Reviews for How to Commit Seppuku in Three Easy Steps
marching red chapter 1 . 6/17
Beautiful and heart breaking.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
This was a brilliant piece, written in an unusual but engaging style. Sakumo's characterization here really rings true for me. Thank you for sharing!
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Oh the ending. I love the style in which this was written.
CanisLupus4 chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
"your teammates who you loved" That ought to be 'whom'.

The little issue that only grammar nazis like me would pick at aside, this was very nicely written, and hauntingly beautiful. Sakumo gets way too much flak.
Ax20414 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Short and sweet - not to mention saddening. Very well written. I really liked it.
Broken Elsewhere chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Wow. I agree with you, I don't think he was mentally ill, he was just someone who was pushed past their limits and I like that you incorporated the suicidal honor system. The writing style was to the point and the use of second-person really made it wonderful.

Some people tend to portray Sakumo as heartless for leaving behind his son, but I think you really showed how guilty he must have felt. Amazing piece.
Lady Barbossa329 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
I agree with you. I don't believe he was mentally ill. I just believe that he was pushed past his limit and couldn't take being ridiculed anymore. Every person only has so much toleration for ridicule before they break.

Sad and to the point. Very well written, in my opinion.
Young Goodman Brown chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
i like this fic. short and to the point. i agree, i don't think he was crazy either, just misunderstood-vilified and deified in equal amounts. the style was also very cool. nice :)
cerise888 chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Well done. Lyrical, poetic almost, succint, wholly believable. I like this version and prefer it over practically all others I've read... Thanks for the insight.
eagermeager chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
The last line... man, oh man... this is good stuff.
BundleofContradictions chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
That was very powerful. It puts a new slant on Sakumo's suicide. I do not think he was mentally ill, but he had to justify that he wasn't being selfish-an abandoning his son-to himself. Well written.
ediblesquirtles chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Wow. This story hit me like, wham. Really, really... thanks for the fic.
Tellytubby101 chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
This was beautiful. And I'm glad somebody understands there was a suicidal honor system in feudal Japan. Yeesh.

From Tubby. :-)
heavenlyhuntress chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Wow. Mysterious quality to the story, and your writing style is so amazingly different from mine. Yours seems to flow more into the 2nd person narrative, but I guess that's obvious. Love the imagery. It's phenomenal.
Arashi-Kumo chapter 1 . 3/24/2009