Reviews for the Secret of Slytherin
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 5/3/2006
Fascinating how Harry sorts Ewan back into Gryffindor as soon as he starts liking the kid. Ewan is very, very observant, though.

Interesting about Harry's grade-I wonder who was having fun here? I'm glad Snape was impressed by Potter actually working in Potions (for a change-let's face, till he had a cheat sheet him and Ron were running neck and neck with Crabbe and Goyle).

Looking forward to more chapters!
riduculouslyriddikulus chapter 5 . 5/3/2006
yay! great story! please keep on writing!
riduculouslyriddikulus chapter 4 . 5/3/2006
Wow...this is a really great story! I loved the sorting houses's song (great job!) and its advice given to the students/ staff of hogwarts. I totally agree with Hermione, even though I can sort of empathize with Ron, him being part of a sort of biased, pureblood family. I've always wanted to find a fic that questioned the houses and what they really did to the students and their future...and I found yours! BRILLIANT fic! I really love you philosphy and everything! keep on writing! please post soon!
Night chapter 5 . 5/3/2006
I am very interested in where you are going with this story. Quite a jump from writing Ranma isn't it? Well, your writing style is very good and definitely portrays each character well. I like how Snape is in this chapter. Keep up the great work and don't abandon this story. The two chapters per week is a good approach so that you don't burn yourself out and get tired of the story. Can't wait till the next chapter!

Through Shadows and Moonlight,
Masked Pineapple chapter 5 . 5/3/2006
Awesome story so far, you've got me hooked, update soon plz!
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 5/2/2006
Heh. Here's hoping Harry will teach the Slytherins in DADA, too-after, nobody wanted Slytherins in the DA, probably still don't. Will Harry be fair? Or will he listen to Ron more than he does Hermione? Inquiring minds want to know.

At this point, I think Dumbledore will adapt by considering _everyone_ in the Unsorted House as misplaced Gryffindors, which will be an improvement. Unfortunately, this will probably lead to comments along the lines "At least they're not ugh, Slytherins, so they can't be THAT bad..." The Unsorted House will be used by some to reinforce the prejudice against Slytherins instead of drawing the correct conclusions.

Good story so far!
Howl chapter 4 . 5/2/2006
This is an amazingly intriguing story. Very well written, extremely alluring with all that it questions that are raised, all the things that happened. Amazing. The idea of no child being sorted and that of mis-sorting, along with titles of characteristics, it's amazing. Truly. The system really is set up like that.

Snape's look of shock is very intriguing (I use that word a lot, don't I?) I can't wait to see where that goes. Ron's reaction was beautiful, as was Hermione. (To the sorting) You captured them wonderfully, Harry too-his inner thought of the Slytherin Perfect speaking to that young boy, his antagonism toward it, but yet, his contradicting thoughts when Hermione spoke-or muses, maybe looks, about how she should be right.

A good revelation to Harry is that Muggles aren't all that different than Wizards-and that Ron can be scarily like Dudley and Vernon when need comes to it (or decidedly Slytherin)

Your title is fasicnating. I can't wait to see why you called it that. Mind, if this was don't on purpose, than just overlook me on this fault, but could you captialize that 'The' in the title. Bothers me. Wonder what you mean by the Secret of Slytherin-that's alluring. That and your summary got me into your story. Sorry that I didn't review before. I tend to wait until I'm completely awed (which was last chapter) and not busy or suffering a bout of A.D.D

Dudley was amazing, by the way. His innate fear of being a wizard because of the enivornment he'd grown up, yet he was decidedly Slytherin and Gryffindor in finding out rather it was true or not. All and all, the fact comes down the fact that he didn't want it because of his parents, but at the same time, not everyone can refuse that lustre of magic.

Must go, or I'd go farther-unless I'm going badly here with my words...heh, ta-ta, bang-bang
hermron chapter 4 . 5/2/2006
Good chapter. It's true that we all tend to prejudge people, so, in that respect, the Sorting Hat has done a good thing. Doubt that Ron will ever see it because he's rather thick.
Ija Ijevna chapter 4 . 5/2/2006
How Hitchcock used to say? "Start with the earthquake, and then let the tension grow." ;-)

Well, you have me officially interested. I truly don't care if it will be a romance, slash or anything else - but I'm really fascinated with the idea.

Waiting for update - Ija

/Sorry for my English; it's not my first language./
victor12806 chapter 3 . 5/2/2006
Great story - look forward to the update.
visitor-2-earth chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
What is going on? Why did Dudly show signs of magic? Why didn't Harry get the summer assignments? Will he be able to hold his own with Snape? Why is the sorting hat gone? What will be done with the new first years? Will anyone move to the house they 'should' of been in? Will this be a HarryxGinny or just a genral fic. with no real pairings? And how often will there be updates? All of these questions because I'm really enjoying this story and I look forward to the next chapater. _
Ija Ijevna chapter 3 . 4/30/2006
I really like your idea - that nothing is obvious and clearly defined and that the boundaries between so called opposites are not so clear. It's much more interesting than the black-and-white description we get in the canonical HP universe.

Continue, please.
duj chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
1) I wonder when or if it will ever occur to him that his class marks in potions in the OWL year were entirely irrelevant, serving only as incentive to lift his game. The OWL mark is the only one that counts.

2) How does Harry expect to prove that Potions is a derivative of Muggle biology/naturopathy when Potions uses so many non-plant ingredients, including things like Ashwinder eggs and billywig stings that Muggles can't even detect, let alone use.
hermron chapter 3 . 4/27/2006
Great story so far - other than the few corrections reviewers have already mentioned re locations. I love the idea of exploring Dudders in more depth and of Harry finally getting one up on Snape.

Interesting where the year will go with no Sorting Hat. Can't wait for updates!
cole chapter 3 . 4/26/2006
u have a good story so far but u have u facts wrong. The Leaky Cauldron isn't in Hogsmeade, it's in London
1,926 | « Prev Page 1 .. 118 125 126 127 128 129 Next »