Reviews for the Secret of Slytherin
Love2read23 chapter 45 . 11/19/2019
I really liked this scene with Harry, Ron, and Hermione really friending (befriend sounded like they were just becoming friends maybe refriending?) Draco.
Concerning Marauder Redux would Draco be Sirius? Are we replacing Peter with Lily and would Hermione be Lily or is one of the supposed to be Peter and if so which one? Hermione is sometimes correlated with Remus but she's too outspoken and haranguing of Harry and Ron to be the silent, studious one of the Marauder take 2.
Great chapter. Very much fluff. Which I adore.
Love2read23 chapter 44 . 11/19/2019
Oh my gosh!
Wow.
I forgot we still don't know what led Harry to spend most the summer at Hogwarts and with Snape and what he did all summer.
This is a crazy reveal. I love the image of the Patronus jumping into the scar.
I liked that Harry yelled at Draco's dark mark last chapter. I always love fics where Harry can remove either Snape's or Draco's dark mark.
Thank you for writing. I can't believe I didn't know you're on AO3.
I usually check because I download fics to listen to on an app on my phone. On Ao3 it'll download the whole thing. Fanfic I have to do it chapter by chapter and we're almost done and I've downloaded the rest all ready but it's so tedious and much work. Ugh. Thank you for also posting on A03. I'll probably read Geas on AO3 (though I'm confused if it's a sequel. It doesn't say it is but I read the first paragraph and it seems like it is).
Love2read23 chapter 42 . 11/19/2019
I LOVE Ron in this chapter! I really love how he's loyal even to Draco now that Draco has become a part of their wider friend group. I love that Ron is using his brain and sees things that moody Harry is ignoring.
Love2read23 chapter 30 . 11/18/2019
I'm kind of upset Ginny had his robes tossed. I'm sure she could have had them in her bag or maybe she could have had the store ship them to Hogwarts (many fics give Hogwarts a muggle address for muggleborns' families to send things to). I loved Draco shopping in London for Muggle clothes but I'd be horrified and pissed if someone threw away my clothes.
PollyWantCookie chapter 52 . 11/17/2019
I loved this fic - I particularly loved the humour in it, kept laughing to myself. While your Harry was not JKR's Harry, like you said yourself, I think he was really quite close to the essence of the character. I think your Ron worked terrifically well, and I honestly think he is most frequently mischaracterised in fandom - I suppose it's the difference between those who look to the movies, and those who have re-read the series five times or more.
Considering the story predates Deathly Hallows, Draco's arc in this story, taking the mark for his family and then finding that he really isn't Death Eater material after all, is not that far off from Rowling had him turn out, which is really neat.
Obscuro occlumency and Slytherin's secret - very clever plot! But I think in some way I feel like Harry after reading Snape's paper - there are some ideas that have not been explored to the fullest. But I suppose that's what the sequel is for...
Love2read23 chapter 21 . 11/16/2019
I'm surprised that Harry didn't also tell Draco that he begged not to be in Slytherin because he didn't want to room with Draco and because he'd been told Slytherins are evil.
Love2read23 chapter 12 . 11/15/2019
I don't understand what's going on with the time here. His occulmency lesson with Snape was to be on Saturday and the meeting with Lupin next week and his enslavement to Draco was only supposed to last a week but he had is meeting with Snape then class the next day instead of Sunday and now meeting with Lupin. Plus the mention of Draco not being there to order him around nor has Draco returned his cloak. I was supremely discomfited with Draco demanding his cloak.
Love2read23 chapter 3 . 11/15/2019
What?! Wow. That was awesome! So exciting.
Love2read23 chapter 2 . 11/15/2019
Wow. That's a surprise and a plot twist. I guess that means Dudley's a squib.
Love2read23 chapter 1 . 11/15/2019
The summary was vague and not that intriguing but I'm glad I opened this. I like the start. Hermione's letter said she'll see Harry in Hogsmeade but I assume she means Diagon Alley though if he's stuck at the Dursleys maybe she means Kings Cross as they may not even be able to see each other before the trains.
Guest chapter 15 . 10/24/2019
As an academic, I LOVED this chapter!
Guest chapter 3 . 10/24/2019
Holy Merlin's beard!
Guest chapter 2 . 10/24/2019
Aaaaaah I love your story!?
Ghost in the Machine13 chapter 11 . 9/22/2019
Oxygen is not flammable. If it were, world would be a burning hell.
Gossd15 chapter 43 . 9/20/2019
I have read several fanfics, and I have to agree that this version of Ron, the quintessential Hufflepuff, is by far the most human and believable. Most just have him the same way he is portrayed in the Canon; brave but daft with a smattering of Slytherin bashing in the mix. If not that they go on the opposite end of the spectrum and portray him as a Machiavellian opportunist, that would impress Salazar himself with his machinations, only out to befriend Harry for profit.
1,925 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »