Reviews for Checkmate
Queen S of Randomness 016 chapter 14 . 8/23/2007
YAY! I AM SO GLAD THAT PHANTOMANIA 2 IS THIS WEEK! -

anyway...yet another AWESOME chapter! i hope u update soon! -
Autumnmycat23 chapter 14 . 8/23/2007
Slower chapter but still very good. I liked the joke at the end with the feather duster. . But then again I am aways for the comedy...and angst. Can't wait for the next chappie. _
Obbessive Fangirl chapter 14 . 8/23/2007
Ah, Secret Weapons, Many Questions, Strange devices, Evil Plots, Vladdelicous Food that Danny MUST NOT EAT, rage in Jazz, YAY DANI RETURNS, Fancy pants ghost kids (And a Evil Ghost..Vampire...MAN) that will not intefere, Jack who is just a teddy bear wqaiting to be hugged,(French Accent) Ah, so Many mezteriez too littale time..(Normal accent, american accent)Oh, WHY,Why does everything have to be a mystery!
Kantrix Gabriel chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
Oh. Secret weapons, daring plots, and annoying new characters, oh my!

So many questions, so little time. What is Vlad planning? Will Sam and Tucker EVER find Danny? Is Danny going to face some serious torture in the near future? Is Jazz going to be okay? Will Danny's parents have something to do with Danny's rescue? (Assuming Danny is to be rescued...) Will Danni's character ever drop to a tolerable level of annoyance?

Enough questions. The chapter was very intriguing, what with Vlad's secret weapon and everything. That you planned this story out as early as the first and second chapters is wicked impressive! Not to mention a HUGELY good sign that your plot will have more twists and turns than your average corn maze. Okay, bad analogy, but anyways... awesome chapter, as always. Can't wait for the next one!

K.G.
dizappearingirl chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
(Narrator voice) Thwarted once again by the laws of reality Dizgirl strives to find another way to enter the world of Danny Phantom so she can thoroughly throttle Vladumdum and save Danny from the nasty old single man who desperately needs a cat. Alas all previous efforts have done nothing but frustrate the brave phangirl and she is forced to accept that it might not be possible. Of course that's what she wants the reality people to think. Secretly she is working with her muse, several amazing OCs, and a random plot bunny to make it work. SHE SHALL PREVAIL!

_ Like it? WELL, I can't be too unhappy with this chap's content. Nothing horrible happened to anyone (except a ghosty lizard...poor him). In fact we got to see Dani, Sam and Tucker have another ally in their search for Danny, we know why his signature isn't popping up on the machines, Jazz will hopefully be filled in soon, and NOTHING bad happened to Danny! YAY! Problem is I think that those extra functions on his device ar L! EVIL! PLUS I still don't think Danny should eat nasty Vladilicious food. That just reeks of POISON! RAR! I SHALL get you man! You're on my list, Vladito!

-Dizgirl

PS: Phantom Planet ROCKS!
Punker88 chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
Hello! How much do you get your evil Vlad musing (not grammatically correct...)?

For me, AUs don't make sense. I mean, why not have a completely new fiction story instead of making if fan fiction, but oh well. I do like some crossovers (mainly HPxDP if they are cool)

Anyways, AWESOME chapter! Vlad is still freaking me out but that's a good thing and poor Sam, Tucker and the rest, depressing. You brought Danni in. That's alright. I quit caring about her Mary-Sueness so yeah. Great job on this one!
Shou-Hato chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
-Sigh- I don't hate Danielle, I just don't see a purpose for her existense and the episodes she appeared in. I'm not shocked,actually, her character is screaming Mary Sue, but my feelings are still mixed. I'm so anxious about the next chapter, I desperatley want to find out what Vlad's up too, but like you said, isn't that what we all love about our Vladdie? He always makes us wonder what he's up to. Danny's "Bracelet" is also making me curios.

"With that, they took to the air and flew into the portal. Vlad’s eyes moved towards Skulker at hearing him chuckle.

"“Ve’ll be back as soon as ve can, but you have to understand, ve’re not younglings anymore.”"

Poor guys,handling so much work (In such an old age!) They deserve a cookie. Each of them. -hands over cookies-
babydragon11 chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
awesome! update soon as always!
dgLari chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
ha! good one! I like the device's stuff its so cool!

Good chapter, but I missed Danny :( well I think I'm gonna wait 'till the next one! see ya soon! bye!
Paranoia Theory chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
Oh wow! I love how you threw Danielle in there! (I've always seen her a bit more as a Danielle than a Danni for some reason...hm...) Anyway, that was funny, Danielle calling Sam Samantha. I laughed at that. Well, this is going really great. I like the feather duster idea. Vlad's right, the buzzards would make lousy pillows.

Keep up the good work, Pearl! I'm loving where this is going!

Alias
Shining Zephyr chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
-moans- Man, you're good.

"They'd make horrid pillows."

I fell out of my chair, I was laughing so hard. How do you do it? This was very well-written! Ah! I love your style!

Shiny-san
MutantLover09 chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
i know what you mean, for some reason i don't like Danielle either, she's kinda annoying. please, please tell me the next chapter is coming soon, you nearly killed me with all this waiting! the next chappie sounds good, personally i like the one's with danny and vlad in it. hmm, i wonder what vlad's watch does. i'm just guessing but i'm gonna say something bad and or evil. am i warm or cold? Update soon!, and i mean soon LOL
Dominosowner chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
Cool, can't wait for the new chapter! I REALLY liked how you brought Danielle in, she's one of my favorites...

Update Soon!

P.S.- I've seen Phantom Planet and IT IS AN AWESOME MOVIE!

You'll LOVE the end. E-Mail me if you want spoilers... I saw it early on a website, like, two months ago.
Invader Johnny chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
Yes I know you HATE Danielle and I wasnt surprised to see her in this fic.

Ah yes the sacrifices a writer must make I know what ya mean since Im gonna use Undergrowth on one of my fics and you know I dont like that ghost... He sucks.

Anyway I am quite surpsed there IS a school in the Ghost Zone, I mean a few children ghosts I seen in the show A.K.A. Youngblood and Danielle dont exactly seem like the type of kids to go to school ya know?

I mean theyre dead and hald dead I guess so what good is it for them?

Oh boy Jazz wants to talk to Sam and Tucker this is NOT gonna be pretty huh?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
truephan chapter 14 . 8/22/2007
Interesting that you brought in Danielle even though you don't like her...I was about to say the same thing to you! I don't like her either. I never got over the fact that a "clone" of a boy became a girl, even with all the mumbo-jumbo that she is a "clone gone bad". And how did she get to be 12 all of the sudden, then? Had Vlad been hiding her for 12 years? Never got that, but then, I'm rambling off the story...Things are getting heated up..I'm really interested in Vlad's watch. I always love bells and whistles with devices, so I'm interested what ELSE it will do. And, wow, never thought that Danny's watch was a cloaking device. I thought it was just a disrupter of some sort..duh, a clocking device! Anyhow, will Danny be using this cloaking device to his ADVANTAGE against Vlad, hmm? And what is Vlad up with Jack? With Danny under control, Vlad can waste Jack anytime, so why does he care that he'll be alone...makes me wonder. And I loved the scene with Sam and Tucker with Jack. I think Jack is really just a big teddy bear that needs lots of love and hugs to help him get through things. And I sure hope Sam and Tucker come to the rescue as always. I do NOT see them EVER giving up to find Danny. Can't wait for the next chapter. GOOD JOB! truephan
3,342 | « Prev Page 1 .. 201 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 221 .. Last Next »