Reviews for the Secret of Slytherin
GuLaLi561 chapter 52 . 1/23
What a plot... at some point I always thought some of the characters were end up as a pair no matter you insisted it wouldn’t happen.
The affection borderline more than friendships. But the most plot twist probably the Draco who managed to fool everyone...
Broke my heart a bit but thank goodness it end up happily ending.
Great and mesmerizing storyline.
Mindmaze chapter 33 . 11/4/2017
This...this should be cannon This is the Dumbledore we deserved. Not evil like a surprisingly large amount of fannon likes to make him, not saintly like the rest do but his mixture of a determined commander whose already fought two wars and wants to prevent a third. Just wow, and your snape, yes! Even after the reveal of his true nature in the later books I never liked him, it redeemed him in others eyes but I just couldn't, and I didn't get why Harry would name a kid after him but your snape...your snape I see it. The clouds have drifted and the sun is shining brightly. Yes this is what we deserved not totally au and maybe not all your fic but this scene right here if it were in the book. Yes. Thank you for this.
Mindmaze chapter 7 . 11/4/2017
Ah yes Harry tries to control Draco so that means Draco gets to control Harry, well in that case suppose Harry gets to beat Draco into the ground, maybe pull a few finger nails out after all he used crucio...I'm sorry -but this a pile of dung. I mean I tried, I really tried to like this put at this point I don't even get where you plot is going. At first I thought you were focusing on uniting the houses and maybe have a responsible harry lead the way after all you made him have a position of responsibility but then you go and spit on that by making Harry not only irresponsible but down right stupid. That whole unforgivable scene was just, no. I could not see that happening and if it did happen why wasn't draco called on what he was doing, why wasn't the match called early. No because as usual it's pick on Harry, only Harry can do wrong and be meek and submissive. To me crucio is far worse offence in this scenario and yet Harry is the one made to to be the bad one. Yes he is wrong but he was only responding like you said no one made Draco do it why is he getting off on it?

Plus the real reason I'm angry is you all but said something is wrong with Harry's mind, he has a mental condition which is why he acted so oc and used an unforgivable but then you punished him for it. If it is a mental condition is is beyond his control, I don't know the idea of punishing someone for a mental illness is just...so wrong. If your going that route of they need punished then both Harry and Draco should be expelled and in azkaban or Harry should be in hospital, he certainly shouldn't be humiliated this way. I'm sorry but your story has become not just outrageously (I don't buy this would happen) but also uncomfortable to read.

So yeah, I'm not sure what you were thinking when you wrote it but I would love to know your thought process. Never the less I suppose again it is a differing opinion but my reaction to this chapter was a lot more extreme and I will have to call it quits. If I am at fault through a false interpretation and you weren't basically belittling mental illnesses then I apologize but that's what it seemed to me which on top of doormat Harry and the general unfairness around him which bothers my inner justice warrior I just...no. Your writing is good but just no on this story.
Mindmaze chapter 4 . 11/4/2017
I want to like this and I do like the self destructing sorting hat but my head can not get around making Harry a professor. First of all putting all that pressure on Harry with out discussing it with him first, maybe it's because I study psychology but there is so much wrong with that alone that I can't even begin to express my horror at the notion. I mean who knows how he'll be treated because of this, good or bad things will change because he won't be able to be perceived as peer. Secondly teaching is a full time occupation, even filling in he would have to now lesson plans, home/class work marking ect, keep track of kids progress, it would effect Harry's own education/life. Thirdly child labor anyone? Taking advantage of a student this way even in the hp universe doesn't seem like it would be allowed legally or otherwise. The whole society is based on adults knowing better, it's written well I'm just struggling to keep my suspension of disbelief. Thirdly If I was Harry I would be flipping out, no prior notice or anything. You may be able to remedy this in the next few chapters but at this point I'm a bit 50/50. That said I do like how you write Harry, it sounds like him if that makes sense, it doesn't sound ooc.

However I really don't just want to leave a criticism because the hat thing, it is genius and I thought it's swan song very creative. So overall what I think, it's an interesting premise, you really grasp the characters however the one point about professor Harry just didn't work for me which considering that is solely opinion and not a reflection of your writing itself I think overall you should consider this well done.
Ro-Bear77 chapter 52 . 8/31/2017
Hey! Thank you for this. It was the anti-house-prejudice pro-Slytherin fic I dreamed of finding. How you managed to bring Harry, Ron, Hermione, and even Dudley back to life even more believable as 16 year olds, yet still our favorites! How you brought in our 3 favourite enigmas, in order Snape, Lupin and Dumbledore, giving them a redemption I wish JKR could have found. And Draco, you are right that he could have benefited from Harry & friends, and may have naturally if the sorting wasn't so bloody final! Anyway, I loved this homage to the Wizarding World. Best of luck with future writing.
thetruesnorkack chapter 52 . 8/23/2017
So, I obviously came to the party a little late here, given how long ago this fic was published. But I thought I'd post a review anyway. It's taken me three obsessive re-reads of the story until I felt able to write a coherent review that didn't consist entirely of exclamation marks. This. Is. Awesome.

I particularly loved the relationships between Harry/Draco, Draco/Ron, Snape/Lupin (which I guess we're supposed to). These friendships (frenemy-ships?) would have been impossible in canon, but they work extremely well in context, and they give Draco and Snape a humanity which I think was largely lacking in many of the earlier Harry Potter books. In SoS, Draco is so incredibly villain-esque for much of the story, but he has *emotions* that aren't hatred and vulnerabilities that fit so very well with his background. As for Snape-I was initially a little thrown by his abrupt behaviour reversals in this story, but it was well-done and fully explained by the end of the story. It's interesting to read this after the final books have come out. Some character quirks, particularly the obsessive nature of Snape's relationships, are almost flawlessly anticipated.

Who I loved most, however, was Ron. I absolutely agree with the author: what happened to the Ron we loved so much in the first book?! SoS Ron is flawed, yes, but he displays the qualities which I think are very much needed in the best friend of a trouble-magnet like Harry. I can't wait to see what he gets up to in the sequel.

The only thing I wasn't quite comfortable with was the extremely fast progression of events within the story. To me, Draco and Harry's relationship in particular is one that would take a good long time to mature to the point it reached in SoS. The explanation of Imperius etc. made sense, plot-wise, but left me feeling a little dizzied by the abrupt turn-about.

That being said, that's literally my only complaint about this story. It's beautiful. I'm almost afraid to begin the sequel for fear I won't emerge again for weeks.
korohoshi chapter 52 . 8/2/2017
This story is mother bloody fucking brilliant. I dont read much stories without pairing or slashes but god be damned all hail Kirinin, the mist ninja? Tricky tricky
Guest chapter 17 . 6/22/2017
Yay! I'm so very glad when characters actually have (semi) civil conversations with each other, particularly Remus and Severus, both of whom I admire.
I really am enjoying your story so far and look forward to more. Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 8 . 6/22/2017
I've really enjoyed your story so far and am interested to see where it leads. Thanks for sharing!
muumi2three chapter 44 . 5/23/2017
The stag leaping through Harry's scar is a very powerful image.
muumi2three chapter 31 . 5/23/2017
"Malfoy! Your mother!" That's hilarious.
cimmer chapter 52 . 5/13/2017
Excellent story, wonderful characterization and suspenseful. Great use of Ron and Hermione and Ginny. Loved the OC's and the joined houses and I like the idea of Lupin and Snape being friends. Those two could cause a lot of trouble. Also, clear use of manipulative Dumbledore. Thanks
Guest chapter 4 . 5/5/2017
i don't know. this is the fifth time i read this story, and the first time in two years. your quality of writing is noticeably lower in the first few chapters, but by chapter 4... the language, the themes, the conversation draws me in again. i love how subtly the hypocrisy of humankind is pointed out. people act like showing preferential treatment to people similar to them and showing distaste towards people different from them is an evil, such as in the case of racism and classism. yet subconsciously or otherwise, this kind of like-minded seeking behavior is present in everyone. a wealthy person would be criticised by the less wealthy if they preferentially associate with other wealthy people. yet, the less wealthy themselves shun them and prefer to associate with people from a similar socioeconomic class, sometimes calling the rich people derogatives such as snob. and it was actually one of the best possible times to eschew the sorting: slytherin was essentially the recruiting ground for death eaters. because of the bad rep slytherin got from lord voldemort, a lot of good, clever children who gets a choice would refuse to go to slytherin. in the end, the only children willing to enter slytherin would be voldemort supporters anyway. you're a genius for pointing that out! and SOS really handles the intricacies and nuances of human nature really well, i love how you got your ideas through via a conversation with hermione. it was insightful, but not didactic or rambly. seriously. you're the best.
SaiyaCat chapter 2 . 4/13/2017
Squib?
MrsH chapter 52 . 3/18/2017
Thank you for sharing your fabulous story. I enjoyed it very much.
1,842 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »