Reviews for To Conquer What We Fear
Gismo chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
What a wonderful story, I loved it! And finally one with an explanation why little Arwen (or another elfling) would run to Glorfindel instead of to her parents when she is scared. A very believable reason. There are so many stories out there where children/elflings run to Glorfindel for comfort for no apparent reason (the running to Glorfindel I mean), it is refreshing to read one with a logical explanation.

One thing had me wondering though. In your story you mention the cold several times, but Elves don't get affected by cold as Tolkien states somewhere in his work (I'm pretty sure he did). So I have my doubts at the shivering of Arwen.

Oh yes, one other thing is that Elves can't get sick like we humans do. So Arwen (or Glorfindel) wouldn't catch a cold from staying in the rain too long.

Other than that, I think this is a wonderful piece of writing. The end scene was rather enjoyable too, a nice humorous ending. Well done and thank you for writing it!
Agena K chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Thank you for the wonderful story! Do you think Glorfindel would help me overcome my fear of storms too? just How do you get to the gardens of Imladris?

This made a wonderful bedtime story!
Crecy chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
That was adorable! I really enjoyed it. _
enchantedwriter72 chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
:) That was nice. It was verry sweet, kinda funny, and had a good ending! Bravo! :)