Reviews for XMen Rising Part One 'Birds of a Feather'
Saint H chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
Oh, smexxy...

Whenever it's not so late and I don't have to work... I'll pick back up on this. But for now, bed. And for tomorrow, work.

Your;

Saint H
Ludi chapter 4 . 5/27/2006
Meh heh. You were right about the flirting part. Needless to say it brought a big smile to my face. Anyway, what are you doing bringing me out of my lurking status? You might just re-christen me as a FFnet whore yet! No-o-o-o-o-o!

Kidding. But this really is getting me back into thr swing of things, so thanks for that. And I'm loving your Remy. He's so... playful! Though I'm sure the intense stuff is yet to come. Oh, and you are so appealing to my inner geek here, with all these classic characters. Trask and Sentinels and the Morlocks (proper Morlocks!) and God knows who else. I skimmed over the next few chapters and discovered there's more yet to come. You're totally spoiling us!

Yeah, the character dynamics are really working fluidly together in this one. And I did mention the Trask/Essex thing, didn't I, because the whole concept rocks. But as I said before, I think you just need to add a little touch of Trask and Essex's looks in there, because when you first come across them it's a little hard to visualise them.

Anyhow, I think that's it for now. Just when I knock another chapter down, you go and add another! Meh, I'm so slow... I promise I'll get there by the weekend.

Have a good one!

-Ludi x
Ludi chapter 3 . 5/27/2006
You should be proud of that picture. Ever since I first saw it what feels like an age ago I've thought it was one of your best. If not the best. :)

But anyway, I'm not sure there's a lot more to add to what I wrote for the short commentary. Again, I really liked some of your more elegant and eloquent phrasings. The lines that introduce us to Gambit - in fact, every line that describes Gambit - is just simple magic. Beautiful. And I applaud your use of Carol. Actually I was surprised that you went ahead and did the whole absorbing Carol thing. I've been dubious of fics that try to shoe-horn that whole thing into the movieverse, even though it is (what I believe, anyway) an integral part of Rogue's character. I think it works here because you haven't stressed the act of absorption in monumental, epic scales; rather you've made it an incidental event, an accident, and that makes it more palatable. :)

Trask/Essex is very interesting indeed - an unholy alliance... and one of convenience too. That never bodes well. I'm really looking forward to what you're going to make of this particular thread. :)

And as I've said before, great work on the style. I'm reading it less as a story than as a great big visual work-out. I can just see it as I would on the movie screen. And that's no bad thing. :)

-Ludi x
Kou Shun'u chapter 2 . 5/26/2006
nice way to show mr. sinister's influence over gambit.
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
well i jst awke after seeing the frst midnight showing of xmen3 so of course im n the xmen fic mood. and before i was going to look, i have an update of yours to a fic im pretty sure i havent read. and of course i see the word gambit an the fact it contines of the monie-exactly what i wanted. but of course im not too excited cause fics can easily be crappy. i was a little shaky with my opinion with psylocke and angel, because there was nothing to judge but then you bring in irene and sinister and im going o, this is going to be good. so now im excited, especially with remy's intrduction into the story "“The white stripes are becoming of you,” Irene foretells.A quiet exhale.“He finds them fetching.”" _ cant wait.
Ludi chapter 2 . 5/26/2006
Things are already beginning to move very fast. This is to be expected I suppose, since the movement of the story is less towards exposition than it is to action. Again, the whole 'snapshot' formula seems to work with this. I feel more that this is a set of scenes or acts in a play rather than a story in the conventional sense; but actually I am liking that aspect very much. One of the highlights of this chapter was definitely reading about the younger students in the first 'scene', particularly Bobby's reflections on Rogue. All I can say is you really hit the nail on the head there, but in such an eloquent and elegant manner! And from the tidbit of information you revealed on Kitty, I'm most certainly looking forward to reading more about her character. :)

And my fave Cajun makes his appearance sooner than I thought! I am indeed feeling very spoiled today! Already you have caught my attention by highlighting aspects of Remy that are woefully underused in fanfiction (or seem to be - I'm not really a great judge on that since I probably don't read as much fanfiction as I should :p). His capacity as an Omega-class mutant, and the fact that for a part of his early life, his touch would have been as poisonous as Rogue's. Hm. So many delectable possibilities open up. :) I found the scenes in the theatre great to read because you don’t shy from pain and death and horror and all the heavy stuff. It just feels very *real*, and consequently the reading experience is so much better! Of course, I am also looking forward to more of Sinister, since he's also a secret little favourite of mine. I do believe you're spoiling me with this story. All my secret favourites are making an appearance and promising to have a further (no doubt large?) role in the story. So far I'm relatively in the dark, but at the rate you're putting these out girl, I'm probably not going to be for much longer. Rock on! ;)
Ludi chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
Okay, I left you with the emails, but I figured I should write reviews too since it's only fair I give a short commentary of each chapter. First of all I was very happy with the style you are writing this in. As opposed to 'Seether', which is very dense and very winding, this story, however, seems (so far) to be a collection of brief snapshots that are rather more staccato when read. This isn't a bad thing - just different. And dare I say, not something I would have expected from you? It is interesting to read from you, after the density of Seether, and the abstract stream-of-consciousness that was CMD. I find it refreshing when an author can be so versatile, and you've definitely proved that with your work. However, keeping this story in mind, I find the 'snapshot' approach really is my cup of tea at the moment. The style is just really appealing to me right now, so as I said, I really couldn’t have started reading this at a better time!

I'm also looking forward to any developments plot-wise, since I'm a sucker for the whole fate element, and I'm thrilled that you've included Destiny because she's frankly one my favourite characters. I loved the dialogue both between her and Xavier and her and Rogue. The dialogue with Xavier really upped the suspense, and the one with Rogue was natural and yet teasing at the same time - a very nice mixture.

There were times when your writing read a little rocky, and others when the tense kept slipping, but this are mainly minor gripes… I do enjoy your turn of phrase and in some particular instances feel really treated when I read them. And your descriptions of the characters are always a joy to read since they are always so vivid and colourful. I am also greatly enjoying the backgrounds you have given some of these characters - a slight twist on the 616 versions we all know and love so well. So all in all, I have to say, I'm looking forward to further updates - and of course the introduction of a certain Cajun… ;p
Alkittie chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
I finally reviewed!

*pops partypoppers*

woot!

I find it to be very good, well written, and the plot is exquisite...

(pay up Don.)
Rom chapter 3 . 5/23/2006
“Stars—“ started a deep, yet cultured voice. Then Bamf! Cyclops’ beam cut through the spiraling black smoke from Kurt’s teleport to collide with the hallway wall from where they had just come.

Bamf! Further around the railed aisle, the same black smoke appeared.

“—And garters,” the cultured voice finished.

...MCCOY. ::spasm:: Oh, my stars and garters...:D

I'm having to flush Wikipedia out for everything I don't know about Wikipedia so I can figure out who's who...

I'm liking it so far, though...xD
Jabba1 chapter 4 . 5/3/2006
Very intriguing start so far Randi, you just may end up ruining the real thing for me. Hehehehe!

I am uber amused that you managed to include Gambit into this. I remember your dissapointment that they haven't included him in the movies, and I could only imagine your squeeing if he make a surprise appearance in the movie. :D I am really looking forward to what you bring to the table. Keep it up (I just may forgive you for working on this instead of CMD :p).

::huggs::

Abby
Jabba1 chapter 2 . 5/3/2006
Hehehehehe, you couldn't resist bringing in Gambit could you?

::huggs::

::goes back to reading::
RebelRogue127 chapter 4 . 5/2/2006
Awsome chapter. Your doing a great job with the character's personalities. I find it interesting that Sinister is working with Trask. Hmmb, what will Siniter do with that(Rogue's) DNA, I wonder? :) I love Hank's quote and how he interacts with Remy. I'm looking foward to your next chapter.
RebelRogue127 chapter 3 . 5/2/2006
Sorry it took so long to review. After fr rereading chapter 1 and 2 for more clues, the only assumption I could make was maybe Magneto and the brotherhood are using rogue to get to Xavier. It's awsome that you brought Danvers into the picture. I am also amazed at your comic book intelligence. I can't wait for your next chapter.
IvyZoe chapter 4 . 5/2/2006
I loved it! I loved it all!

I really like how this story is going.

I loved Remy! HEHEHEHE!

He's so bad.

I can't believe he's all laid back and stuff.

And the way he was hitting on ROgue! WOW! Hot and steamy baby. Hot and steamy.

and what's up with Bobby WHy is he so suspicious of ROgue? I mean...it is weird that Pyro didn't pass out when ROgue touched him...but, he is supposed to be her friend?

Are Bobby and Rogue a couple here? I hhope not. aNd if they are, then I hope Remy makes Bobby nice and jealous.

Hipe to see more of Scott as well. I want to see how his character develops with out Jean.

I loved his avction sc4ene as well.

Great job. Hoope to see an update soon!
Silver12 chapter 4 . 5/2/2006
This story is very good, I am enjoying it very much and I love the art that is included. Can't wait for another update