Still, I found the scene when Danny is trying to mess up Vlad’s business deal funny, even though I just KNEW Danny was going to get it! How long can this go on? Danny is sure to just get edgier and Vlad may lose it and actually seriously hurt or kill Danny. And I feel DOOM in the future for these two... Man, how much more can I take? Anyhow, great chappie even though it succeeded in its evil purpose in the end to throw me in an emotional state of angst!

Thanks for a great emotional ride so far...it has been a great experience. But, wait, there's MORE to come? Now, please excuse me while I go scream my head off in my awaiting padded room. truephan *grins crazily*
Xdon't-mind-meX chapter 26 . 4/18/2008
Oh noes! Poor Danny. I wonder if he'll ever get out? Anywho, this was marvelous as always! This chapter made me laugh so hard! I adored the dinner scene! I don't know how you come up with this stuff but don't ever stop!

PA out
AlexLynette chapter 26 . 4/14/2008
*pounding on desktop* More, more more! *glances around* ...please...?

*puppy dog eyes*
OreoFanservice chapter 26 . 4/14/2008
This was another awesome chappie! One of your most frickin' hilarious chapters too. I'm glad the business people didn't get sucked into another of Vlad's money schemes, yay Danny! I loved it whenever Danny interrupted Vlad and acted in some of the rudest ways possible, it made me laugh so hard! Although, at the end it made me sad that Danny is now stuck in a seemingly very uncomfortable cage. I don't think his throat is ever going to totally recover if he keeps yelling and screaming like that. Can't wait for the next chappie!
dizappearingirl chapter 26 . 4/13/2008
Now that was amazing.

Seriously. Another chap that reminds me yet again why I absolutely ADORE this story! I mean really, how many stories can have you cracking up at the beginning (and I was literally laughing out loud!) and then have you boiling with anger (and mind you I might go pound a pillow or write evil Vladdy-gets-the-stuffing-beat-out-of-him fics now) in one chapter! SERIOUSLY! Who does that? Well, you obviously. _~

Oh man, Danny FREAKIN ROCKS! He so rocks! Like, oh man! (jumping up and down) I can't believe he would do it, but he IS snapping and Vladribble isn't realizing that yet (oh, he's gonna regret that...). AND THEN THE CAGE! AND THE BRACELET! DUDE! I knew it was nasty but really I had forgotten about it... _ (oh the shame). BUT WOW! Poor Danny...not only is his throat going to be permanently damaged after so much yelling and abuse (from Vladsicle), but his whole body is going to take weeks to really get over this long and torturous stay at Darth Vlad's. Heh, he did ruin that deal...at least Vladdy ain't taking over MVI!

Oh, and for your Vladdymuse: I will admit that everyone has their price, but you mustn't keep pushing them with it! 'Cause at one point they'll get so tired of you they'll snap, go crazy, perhaps die, return as a ghost, haunt you till the end of time, and BEAT THE STUFFIN' OUT OF YA! (cough) Right, and just be happy you're nothing but a muse, or else I would probably physically hurt you. _ That or sic Maddie on you. SERIOUSLY, you think she could even possibly like you after all this? (goes to show fic to Maddie) Nya! You're gonna get it!
AlexLynette chapter 19 . 4/13/2008
This chapter made me fall to pieces. I mean, it's so sad. It's like, Danny's the main thing that brings everyone together. he's like the key to a chained box filled with love and hope. Without the key... the box is never opened and will remain shut until someone finds the key. I'm guessing that was the main point of the chapter here. But I absolutely loved it. I hope you continue. Sorry if I didn't read it in the beginning, but I had so much to do and now that I have time, my reading focus is mainly on this story, so keep making me cry- and laugh a little as well. :lol:

AlexLynette chapter 17 . 4/13/2008
That was very... long. But it was so worth it.

AlexLynette chapter 13 . 4/12/2008
I've read about halfway through the story, and I only have one thing to say: Oh. My. Gosh. This is, I swear, the best story I've ever read! I mean, it's so intense yet so emotional. When I read Danny's letters, I just started to cry, it was so sad. Please keep writing, but I have to finish reading the story tomorrow since it's getting late.

Ali-Apple chapter 26 . 4/12/2008
still my favorite...as always! Please update soon and keep up the good work! :)
dgLari chapter 26 . 4/11/2008
*is killed*

No, seriously you just killed me! That chapter was..I mean Danny and the invisible pranks and Vlad's faces, and...the end! and...ohh now you understand why you killed me? *cries* I LOVED this chappie! It had a bit of everything! it was funny and evil...I'm totally sure Vlad is the one, who's going to let Danny out, well if he actually does, but what would Danny say to him? Oh God OH God oh my God! really this just made my day, night I think this is my fav chapter, well this one and Ultimatum, that one was GOLD but this one is gold too...gah- you made me have two favs chapters! look what you've done! x3 SQE

Yes you made me hyper, and YAY! we have a DA pic down there so...*goes to DA* I'll go check it out.

I really admire you Pearl, you write the right things in the right situation. SERIOUSLY... GREAT CHAPTER!

oh and I'll be waiting for the next part...you'd probably know that already _U
Aquawyrm chapter 26 . 4/11/2008
...I can't believe Danny DID that...I don't blame Vlad for being mad.

Then again, he DID ask for it...
3,618 | « Prev Page 1 .. 199 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 219 .. Last Next »