Reviews for Turning Points
Aimed mischief chapter 10 . 3/21/2009
Whoa. Gorgeous story.
roswellwbfan chapter 11 . 1/23/2007
I do love me a reflective Dean, and I think this is a very well-written piece.
JRAismine chapter 11 . 5/21/2006
I tried to review earlier but my computer was being stubborn so I decided to wait 'til the end and see how it goes. (So far so good) Looking back , you had stated that you were unhappy with some of the chapters. Well you had nothing to be unhappy/dissatisfied with about ANY of them, they were all wonderfully written and offered some great insights into 'our boys'. My favorite part, that kind of summed it all up was in John's last chapter -"He had loved his boys, still did with what little was left of his soul, his beautiful baby boys and now they were grown,handsome,strong, righteous and broken. And the only part he could really lay claim to was the broken. The rest they had done for themselves for each other and for the memory of their mother." Powerful and 'Winchestery' :) Keep writing !
SensiblyTainted chapter 11 . 5/16/2006
This was really really good. I love the world you have portayed and you really brought the characters to life. I'm hoping you'll do a sequel or a new story where the boys are back together. It's almost unbearably tragic that you leave off with them seperated.
pizzapixie chapter 10 . 5/14/2006
John is never going to be forgiven in my eyes. He almost destroyed his children. He did destroy Dean's childhood,and the only reason Sam HAD any type of childhood was - no. John is the epitome of the road to Hell being paved with good intentions. Thanks for the chapter. Please write lots more.
rozzy07 chapter 11 . 5/14/2006
Have to say that I have really enjoyed reading all of this story. From start to finish you had me totally hooked and the ending was spot on with a determined Dean readying to put back together that was broken - his family. Thank for a marvelous read, and I am of course waiting anxiously for the next story to wing my way from your pen... so please post soon.
pizzapixie chapter 11 . 5/14/2006
I don't want it to end! You were just getting to the meat of the matter! LOL. Story of my life. I never want the good things to job. Please write lots more. Thanks.
Tezpin chapter 11 . 5/14/2006
For some reason I got a chapter update on the second chapter and then nothing until ch 11 popped up - maybe something Supernatural has infected my computer? I can only hope. *grin*

So I've sat down and read this whole fic in one sitting and just loved it. It's a tough sell making John sound sympathetic, but I really think you pulled it off. Hearing his conversation with Dean after Dean's first hunt sounded completely different depending on whose side you heard it from, which I thought was fantastic. And I really loved the imagery with road at the start and end, and Dean's hope and determination to put things right. (I wonder if he would come and put things right with my computer? That would be nice!)

Once again, I hope to read more from you. Good stuff!
rozzy07 chapter 9 . 5/13/2006
Two chapters in my mailbox, both different but both so heartfelt that I am left a little winded and once again in 'sniffle mode'.

Chapter 8 - How on earth that bad dad John Winchester could leave his boys alone sick to go off on a hunt is just mind staggering awful. Dean is not old enough to look after himself never mind a younger brother. The measles can be a killer disease and Sam is lucky to have survived it unscathed. Dean struggling to care for his brother & not having the means to make him better was just so hard to read. Of course you had me reaching for those tissues again...!

Then you transport me to another time and place in Chapter 9, seen through the eyes of a teenage Sam recounting the guilt trip laid on his injured brother's shoulder by his seriously fuc*ed up mistake for a father, for daring to get hurt in his first hunt. No words of comfort, no soft hugs to ease away the pain emtionally and physically eating away at him, but instead he is told to suck it up. Do better, be daddies perfect little soldier. You can see how and why Sam needed to escape as slowly bit by bit he saw his father beat down and destroy that unique spark of self that made up Dean. Hollowed out by the one person who should have protected his soul. Very inciteful and passionate piece of writing that held me spellbound. More soon please.
pizzapixie chapter 9 . 5/13/2006
Whoa. On his first hunt Dean gets injured and John blames him? What a rotten Dad. And then to start getting physical when he finds Sammy sleeping in the same bed? I am gonna have to get physical with John Winchester! Well, if he lives anyway. I love the changed perspective! Thanks and please update soon.
sams1ra chapter 6 . 5/12/2006
Wow. That chapter was just... wow. I totally cried. Good thing John doesn't exist, cuz I'd totally find him out and beat the crap out of him. No One calls Dean selfish and gets away with it in my book! Great job on this chapter!
Sarah chapter 8 . 5/12/2006
Great story. Please Continue!
pizzapixie chapter 8 . 5/11/2006
It was great. You didn't let Dean go all sappy and mushy. He was worried, concerned, but still essentially you used my idea! Thanks so much for that! I'd say I was biased in my review, but I wasn't. It was very well written and believable. Thank you!
rozzy07 chapter 7 . 5/11/2006
I feel so guilty in not reviewing this body of work sooner but RL & a stack of other flagged works just kept me bogged down to the extreme. You have offered up to me a POV that shows just how much Dean has sacrificed to be part of Johh Winchester's vendetta. He lost his innocence, his childhood, his ability to leave his own life, to go to school, college, to whatever may beckon for a young man with ambition and that is to do what comes naturally and that is to live life. Instead his life has been led via Sam, to see his own dreams visualised in his own younger brother's choices. So, still sniffling, mascara a little smudged, dare I ask for more ...Please"
workaholic chapter 7 . 5/11/2006
Ok - any time you want to stop making Dean break my heart will be fine. *sniff* I've read many fics where Dean was only too glad to leave school - the decision to give up something that meant so much to him so he could fulfill a promise added another dimension to his character, and shows that Dean demonstrates his concern rather than speak it. The (unspoken) refusal to sleep in the bedroom alone - really is going to take a while for that shield to be unshakeable. Enjoyed the drunken points to John that a sober Dean wouldn't mention.