Reviews for A Better Idea
Joe chapter 35 . 4/9
Hmm, enjoying your story so far, it has deepth and humor. However, I am disappoint with you trying to pair Jenny with Bobby, doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the story. They are step-siblings, as they themselves have determine to be when they all got told the whole true about their Dad's relationship. So this whole idea of them as a couple seems to lack in creativity.
May chapter 28 . 4/9
Ooohhhh, I do like the new John, he is turning a new leaf. I guess when you finally been given an ultimatum by someone who loved and stood by you for 30 years, you bound to take it seriously. Glad to see that Claire has this new found strength and confident to set him straight.
Why it is that some fanfic authors tend to like the idea of pairing one of the Del Mar girls with Bobby?
It would be odd if they do get together since technically they are step-siblings.
Andy chapter 23 . 4/9
Love the father and son interaction between Jack and Bobby. They seem so much alike, just as mischievous and kind hearted.
My favourite interaction was when Jack kissed Bobby goodnight.
"Dad, don't you think I'm too old for good night kisses by now?"
"No, you ain't. And don't you plan on gettin' too old for'em either."
May chapter 21 . 4/9
In an AU, Lureen and Jack would have made a lovely couple, both have similar traits of going after their dreams and being honest with people up front.
I really like the way Lureen had handled the divorce, sure, they might have drifted apart but the fact she didn't hold a grudge against Jack for cheating on her all those years is a rare kind of forgiveness
Jo chapter 19 . 4/9
What a chapter this was, it explained why John was acting so nasty towards Jack. It does not justify his actions, but at least we know why. It is still true to this day that people tend to associate rape with females more than males.
This was a very emotional chapter, brilliantly written, you feel as if were there in that house listening to this horrific crime that had a ripple effect to all the family members over the years. My heart goes out to all these characters.
May chapter 16 . 4/9
How do you know you are in love? When you start to admire your partner's body the same way Ennis does with Jack's. That was so cute.
Things are looking good for the two, people know about their relationship and they are happy for them. Aawww, if only this was the movie.
Andy chapter 15 . 4/9
"I am so happy, if I'd known I could feel this way, I think I'd have run off with you 20 years ago." DUH! Jack was trying to tell you that for the past 20 years, better late than never.
Christine chapter 14 . 4/9
Wow, Randle handled that break up really well, goes to show honesty is the best policy, even if it was an affair.
Jack is really good father, he does have Bobby's best interest, making sure he gets all the parties he had planned before coming to LF.
"Enjoy each age, cause when it's gone, it's gone." Wise words.
aussie64 chapter 61 . 11/22/2014
Well, this has been a truly wonderful story and here we are, in November 2014, still appreciating Annie Proulx's gift to us, the haunting tale of our boys Ennis and Jack, so many years later.
Thank you for this satisfying and loving tale of a "sweet life"; I guess most people have come a long way but for others, such a long way still to go. Thanks again and good luck in your future writing career. Emjay.
Mych0ice chapter 61 . 12/2/2013
Excellent story...
8annie81 chapter 17 . 12/1/2013
Asdfghjkl the end of this chapter actually ripped the shit out of my heart. What if this was just one of them dreaming?! I'd fucking cry. Don't do that. Don't let that be what you have up your sleeve.
Listening to dirty little secret it's such a good song for their situation. The lyrics I mean. Not the style lol.
8annie81 chapter 10 . 12/1/2013
Gah. Ennis is such a worrier.
8annie81 chapter 8 . 12/1/2013
On gosh this chapter kicks ass and takes names. I swear. No ones ever broken down Laureens side like this.
8annie81 chapter 3 . 12/1/2013