Reviews for Checkmate
Shining Zephyr chapter 27 . 4/25/2008
Yeah, he's a mess all right. I felt really sorry for Danny in this chapter. The poor kid is just wanting to let out some of his anger, but Vlad is just being a *bleep* to him. I really love how you've wrote this story. So full of plot twists and other wonderful things. I can't wrap my brain around it all sometimes, but that's a good thing! I'm enjoying this story even more now, and I'm so glad you're free! XD

From school, I mean.

Love it even more than ever!

~Shiny-sama
Shining Zephyr chapter 26 . 4/23/2008
You stuck Danny in a cage. o.O

Pearl, what am I going to say about this? I'm running out of poetic idea to say for this story! I want to go and write some serious Vlad and Danny angst now, for you're inspiring me to do more! OMFG, Vlad is getting really ticked off at him, huh? SCARY.

But I adore it all the same.

Wow. I love it.

~Shiny-sama
Xdon't-mind-meX chapter 27 . 4/22/2008
Vlad kind? This is getting interesting! Wonder if Danny will open his mind to what the other ghosts think of him! That'd be cool to see.

PA out

P.S. This unstability thing is really confusing me! Why is it happening? And why must your Vlad muse drive me crazy trying to figure out what's causing it?
Wyndom500 chapter 27 . 4/22/2008
I just read your story and...WOAH...

this story is AMAZING. I don't even know where to begin. it's ... magnifique. I can't begin to describe it. I was HOOKED! I would not even stop reading this story to eat dinner so i just skipped it. yeah your story is that good. there is one particular line that won't leave my head though.

it's when jazz says: “If I would have known getting sick would get me all this attention from you, I would have done so sooner”

That was very...touching? I can't describe it. all I can say so far is that it was very emotional. *sigh* danny must really feel guilty...and furious against Vlad too...Duhr*

Well, I hope you UPDATE soon!

p.s. this story is in my favs. ;]
Miriam1 chapter 27 . 4/21/2008
Wow. Poor Danny!

Skulker is out to mentally torture Danny, even as Vlad won't permit him to PHYSICALLY torture him.

Vlad is having trouble dealing with Danny, and the stress is getting to him. I think what he is having the most difficulty with is the fact that Danny isn't breaking as quickly as Vlad thought Danny might.

All of this is not helping Danny in the long run, but it won't work the way Vlad anticipates. This I can see.

Poor Danny. You know, the ironic thing about Danny's situation is that if Danny would have given in and done what Vlad wanted from the outset, he might have seen that kind side of Vlad that most of Vlad's ghostly servants see.

There is good reason for Danny NOT to have done so, but the fact is that when people give Vlad what Vlad wants, he can be nice about how he treats them. But Danny isn't interested in giving Vlad what he wants, so Danny isn't going to see that side of Vlad.

Throughout all of this, Vlad was consciencious enough to remind Niane to give Danny dinner.

And Vlad was aware enough that Danny had other needs, and the only way for them to be attended to was to release Danny from the cage.

Danny could swallow his pride, but not his anger. I really hope he doesn't do anything else to anger Vlad. Danny is angry, but he doesn't have any control of the situation.

And Danny is losing control of his powers. Even Vlad can tell that there is something wrong, but it doesn't seem to be obvious. I'm worried for Danny.

The suspense you are building is intense.

Thank you for this chapter.

Sincerely,

Miriam
Aquawyrm chapter 27 . 4/21/2008
Excessive energy, lowered cognitive function, and a short temper...sounds to me like Vlad's going to be in trouble.

If Danny needs to constantly burn energy, and that cage stopped him from releasing any for a full 24 hours, he's got to be running on a full tank and then some. Of course, if he gets zapped for overflowing, he's going to have a choice: get zapped, or make the tank bigger. I think he made the tank bigger...

Which means that the cage is a (particularly unpleasant) way to make a half ghost more powerful. Vlad's gonna regret that..._
Plain English chapter 27 . 4/20/2008
I wonder what is going on with Danny's powers? Oh mystery! :) Can't wait for more!

Plain English
Me-agaisnt-the-world chapter 27 . 4/20/2008
Awesome job. It's always great having a reason not to do homework for a bit ) I feel quite sorry for Danny... and I do think he;s starting to become more and more like an enemy I know... not a good thing IMO but it helps the plot and keeps people captivated... even if I don't like the idea of Danny being evil

Benji: SO WHAT! DANNY SHALL BE EVIL AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING TO STOP IT MUHAHAHHA

... ok apperently Benji enjoys that part. Anyways, when you say to buckle up... you need to put on ALL safety gear in anticipation. Can't wait for it!

MATW
PunkMichPhantom chapter 27 . 4/20/2008
I feel really sorry for Danny right now... and I was really scared for Niane, too. I can't wait for the next update! And I thought it was kinda funny with the whole "bathroom" thing and being locked in a cage for a while! lol. I just happened to find that one funny! Great job! Update soon, plz and thank you!
sciencefreak330 chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
OMG, that was amazing! Poor Danny, he's losing his mind! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Deyinel chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
This thing with Danny's powers is getting seriously scary. I don't have a clue what it could be either. Are his powers in flux? Expanding? Is this thing caused by something creepy McCreepington the stable-boy did to him? Is he a ticking time bomb. I'll bet its causing (some of) his insane anger and violence too...and I really should have thought of that sooner...

This chapter was fantastic! I loved Niane, she is rapidly becoming a very interesting character, as Danny noticed, and I think she's the best DP oc I've seen. Her scene with Danny was very well done, their conversation real, and thought provoking.

And Skulker was...creepy, to say the least. The part when he was about to kill Niane and Danny couldn't do anything was somehow very moving, and I actually caught myself holding my breath, (and no, it's not the first time in this story that that has happened.)

Danny and Vlad were awsome all the way through once again, and the dream was excellent.

All in all, a wonderful treat for me when I came home from a stressful exam. Thank you! And thanks a lot for updating so quickly. I'll have that cell phone number for your Vlad muse as soon as Danny caves to my blackmail. ;)

Update soon, and I'll be sure to lay in a supply of seatbelts!
Aclet chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
Wow, so the people working for the V-man don't think he's totally evil, well I don't think that either, Danny should keep an open mind, his opinion about him may change one day...and then I woke up XD

Ok, I like how this is going...powers and emotions mixed up, ending in a completely messed up teenager...that's fun to read...

Although I thought Danny was going to be broke by this chapter...*cries* I wanted to see him broke...well guess that if that's ever gonna happen I'll have to wait...and I will :D

Great you're going to update DoaS soon can't wait! That fic is way too awesome.

Read you soon Pearl, take care! ta!
VampireJazzy chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
aww he's like a fully charged bunny!
Invader Johnny chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
Well after reading this I can only say I was semi-surprised that the ghosts that work for Vlad don't see him as a bad guy but as their boss and nothing more.

And of course other than that, I actually look foward to Danny breaking, if the cage didn't do that, then something even bigger will do the job!

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
AlexLynette chapter 27 . 4/19/2008
Every chapter I read, I feel more and more sorry for Danny. I mean, what kind of heartless jerk would do such a thing? And you know what's weird? He's my favorite villian, even though he does all those horrible things to Danny. Strange, huh? So, anyway, I can't wait to read the next chapter! I'll strap my seat belt on just in case! :lol:

~DannyTimmyGirl327