Reviews for the Secret of Slytherin
Howl chapter 15 . 6/7/2006
*Walks into a worn looking room with a water stain dripping down a damp side, light dull overhead with the buzz.* I've been busy, *yawns, lazily* You see, I was whisked off to another world, where I had to fight a severe sword fight, survive a stabwound, and pretend that a very cold man is my father. *stretches, nonchalantly* And then I was thrown back into time, where my father lives-but he hates me-I have an iron leg, I'm sold as a slave-for the cost of an ale and beef-and I've also been stabbed there, on top of that, I have to accompany a sarcastic man to Lord Hale's to steal away other knights that were taken by the very man that threw me back into time and stabbed me, intent to kill. *studies nail, eased* Then I was taken into the impossible, where I listened to a boring speech made by an intelligent drunk, haunted by a horrid figure, meant with the impossible, freed a villain, met myself, got held up by a hitman, was chained to a wall, and then saved by the villain-who I reckon I'm going to join- *glances up* And then I was whisked into the HP world, you see. Where I didn't talk, I was taken to Voldemort, who wanted information, I refused to give it to him, because I don't like talking ever, and he broke my ribs one by one, and then Snape saved me, now, in return, I give him sack lunches for dinner because he never hangs about for Molly's cooking, and I'm soon to return to Hogwarts...*tuts tongue* and you expected me to review.

Ghastly.

Heh. Sorry, really, but I got tied up in my own world and mind. Which is a dangerous place to be at times. (Just so you understand the HP reference, I make up storylines in my head with an OC before I go to sleep to keep myself entertained and to manipulate other people's creations.)

Anyway, brilliant. Draco's flat-out clever and mean. I must admit. He's got a certain flair to him that you wouldn't EVER trust you life to, but hell, I've have some tea with him. Snape, well, Snape's a strange man. All around. That's why I love him so much, honestly. He's the sort of man you'd trust with you life, not blindly, but inevitably, but at the same time, you want to take your life, dive behind a trashcan, and quiver protectively. (I like that sort of character, a lot) :p Harry, well, Harry's got some growing up to do, but he'd made a superb reading buddy *wink, wink*

Your theory, on the innate magic, I love it. I've always wondered about it. How else do you get muggle-borns? It just doesn't make sense that one person in a large family will have some mutant gene that's never been apparent before. It has to grow, begin to form in other blood relatives, such as squibs or lower or higher, and then BAM you've a muggle-born. That's what I always thought. Magic's in everyone, (to be sappy-kidding, I ain't a Hallmark Card, nor are you), but its memiscal in muggles, or the majority of the people. *shrug* Also, wizards manipulating muggle sciences-well, I've always thought that.

As the most common reference, Potions and Chemistry. But I've always noticed over similiarities. Runes-Cryptology, right? Basic codes and descriptions, right (Harry Potter-Da Vinci Style, haha, sorry, A.D.D. moment) This is gonna sound weird, but I've always seen Transfiguration as Physics, as well as Charms, but in a more enchanced form. And, this is stupid, Satefy and First Aid as DADA, but not completely, also, now you're gonna blink in surprise at this one, I'm sure, but DADA as a bit like Altetics. I know, weird, but DADA is all about defense, offense, and being the best, the fastest, the sharpest, the cleverest, etc. All the stuff SPORTS are made of.

I mean, the Magic World - to me - is the Muggle World enchanced. And at the same time, the Magic World is ancient compared to the technology that Muggles have invented to make up for their lack of strong magic. Hagrid was right in Sorcerer's Stone-it's amazing how they compensate.

What I wonder, truly, however is that while Harry's starting to recognize the similarities of Muggles and Wizards in survival, roots, etc, will he notice the similiarties in them as people. Voldemort seems to overlook that, but he wants power, he wants to-in a sick sense-free the Wizarding World from its limits. (Which I almost agree with-like I said before, Wizards are Gods among Ants, and yet they hide) In the end, Voldemort's the 'bad guy' but what he wants, its almost to free people (though he's hypocritical in condeming people too) like a savior would do.

So, when it comes down to it. Everyone's the same, its just how one sees it. Prespective (which is a bitch) And if Harry can realize that most people all operate on the same level of survival, rather they be muggle or wizard, well, there's definitely something to it.

I mean, not all people are good, but not all people are bad. (Notice my lack of evil there) Look at Draco. He's vile, he's mean, he's clever, and he'll make an extremely good Death Eater-always would. He's human though, which is apparent in some of the ways he treats Harry as a slave, but at the same time, he's utterly cruel. Having Harry turn on his friends, having the boy say everything he instinctively feared of them, I mean, that's the biggest test of loyalty of all. Which brings everything full-tilt. Draco was a bastard in ordering that, honestly. But...in the end, won't Harry discover some truth to them? If they fight him on his accusations, then he knows they're really his friends, not for his fame, but if they don't, if they give in-doesn't that say something? I mean, Draco's doing him a sutble favor here...

"There's a cunning side to me, but will I ever get to see the ending to my story" (Hoobastank, Crawling in the Dark) That's basically the quote of Harry's life-he just has to come to realize that he CAN be cunning, as if did with Ron and Hermione and his 'betraying rant' at them in the pervious chapter, but at this rate, will he ever get to an end? He tries all this, but he's always tied down to something else, something here or there, and doesn't know his life. He wants an end, clearly, in his telling of Severus of his researching for his future after Voldemort-which also says he's not thinking he's going to die any time soon-but, in a way, can he ever reach it?

Everyone, well not everyone, thinks that Harry's going to die, and you know that theory? You become a ghost if you've unfinished business. If Harry was to die against Voldemort, in this stage of his life, and that theory was true, then he would be a ghost afterward. He's got so much potiental, so much to do, and he's achieved so little because he's been bogged by something else.

Your Harry, which is very canon, makes me think that he's finally realizing there's another end then Voldemort, but he has to find it. And at this rate...he never will. I mean, how can you, when your shoved into darkness with all of it.

The Obscura-he, well, he's been doing it to everything in his life, and from the description in the last chapter, its definitely darkness. And if you can't feel, you can't feel the need to find an ending, etc. You see where that's going. What's amazing, in the fact that he's growing to realize the 'end' thing, is that you see this through his urge to escape the Obscura. Most, in his situation, would've just given up already and settled to a life of uncaring. Its easier to die that way, and lets admit, Harry's got a good probabilty of dying.

Harry's got a lot to live for, rather he realizes it or not is hard to to tell, but he's got a lot riding for him in growing to realize things about survival. Self-presevation is dandy, but it ain't handy when you don't know what you up against.

Ooh, and by the way, I can't wait until Voldemort comes into the picture. I'd love to see how that out all plays out.

And, just for the hell of it, my list of people I'd have Tea with:

Tom M. Riddle, aka Lord Voldemort

Severus Snape, aka Potions Master

Count of Monte Cristo, aka Edmund Dantes

Grendel, aka Monster?

Mercutio, aka first death in Romeo and Juliet *eh*

The Grim Reaper, aka Death

Captain Silever and Jim Hawkins

Ian McKellen (can't help it)

Mr. Darcy, most definitely.

Sherlock Holmes, if he's not too arrogant

Mordred, aka King Arthur's Murderer and Son

You...on Harry Potter or on any of the aforemention characters (one person)
parseltonge girl chapter 15 . 6/7/2006
U NEED TO MAKE THE REST OF THE CHAPTERS PLESE!
parseltonge girl chapter 14 . 6/7/2006
but uh not FAIR I WANT TO KILL DRACO HES SUCH AN IDIOT
parseltonge girl chapter 13 . 6/7/2006
thats not fair draco doesn't even know what happens at harrys.
parseltonge girl chapter 11 . 6/7/2006
i like it so much i hope u make more stories like when adn if harry as a sister.
Iva1201 chapter 15 . 6/7/2006
Found this now and really liked it - so I REALLY hope you will update again very, VERY soon! (-:

However - two comments I find quite important - according to the information JKR gave to us, Snape was born on 9th January 1960 so the paper should have been from approximately mid of the 70s. And you can't also apparate in Hogwarts, remember? (Hermione and The History of Hogwarts (-:) So if Harry have suggested the apparating to the potions classroom, I am almost sure Snape would tell him: It's not possible, you dunderhead! (O.K., somehow else but the sense would be the same.)

But all in all very good. Like the idea. (-:
Jenn the Freak chapter 15 . 6/6/2006
Woah. You just about extinguished every single little spark of joy or hope Harry ever hoped to have...but of all people to put it back in his life...Snape? How perfect! I don't really know how much joy it will give him, but having a future in something you have pasion about!

It not only gives him something to fight for/look forward to, but it gives him something to do on those long lonely nights when he should be talking to Ron and Hermione. (I know you're gonna put that off, you evil little writer, you.)

I would review more, but I had a really interesting day, involving a party...that I still need clean up. My friends are messy creatures. And sleep would be nice, too... I want Harry to have a party. I feel bad. It's like I wanna grab his cheeks and force them up into a smile. May I? P Update asap! (as usual)
athelas chapter 15 . 6/6/2006
this made me squeal!

i love the relationship developing between harry and snape! you've got both of them perfectly in character too! yay!

im curious about the revelo... shouldnt harry be having some sort of emotional upheaval now... what will he care about again now that he's un-obscured part of him. and im VERY proud of harry's maturation- caring about something *after* voldy, and something actually meaningful at that. also going to snape was UBER responsible, and made me all warm and fuzzy inside. how did he find the room though?
Silverthreads chapter 15 . 6/6/2006
Mostly this is a good chapter. The only bothersome thing is that according to canon Snape would have been 9 or 10 years old when he wrote that paper, if, as you say, it was written in 1969.

;)
fahzzyquill chapter 15 . 6/6/2006
this is so good. some how i ouldn't help but wonder. update soon. this story is incredible.
rayama chapter 15 . 6/6/2006
I still want harry to blow a gasket or SOMETHING. I mean, shit, Snape's the ONLY thing in his life that remotely resembles a support system. His punishment is cruel and ridiculous, and would never have happened if he had parents or a family to stick up for him. And Lupin's still a bastard.

If your fic wasn't so great, I wouldn't get this worked up about it.
sunsethill chapter 15 . 6/6/2006
What an excellent chapter. It doesn't flag a bit, but just keeps moving from great scene to great scene. Harry and his predicament just keeps getting more interesting. Now he can find Snape on his own, huh?

Snape's paper topic-wow! You have come up with several unique elements which allow Harry and Snape to come to greater understanding. How long do we have to wait for the next chapter?
logger chapter 15 . 6/6/2006
WOW - very informative chapter. I'm no good with theories, so I won't try. I love the direction this story has taken!
pansy318 chapter 14 . 6/2/2006
Great story!
Potter Abducted by Penguins chapter 5 . 5/31/2006
Harry is NOT a muggle-born, His father was a pureblood and his mother is a muggle-born. He was muggle-raised.
1,928 | « Prev Page 1 .. 111 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 .. Last Next »