Reviews for Checkmate
Miriam1 chapter 26 . 4/11/2008
Oh, dear!

This chapter was insanely disturbing. Danny's antics were scheduled to annoy Vlad, and to disrupt his social and business life.

At the same time, Danny had NO idea how viscious Vlad could be.

I don't know which was more horrific, Danny's behavior or Vlad's.

Vlad will lose the competition of sympathy, because HE was the one who captured Danny to start with.

But Danny... I don't know what to make of all of this. I see that he is trying for something like revenge, but he can't possibly win.

Danny thought he was in trouble before. Now he is infinitely more so. And now Vlad doesn't seem to care about ultimately making Danny his own.

I guess Danny's guilded cage is no longer guilded. Now, we have to see how long he can go without completely losing his mind. He may not have far to go.

I just hope that the damage that Vlad does will somehow be reversable, but it doesn't look like Danny will have much more strength left (physical or emotional) to deal with his situation.

Poor Danny.

-Miriam BenEzra
Dominosowner chapter 26 . 4/11/2008
Hahahahahaha! "Do these people know you're ripping them off?" Now THAT one was good...

Poor Danny, locked in that cage.
VampireJazzy chapter 26 . 4/11/2008
omfg this is amazing.
Shining Zephyr chapter 25 . 4/10/2008
Sowwie for my late review. T.T

But anyways... okay, I hate to admit this, but I'm glad that Vlad finally decided to teach Danny a lesson and grip him by the neck, choking him. I would have, too. Indeed, I cheer for Danny a good deal of the time, but I cold not help but cheer for Vlad once. Truth is, Vlad needs more love and stuff, so... yep. I was glad the fruit loop retaliated for once.

Another superb and gem of a chapter, Pearl. You're doing marvelous things with this story.

Shiny-sama
JH24 chapter 25 . 4/8/2008
Another awesome chapter, Pearl. After the intense last chapters this one feels more quiet and it is a very nice change of pace. I really enjoyed reading this, with my most favorite moment at the end, where Danny had that 'accident' with his powers. I really loved Vlad's reaction, it must have felt as a kind of revenge for what Danny had done earlier.

I do wonder what exactly is going on regarding Danny's powers though, something feels not right and I look forward to find out what that is. You do a great job in keeping the suspense. I really like it to speculate and think about what you could have planned in future chapters.

Danny really had Vlad this time, didn't he? Vlad may have the teen in his house, but Danny is going to make life as difficult as possible for him. I wonder if Vlad will be able to 'break' his younger rival eventually or if Danny's resistance will only grow stronger. I hope he'll eventually gains some allies regarding the ghosts living there, like Naine.

A wonderful chapter which I really enjoyed. It was also very well-written and easy to follow. I can't wait to see the next chapter posted. Awesome job, my friend!
TexasDreamer01 chapter 25 . 4/6/2008
... *bursts out laughing*...

yeah, maybe a ghost-proof bed would be a good idea.

a ghost proof house would be perfect though, considereing the i'm-going-to-try-to-kill-Vlad-because-i'm-depressed-ish mood Danny's in. *chuckles*,

brittney
Nylah chapter 25 . 4/6/2008
It's been _two_ years? Doesn't seem like that long...

I had been wondering why Vlad didn't just threaten to hurt Jazz again if Danny acted up... But I don't see how the way he is treating him is going to get Danny on his side.

Nylah
OreoFanservice chapter 25 . 4/6/2008
Wow, that was one of the funniest chappies ever! Of course, all of the chapters are funny and full of awesomeness. That was one of the best pranks ever that Danny put on Vlad, pouring laxatives in his drinks! Vlad totally deserved it. I'm also glad to know more of Vlad's evil plans for Danny too, he's still his almost predictable, maniacal, son-obsessed, lonely guy without a cat self! Keep up the great work!

P.S. Sorry I didn't review your last chappie since it was a little short, but it was still an excellent chapter! :)
Thunderstorm101 chapter 25 . 4/5/2008
Maybe he's not getting as much exercize as he's used to. Or he could be having a growth spurt (though if that's the case, I might feel a little sorry for Vlad).
Vladdywolfire chapter 25 . 4/5/2008
I just want to tell you that i like your story checkmate i think its fun how Vlad and Danny are annoy each other keep up the good work.

Your's pegasusVladdy
VampireJazzy chapter 25 . 4/5/2008
Wow, this fic is amazing. It's pure entertainment and drama. Please continue, ja!
DPcrazy chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
LOL! Danny's trick on Vlad was very amusing. I thought it was hilarious with the whole "George, can I have some chocolate cake" thing. I also enjoyed when Danny fell through the ceiling. Maybe it's a sign of him slowly losing his sanity.
bloodmoon13 chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
So we have more depth to what Vlad wants and even more problems arise with Danny's problems.
PunkMichPhantom chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
Oh My God! That was the funniest chapter I've read in a while! HAHAHAHA! I don't feel sorry for Vlad though, he deserved it! lol. I thought this chapter was pretty good, and that Vlad's plan is pretty usual, as always, but this time he's taking a more thought-out approach... that sin't quite working, though... lol. Great job! Update soon, plz and thank you! And I hope that Danny's anxiety levels go down. Him I DO feel bad for.
Dominosowner chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
HA HA! Clever Danny...

Suprises? I LOVE suprises! Can't wait!

-Casey