Reviews for For this Moment
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
that moment when rurouni shifts to battousai... the edges blurring, the shifting colors...

i envy how you can take two consecutive frames and bring them to life with your own unique prespective.

for the glimpse through your eyes, thank you.

ginny
monsoonblues chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
You have an interesting style of writing, I like your metaphors, different. It does get a little confusing, but the effect of that is mostly covered up by the way you've described Kenshin's point of view in so few words. Overall, good job!
Saucie chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
Best line: "The girl, edging away, her breathing, rising, falling, distant. That boy, where?"

It's the "where?" that gets me. That's the word that shows the transition completely ... you see that, and you know.

And the question: "...for this moment, returned?" I love the question mark there.

Well written, in all, I really liked it - perhaps the inclusion of the manga excerpts in the very beginning was unnecessary ... I think the summary sets it up fairly clearly. But the way the scene itself was written - very cool.

And totally randomly - my dad's name was Saleh. Lol. Just thought I'd point that out because of the "stare all you want" thing you'd written. Haha.
Hitoezakura chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Lol...can't log in for some reason.

Anyways, amazing work! (This is not flattery, this is the truth! I will buzz you if you call this flattery!)

I loved the emotions in the fic, how Kenshin can see his past self in Saitou, and how he tells himself that he cannot runaway. I adored the way you entered the fic, with that dialogue about Saitou calling Kenshin a hypocrite (that line is powerful). Your vocabulary and imagery, as usual, is excellent!You did a wonderful job!
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Great interpretation of one of the best directed fight scenes ever. your altered choppy style of writing serves well for writing it- the turmoil in Kenshin's mind as disjointed thoughts flash across it, the palpable sense of foreboding in the air...

The description and comparisions -"He sees me, myself and the self that, within the darkest days, of embers and snow and rain, all red, he had found akin." -ws really well though of

Kenshin thinking of Kaoru and the others as "children" pretty much drives home the fact...
anaemicfaeries chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Great insight into Kenshin's mind at that point, nice depth, the references to 'children' and his Hitokiri days...

And the imagery, as usual, is just gripping.

Enjoyed it very much.
Jasmine Reinier chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Now that, THAT was kewl. As always, I love your descriptions. You capture a moment in time perfectly. _ Flawlessly.

Only one little thing, "Miburo", not "Miburu". _

Loved it, just like I love all your other drabbles, Warg-sama.

~Teh Jazzy
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
Another awesome ficlet!

'dyed in the dying day’s last rays'-What an awesome line! Wonderful imagery, as always. I doubt you could even write bland, lol!

'He sees me, myself and the self that, within the darkest days, of embers and snow and rain, all red, he had found akin.'

-Does that line even need a comment? The prose is so good!

The reference to children...the girl...the boy...that was nicely done too. Innocence not yet lost eh? Hands not stained with blood...

And then how it cuts to Kaoru...

Job well done!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
I like how Kenshin refers to "the girl", "that boy", "these children" here. As he says, he "cannot run, not now, not ever, myself in slivers..." as focuses on his past standing both before him and in him. My favorite line is the opening one which says it all, "...there, across the dojo, ...stood what should have been me."
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
Interesting use of the manga excerpts! Especially since the words were just different enough from the anime to make them sound new and fresh.

The pace was nicely done to, starting with words, then going to introspection and leaving off at the brink of battle, then deliberately NOT describing the battle but leaving us with Kaoru's reaction instead...that was very well plotted!
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
really excellent. as usual, you've got beautiful description here. great choice in scene and wonderful use in actual quotes that frame the story perfectly! i LOVE it!

sirius
Esther chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
hey there Saleh,

howdya manage to write so freakin' bloody well? it's so well done, i love readin' ur fics...all i can say is that u write so well... ur a freakin' genius...

Keep it Up!

Es
White Rabbit Tale chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Okay, I *definatlely* reviewed this before. I'm really pissed at fanfiction right now for a number of reasons.

Anyway...

I'm glad you finally posted this. It is, of course, very excellent and very well-written. I like how you enclosed it with manga quotations, making it really seem like a snap shot or a split second of Kenshin's thoughts. (Is this 150 manga quotes? It must be.)

I love the way this is written-slightly disjointed in some parts, but stange and connected in other parts. Just like real thoughts. Some of it almost seems like lines of a poem.

I can't really seem to express how much I enjoyed this fic and how perfectly it sets the mood and tone of the following fight...great job.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Very punchy! Very evocative of atmosphere and character.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Like I said before, this is a great scene to focus on. To see Kenshin and Saito fight "like they did in the revolution" (Sano's words, right?) is just too delicious-really, there should have been more of Saito in his Shinsengumi outfit and long hair, and Kenshin with his high topknot-m, sexy sexy sexy!