Reviews for Checkmate
Guest chapter 83 . 9/13/2015
FINALLY it comes back to bite him in the ass. Not as much as I'd hoped — the jury's still out on Sam — but hey, I'll take what I can get! :DDD
Guest chapter 81 . 9/13/2015
The rest of it is fine, but... Are you serious? Are you seriously letting Danny take back his old friends without calling them out for the shit they pulled at Vlad's? Please tell me this is just a "too-relieved-to-protest" moment. You've done really well with the other character interactions up until now; please, please, please tell me you're not about to ignore the scariest shit in all of this. Sam, in particular, is like the prime example of an unhealthy, one-sided relationship... Yes, Danny does care about her, but despite her constant thinking about Danny, that's all it was. "About" Danny. She didn't think "of" him at all; only about how his leaving affected her and how the whole world must be against her having him. She's like Vlad, except worse. Tucker doesn't help because half the time, he enables her, and when he doesn't, she never listens.

Hoping this issue gets cleared up soon.
Guest chapter 80 . 9/13/2015
... I still feel like Danny did the wrong thing by leaving Vlad. Especially because Sam and Tucker persuaded him incorrectly; they were too aggressive, and didn't stop to consider Danny's feelings. They freaking guilt-tripped him into going back to his old life. If that doesn't spell "unhealthy relationship," I don't know what does. Danny's going to be uncomfortable and absolutely miserable and he's not going to understand the full reason why. He'll be trapped, actually trapped this time, instead of just sacrificing himself to do the right thing.

Hoping to see a bad ending in five chapters!
Guest chapter 55 . 9/8/2015
*literally everything concerning Niane clicks into place*
sammansonrepilica chapter 24 . 9/5/2015
Great chapter I loved all the interactions between all the characters
faedemonn chapter 85 . 8/30/2015
Dear lord. I don't know if you still read reviews for Checkmate, or if you even pay attention to it anymore, but I had to tell you: this is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I love this story to bits, and I'm in love with the angst and fluff and the colossal amounts of badger cereal. It took me a couple weeks to read, and nearly reduced me to tears a few times, but I can't say I regret any of it because this was such a wonderful story and I find myself desperatelt wishing it was canon. I can't wait to start reading Endgame, which I'll probably do within the week. Thank you for writing this masterpiece!
Baelfire Endee chapter 3 . 8/30/2015
THIS IS RIPPING ME INTO PIECES, BUT IT'S SO GOOD, OH MY GOSH.
r3nlock chapter 85 . 8/9/2015
so i read this story in one sitting and i loved it and hated it (stop being enemies!) i'm REALLY hoping that danny and vlad fix things in your sequel (i'll even root for them going back in time with all their memories of future consequences). i'm not going to tell you everything i loved about this because it's all blended together and there was way too much (blasphemy, there's never too much) to love. i'm looking forward to vlad learning about dan and i'm afraid to start reading the sequel until it's finished (and hopefully has a happy ending). but i will read it! because leaving them as enemies after this beautiful story is absolutely wrong. thank you so much for writing this.
Dani Witt chapter 33 . 8/7/2015
I know you won't read this so I'm feeling stupid right now, but I think it's 'Ta, Ta. I don't know. When you say,'Ta', it feels wierd sometimes. I don't know. Yeah.
Oliver V chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
"Words: 1,037,915"
Holy fuck.
That's...I'm pretty sure that's more words than there were in the entire Danny Phantom series.
That's twice as many words as War and Peace, that's more words than The Bible...this story is as long as the entire Harry Potter series.
What in the fuck.
This is going to take all week, damnit.
Melissa98 chapter 68 . 8/2/2015
No! Clockwork does care damn it he does! He just can't interfere Danny! Not this time.
00Midnight00 chapter 84 . 8/2/2015
Wow... after reading Dawning of a Sun I knew I would fall in love with another one of your stories and that I have indeed. Love how you make them so long!

Mmm a part of me wished to see Danny stay with Vlad and the rich lifestyle while attending school with Annie just to see how his new life would be... but family and friends come first indeed. I feel really bad for Vlad, thought...

Anyways, congratulations in creating another masterpiece! And thanks for your hard work! Now, to proceed with My Last Lesson from you & Endgame...
Melissa98 chapter 56 . 7/29/2015
Oh god damn it Danny. Things were going so smoothly.
Melissa98 chapter 28 . 7/5/2015
I saw the chapter title and ending think it would happen but...

Well I've got a lot more chapters to read and I'm still stumped on what's going to happen next.
Spiritseer245 chapter 84 . 6/12/2015
I can honestly say after reading this that I will never look at Vlad in the same way ever again. Though I am kind of frustrated that he pushed Danny away, I can't bring myself to completely think he's a total jerk. I loved how you wrote this, it was like reading an actual novel. You kept true to each characters personality and the progression of each character didn't compromise any of their true selves. This is one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. I kind of wish they had done something like this in the series and developed Vlad's character more. Well you actually also developed all of the other characters as well. I love how your story almost seemed to have waves that progressed it along. You wrote this well and obviously put so much time and effort into it. It was amazing how you resolved issues, but created new ones so that you could have enough for a sequel. In my heart, I'm hoping that Danny is going to break through to Vlad in the sequel as I read it. You honestly left me as torn as Danny on weather or not he should have gone home. Danny had made the right choice in the end, which I would have chosen the same thing. If only it were that easy with Vlad... Anyway to make my incredibly long summary short...you are an amazing writer and I look forward to reading the next story.
3,669 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »