Reviews for Through a Mirror, Darkly
Great story!
AnaBookWorm chapter 15 . 1/16
Loved the story!
AnnaKatarin chapter 20 . 12/24/2016
Oh, I liked it so much. Thank you for thoughtful and mature Christine. It is one of the best stories I've ever read.
Child of Dreams chapter 20 . 7/24/2016
(huffs)
Phantom blasphemy.
Maiia chapter 20 . 7/13/2016
Oh? I really liked it. Thanks a lot for mature Christine, usually authors just make her a silly little girl, but you managed to make a very interesting character.
tigersmeleth chapter 16 . 6/23/2016
Nice job! I did like this more analytical Christine.
Lucyole chapter 16 . 4/17/2016
i hate it when a story end sure you can read it more often but every time it is the end you again get melancholy and sad .
your story was or is truly beautiful and i love your not so naive and dumb christine and of yourse how she treated raoul, I don't like him very much and would have pushed him in the movie over the rooftop to be honest but you dialed with him in a good way it was sad that they couldn't have children but alright they were happy your story really moved me and I'm happy that i read it.
Riene chapter 16 . 3/27/2016
I will have to come back and review this properly one of these days. Suffice it to say that I simply had to read it all in one sitting. Thank you for a happy ending-I do so love good E/C fluff. Poor Raoul. I'm glad you let him end up with a pleasant countess. He's never committed any sin aside from loving a woman who wanted someone else. Nice to see Nadir Khan show up; you've written him very well.

All in all, kudos, bravo, excellente, my sincerest compliments. I am so glad to have run across your stories here.
Riene chapter 11 . 3/27/2016
Getting interesting...

The description of his music at the organ is utterly perfect.

Oh, my poor Erik, what did they do to you?
Riene chapter 9 . 3/27/2016
Oh, I am loving this so far. I shouldn't be giving you the first review at Chp 9, but I've been racing through the reading.

Do you have the Hildebrandt Leroux book? Your Erik and Christine, Madame G and Mama V feel very like them.

Loved the analogy with the Indian tales book, and the black and silver mask. The descriptions of Carlotta and Piangi are sublime.

Onwards...
Sarah Crawford chapter 20 . 9/17/2015
It’s been a long time since I last read this story, and I was happy to see a few new chapters, even with the sketchiness near the end. I love your mature, thoughtful Christine in this story. My favorite Christines always have a brain and a backbone, so I really like this one. I also really enjoyed the plot of her riddling out the mystery of the Voice and the Phantom. “Tales and Ledgends” was a lovely addition as well. Although I do think a more mature Christine would find Leroux!Raoul a bit childish and perhaps annoying, I feel the plot could have been strengthened had she had at least some conflicting emotions in choosing between the two suiters rather than dismissing Raoul at once. Along those lines, it almost seems that Raoul is made out to be the bad guy in this story, although I liked him coming down with the Persian to try to save Christine and her insistence that she didn’t need saving. The pace of Erik and Christine’s relationship is a bit fast for my taste, but I enjoyed it none-the-less. Your writing style is lovely and you’ve included many nice details. I also love how much a part of the last few chapters Nadir is, since he’s one of my favorite characters. The little tidbits at the end are lovely. Guess I’ll add this story to alerts in case you ever do finish putting all the pieces together. Writing-wise, I’m in a similar dilemma, struggling to finish a story I began with a friend 10 years ago. I definitely look forward to reading more of your stories when you have time to write them.
thatssupersketch chapter 8 . 6/7/2015
where did he come from, where did he go? where did he come from, cotton eye joe? (couldn't resist)
ghostwritten2 chapter 20 . 5/9/2015
Finally got around to reading this lovely fic after having seen it recced for many years. It was delightful. So very sad and moving at the end, but the characters were well-written and well-realized throughout, and I do so love a mature Christine who knows her own mind! Thank you for writing this.
oleald chapter 20 . 2/19/2015
This is such a great fanfic! I actually stayed up until 4am yesterday in order to finish it, and now I'm really tired. It's all your fault ;D
Wynni chapter 3 . 11/7/2014
I really enjoy a more intelligent Christine. Thank you.