Reviews for YuGiOh!: Future History
Sass-Bot chapter 16 . 8/24/2013
Hiya :D I haven't finished reading this just yet, but I had to give feedback because it's one of my favourite OC only fanfics on this site. It's really well written and compelling with really interesting characters. And though pacing is often a moot point among authors, I felt like your pacing was just right, at least for me. Not too fast and not too slow.
Tbh I was surprised when it didn’t have more reviews because it is really good and I can tell it took time and effort to get done. I know how hard it is to write duels and keep them from being too easy or against the rules. So props to you for writing believable duels that don't make your characters seem overpowered, especially since you stuck to traditional cards rather than all those synchros and xyz cards with their fancy effects (they confuse me so much :S)
Sarge Ray chapter 2 . 11/29/2009
Hm...

May I just point out at how old-school these cards are? Sure, they're nostalgic, but the more recent ones have the effects and make dueling interesting.

I prefer the advanced format where there are cards you either can't wield or are limited to either one or two.
Amor chapter 26 . 8/8/2006
I really like this fanfiction, and I think it's the best dueling fic I've read. It starts off a bit slow, and some of the secondary characters aren't developed enough (Jamie and Janet, for instance), but those are the only flaws I could think of. The main characters are well-developed and believable without being rehashes of the originals, the plot is as thick as it needs to be, and the dueling is well-paced and cinematic but still believable. Overall, it strikes a good balance between the supernatural and the realistic. Good job.
GrungDgoaT chapter 23 . 7/14/2006
Nice. Very Nice. This Red Eye vs. Blue Eye duel has probably become my favorite of this series.

I got to see why Vega considers himself the King of Games, and even though he lost, Knowledge duel fucking brilliantly. And he never spent the whole duel bitching about his situation with Janet. (Damn Joey Wheeler)

Anyway, I'm about to read the Terry vs Jamie duel.

Bring on the noise...
GrungDgoaT chapter 21 . 7/11/2006
Awesome!

The Re’-Sha/Janet Shadow Duel is probably my favorite duel of this series so far. The fact that they had similar deck designs was also pretty cool. The stipulation for the loser rocked, and Janet literally kicking Knowledge’s ass kicked ass, no pun.

The introduction of Kwandao, Re’-Sha’s host, was also kicked ass. Maybe there will be a chance of romance between Terry and Kwandao.

I’m about to read the Vega/Knowledge duel, which promises to be intense. Can’t wait to see why Vega is the King of Games
GrungDgoaT chapter 18 . 7/6/2006
Woah, what can I say?

Let's see...

The Duels:

We finally got to see Knowledge duel, which was pretty cool, and against the girl of his dreams no less

The double team of Knowledge and Jamie was also kick ass, nice duel

Terry took on three wielders of the Millenium Items in some of pretty cool duels as well

Now that the first round of Battle City is over, the duels are sure to heat up even more

Kinda sucks that Lamar never got to duel, but since he's in the final 6 duelists, I can't wait for his duel. Nice to see him meet Terry again, and Terry doesn't even know they dueled before

Anyway, I'm about to read chapter 19, the start of the finals

Catch you in a few more episodes
GrungDgoaT chapter 7 . 7/2/2006
Woah, way to make Shadi show up and explain what the deal is with Re'-Sha and Future History. Also nice that Terry gets his own Millenium Puzzle.

Lamar Vega and the new Battle City tournament I can't wait to see what the deal is, but good work so far
GrungDgoaT chapter 5 . 7/1/2006
Just finished reading the Terry/Re'-Sha duel and I must say I'm impressed with the story so far. I'm digging the characters of Terry and Re'-Sha, and

Just one question: are any female characters going to be joining the dudes, or is it just going to be Terry, Knowledge, and Jaime?

Can't wait to see what Re'-Sha's deal with Terry and Future History is.

Laters
VyseLegend chapter 15 . 6/7/2006
I truly enjoy this story. I like Knowledge's style of play. Keep it up!