Reviews for Checkmate
VampireJazzy chapter 25 . 4/5/2008
Wow, this fic is amazing. It's pure entertainment and drama. Please continue, ja!
DPcrazy chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
LOL! Danny's trick on Vlad was very amusing. I thought it was hilarious with the whole "George, can I have some chocolate cake" thing. I also enjoyed when Danny fell through the ceiling. Maybe it's a sign of him slowly losing his sanity.
bloodmoon13 chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
So we have more depth to what Vlad wants and even more problems arise with Danny's problems.
PunkMichPhantom chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
Oh My God! That was the funniest chapter I've read in a while! HAHAHAHA! I don't feel sorry for Vlad though, he deserved it! lol. I thought this chapter was pretty good, and that Vlad's plan is pretty usual, as always, but this time he's taking a more thought-out approach... that sin't quite working, though... lol. Great job! Update soon, plz and thank you! And I hope that Danny's anxiety levels go down. Him I DO feel bad for.
Dominosowner chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
HA HA! Clever Danny...

Suprises? I LOVE suprises! Can't wait!

-Casey
MutantLover09 chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
ML: -laughing maniacally at screen- Oh my god, that is hilarious! Laxatives, man Danny that is good.

B: It wasn't that funny. Now you coated head to toe with feathers and glue, that was funny. -chuckles-

ML: -glares- Stupid muse(s). He is never going to let me live that down is he? But never mind, it's not important. What is, is that you finally revealed Vlad's intentions! Yeah!

And you're right, he really does only want three things. I'm so glad you made Vlad still want Danny to join him. A while back I thought he might just want to make Jack miserable, but now I know.

B: -crossing arms over chest- Pearl, Vlad and I have requested that you allow me to beat the brat senseless. I agree with Skulker, physical punishments are the key. -ignores ML's scowl- And another thing Vlad, I know how you feel on getting teenagers to join you.

-glances over at Tyler OC- Sigh, they just don't understand do they?

ML: O-okay. They have way too much in common. They're both evil, they both are obessed with having a teenager join their evil ranks, and they both enjoy torturing us! But if we band together we will surive...I think. Just keep Vlad away from me and I'll be good. (He's evil!)

B: Exactly, my dear Mutant. -takes bite of badger shaped cookie- These really are quite delicious, Pearl. But now that we have reviewed and enjoyed your chapter ML and I have some work to do on my story.

ML: Hey, it's not your story! -ducks ecto-blast- But if you want to call it that, that's good too. Um, I'm looking forward to the 24th. It's hard to believe you've been working on it for 2 years! That's crazy. -looks over to see Blaze tapping his foot- But um I gotta go, Vlad's influence on him is way too good. Or well bad in this case.

Great chapter, Pearl!
Xdon't-mind-meX chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
A treat? For me? How thoughtful! So it's going on two years huh? Wow, can't believe it! Anywho, I had a blast reading this chapter. All the jokes and immature pranks had me sprawled out on the floor in a fit of giggles! Poor Vlad, I wonder how many times he's had to replace his table now?

PA out

P.S. Here's 20 dozen fresh baked cyber cookies for your enjoyment for having Vlad laughing merrily in this chapter! I never get to see him have a good clean laugh and not an evil laugh!
Queen S of Randomness 016 chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
hey!

wow! 2 years? already?

yet another awesome chapter! i hope u update soon! -
truephan chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
So, Pearl, you finally gave Danny the chance to do something wicked to Vlad AND get away with it (even if it was a little on the, uhm, earthy side). WELL, come to think of it, Danny only sorta got away with it, since Vlad really had the opportunity to sit down and think about it...hm, earthy, I know!

Also, speaking of wicked things, you gave us another wicked little clue on what Vlad is up to. The trouble is I checked out that little clue and I'm clueless what it is! I mean, all Vlad said to him in the limo was that Danny should be quiet and/or go with him for Jazz's sake. And now Vlad tells Skulker in this chappie that he wants to break Danny by taking his family away from him. He already did that! And Danny already knows that he has to sorta obey Vlad to keep Jazz from harm. But Danny's getting worse in resisting rather than breaking and giving into Vlad willingly. NOT THAT I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO DANNY! Nothing is more heart-wretching than to have someone's spirit broken (no pun intended this time!). What a very cruel and evil thing to do to anybody! I would say-through gritted teeth I should say-that not even Vlad deserves to be forced to have his spirit broken. Defeated, yes, broken, no... Well, Vlad did have that happend to him in TUE, and I did feel a little sorrow for him. But Vlad's broken spirit had been the better for him because he did the right thing and helped Danny in the end. But IF Vlad manages to break Danny's spirit, I don't think it will be for the better for Danny! And I don't think he'll be an effective 'son-by-Vlad's-side' either after he's been 'broken'. I think he'll be a pitiful shell of himself and might even be in danger of-gulp-dying all the way! After all, his family is what drives Danny and gives his life extra meaning.. OH NO! Would his dying all the way be possible, then? What a thought!

Get a hold of yourself, there, truephan! Anyhow, speaking of earthy things (yes, I did, up above!) I really cringed with that comment about Danny's earlier childhood experience. What a totally embarrassing thing for anyone at any age, uh, except babbies, of course, who really wouldn't care anyhow... And now Danny's having his powers go haywire at night, too! NOT a good sign! Especially when Vlad found out. What does THIS mean? That somehow Danny's uncontrollable powers will be catastrophic? (Though I must say Danny's doing a bang-up job at being on the verge of total castastrophe when CONTROLLING his powers as well!) NOW I JUST KNOW VLAD'S HOUSE-AND MAYBE EVEN VLAD HIMSELF-ARE DOOMED! Especially if Danny finds out what Vlad alluded to when he told Skulker about Danny's playing that little 'trick' on Vlad can see that the house's days are numbered.

Anyhow, I'm glad this chappie had LESS angst in it! I don't think I would have survived another round of it quite yet; so I now can see right through you, you GREAT and CLEVER writer, you! Great because this is a well-written chapter and brought out some interesting (though unwanted) sides of Danny; and Clever because you're giving us a little lull in the angst so that you can suck us MORE into this story and then the angst will come out of nowhere and we will be sucked into IT and then we all will be doomed and then...then, I better stop this review or else I might have to be placed BACK in that padded cell! GREAT CHAPTER AND GREAT STORY. Can't wait for more! *head thuds into padded wall*... truephan
Secret Spy Guy chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
Two yearS? Seriously? no wai! i can't believe it. i should do a fan art on top of the screen card I'm still working on. This story deserves it/ So awesome!

so, vlad's been up to something all along...and poor Danneh. It looks like it's working

Falling through a ceiling. the halfa equivilant of wetting the bed.:D LOLZ. Poor Danny. He's going to need some pullups.

Can't wait for more. :D

-Lor (hey, it rhymed!)
Ali-Apple chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
This is still is my favorite story! I really love this chapter and i can't wait to see what the treat is! Please update soon and keep up the good work!
xheartkreuzx chapter 25 . 4/4/2008
so yah, im wickedly in love with this story!

cant wait for the next update!

btw, happy almost anniversary!
sciencefreak330 chapter 25 . 4/3/2008
Good chapter! Two years? Wow, that certainly is quite a commitment! I'm glad you never gave up, though! Keep up the good work!
Dawn Gray Manson chapter 25 . 4/3/2008
Hi pearl84 this story has been good so far. Man, I wonder what is going on with Danny...can't wait to find out. Keep it up.
Invader Johnny chapter 25 . 4/3/2008
Two years old? Man that's kind of a long time, congratulations I guess.

Ya know I actually felt a great amount of hatred towards Vlad when he cut of Danny's internet connection, believe you me I know how that feels.

Well all right I actually saw this coming, Vlad's plan I mean, you are right the guy can be predictable considering what he has to work with and what he wants to acomplish from his "work".

What else can I tell you about this chapter other than it was a new way for Danny to get revenge on his arch-enemy and THIS I didnt see coming.

Finally, I was very surprised Danny lost control of his powers, damn, he must be REALLY deppressed huh?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
3,582 | « Prev Page 1 .. 199 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 219 .. Last Next »