Reviews for One Step Ahead
Kaleesh chapter 1 . 3/21
Where has this fic BEEN all my life? Seriously, I'm such a fan of vampire Dean, and I've looked so much for stories like this I can't believe I missed this one. I love the spin you've put on it so much. This is going in my recs IMMEDIATELY, I tell you!
SniperKingSogeking0341 chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Awwww~! Now that's cute!...In an awkward Supernatural way...; Good story nonetheless!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
LOVE IT!
DeathSidhe chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
aw..*cries and cries* This is so tragic! good story! had me captive from the start! poor deanie boy!
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Loved it! especilly Sam's messages and John's reaction
Twinchy chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Really powerful and sad story, well told.

I espeically liked Sam's calls on Dean's cell very much because they showed both the younger brother's desperation and mirrored Dean's emotions to the whole situation.

And despite this fate keeping him away from his beloved family, the older Winchester won't let that happen in his own way. Still being there for them and protecting them is also a smart way to get along in his position, fighting evil and feeding off those who are out to hurt others. Thus he can kind of stay inline with his conscience and the 'job' he used to love so well.

I merely think he should have told Sam and John right away. After all, the loss wore them down pretty severely - and he could have spared them the worry. Yet, I do understand his need to figure things out on his own.
MeShelly chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Bittersweet, especially when they finally meet face-to-face.

I like that Dean's a hunter through and through, and can (to some extent) override the vampire changes (I was always amazed at how quickly that girl became loyal to Kate).

I also liked the messages spaced between the text, since it helps with developing a sense of passing-time.

Thanks for sharing. Any possible sequels? :P

~Michelle
Rusalka chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
I really liked the idea of the story, and the story itself was good, but it moved too quick, i wish it had been longer.
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Wow.

Great story. I love how you had John react.
burnmedown chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
I love the thought that even as a vampire, Dean would still be taking care of John and Sam. You've shown so clearly that nothing can move him from his path as a protector.
Loki19 chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
That completely blew me away. Amazing, and very bittersweet. Por Dean! This is one of the best One-Shots I've ever ready. Seriously.
MelanieKS chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Every time I thought of vampire!Dean... this is exactly how I envisioned him to become. You did a wonderful job on description, emotion and keeping the characters IC. The ending really made me sad, though I knew Dean would never abandon his family all together. It's still bittersweet. :)

Thanks for sharing!
Marvin is my Muse chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
Ah! I read this story a while ago and I'm sorry that I didn't review then, don't know why. I have to say, your story is so sad! I love the idea that Dean would still be a hunter even though he was a vampire but Sammy! and John! It's so sad! Your writing is amazing! I really loved this sentence in particular,

"Dean circled the other vampire, the knives glistening with hot blood. Underneath Dean’s feet, the gravel crunched, and his long coat snapped in the cool breeze. "

Your imagery is so vivid, I could completely picture this scene, Dean in his coat (awesome touch by the way) circling this vamp with killing as his intent, it was perfect, not to many words, but so image-provoking and believeable! Well done!

-Marvin
1967Impala chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
aww, that is something dean would do, vampire, werewolf, human, whatever form he would be in he would always look out for john and sammy. great job
Hazgarn chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
This was absolutely wonderful. Exactly the kind of story I came on this site to find. It was sad and horrible and beautiful.