Reviews for My Brother
Ms. Edo Bean chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Sorry I was too lazy to log in.

Look I'm a big fan of slash, and a big supporter of gay rights, but...simeltaneously, I'm a christian. Maybe I'm a hypocrite, but...nobody but jesus is perfect, I guess.

And really, I guess that's the biggest problem I have with this story. It's well written and I like it and I think it should be concluded more thoroughly, but at the same time, it's making jesus imperfect, it goes against the teaching of the bible. I don't think it's homophobic to say being gay is wrong BUT only if you believe in everything else the bible has to say. I'll never get why gays are so intensely condemned when the people who are pointing fingers aren't perfect. And, as a modern translator, I believe that sodomy, choosing homosexuality for sexual pleasure was the true sin.

Dating back to ancient Greece, homosexuality was seen as a sexual practice bordering on a form of prostitution, but in these modern times, it's perfectly probable that one man can love another in terms of being genetically wired to, and I believe that this is a different type of relationship than the one mentioned in the bible. It's still frowned upon, and not entirely without reason, but I believe people genetically conditioned as such deserve the love and care of any other human being. I think to love one another is the Christian ideal and I strive not to judge or oppress based on race, sex, or sexual orientation.

That being said, I think that making Jesus the pioneer in the evoloution of gay love is a very ironic and creative idea. I can't help but be a little offended when I read it, but hey, it's my religion. If I claimed to be Christian and didn't feel offended in the slightest, there might be a problem somewhere.

This was very...interesting to read. If you choose to expand it any, please let me know.

~Ms. Edo Bean
Koka Kora chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
One word:

Thank you. :D
Hell's Ice Heaven's Fire chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Kudos for the Jesus/Judas. I like reading that, it means authors actually remembered that the people in the Bible were that...PEOPLE! They were ALIVE, they had feelings, silly moments, childhoods, families, etc, etc.

Judas was not just the symbol for later hatred of Jews, he was not just "the horrible sinner who betrayed Jesus". He was an Apostle of Christ, he must have loved him to be granted such a title. But no one remembers that, they just remember the betrayal.

The homophobes who flames you saying it was "against the Bible" obviously didn't read the thing. Did the "Beloved of Christ" a.k.a. John, mean jack to them? Or did they just say "It was really Mary M!" and call it good? The Bible also condones slavery, and Polygomy. Not to mention it says Humans can't eat crusations and that it's perfectly okay to Stone a woman who slept with a man outside marriage.

There's only one problem I have with this: Judas has girlfriends...and they kiss? Maybe even more? Sorry to say it, but that's too much of a modern touch. Girls holding hands with males they weren't related to or married to was enough to suspect they were whores and should be Stoned. No woman in their right mind back then woudl do such things, no matter how hot Judas was.

But, other then that, this was rather good.
Oasis Blackmore chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Blasphemy! But really adorable blasphemy . . . This is a great fictional story. And the best review so far was that of Nameless. Honestly, I don't think anything could top that one-word comment. Nice work.

~ Oasis
Melon chapter 1 . 9/23/2008

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Great pairing! I love this, Jesus and his innocence, Judas and his hormones. It's kind of tragic, the way things end up.
fxrinne chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
I really like this. Thanks!
pr0gm4 chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Wow, I liked the story very much, actually, and can't wait to read more about Jesus and his brother! The only sad thing, was that the naive young Jesus was pursuaded so easily by Judas to kiss him

But, there HAS to be a sequal!
40steps2themoon chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
That was sweet. I think people sometimes lose sight of the fact that this is FANFICTION, not real. And no matter what it was about, this was very well written. The writing was fantastic and refreshing. I loved reading it.

And I want to adress some thoughts to all those who flamed merely because this was homosexual, not because it had anything to do with bible characters, not because Jesus was kissing the man who later cuased his , but because two boys shared a kiss. I personally do not care that the bible says that's wrong. I don't believe it, and neither do most of the people I know. You can't take every single thing in the bible so literally. THE BIBLE CONDONES SLAVERY! Do you? If you can say that slavery is all right, then maybe you can say homosexuality isn't.

My point is that the bible was written in a different time. It says somewhere that if you drop unclean meat into a pot, then you must break the pot. And if you do it with an animal, you must be killed. Those are in the same section as the part where it says a man must not sleep with another man. So don't take everything so literally. Do you still believe in Adam in Eve exactly how it's written? That evolution isn't true? Come on people!

Some of the Christians with the strongest faith I know are at least bi. One of the young men at my church who I've seen praying after the service while his friends eat food, would probably lose it if he saw some of these reviews, because his mother is a lesbian, and because they both believe so strongly, it feels like people are challenging their faith. How can the way you were born be a sin? How can LOVE be a sin? Love is wonderful, it says so many times in the Bible. If two men, or two women love each other, it's still love. How can it be wrong then? It's the way they were born. And don't say that they chose to be that way. Do you think anyone would choose that in this time. I don't see anything wrong with it at all, but so many people do. Would you choose to live in a way that would cuase people to shun and hurt you? That would make you an outcast?

Think about this. Think hard about what I've said. I apologize to mildetryth for ranting on instead of reviewing properly. I don't usually do this kind of thing, but after seeing so many reviews on so many stories, I needed to get it out. You really did a wonderful job.

Jeff Hugo chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
I thougt it was very intersting,that is all. It turned me on... to christ! please, let there be a sequel.
Luciferia-in-red chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
I'm not a Christian, but I think it is pretty obvious that it is absolutely grotesque and despicable to take the sacred text of a religion... which is precious to the people of that religion... and slash it up for amusement and post it publicly.

So... to the idiots who like to make those astoundingly asinine comments such as telling concerned reviewers "don't bother reading if you don't like"...

...may I suggest that you try using a few brain cells to think about it... really... and/or just try paying a little attention.

The author says, right in the summary, "Just review, even if you think it sucks!"

That's pretty damn clear, isn't it? Even the author asks for it. So get over yourselves.

Besides, it's a public site for reading and reviewing... therefore anyone can read and anyone can review in any way that they like... even if they are disgusted and want to say so...

The author accepts all of that when he/she makes the choice to post something here.

Now I'll say it again:

There is enough nasty behaviour in the world already... why add to it with insult and derogation that is completely unnecessary?

It is ignorant and disrespectful. Shame.
whowhatnow chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
Okay. Um. -gigglefit- I just find it funny that there are slashfics in the bible section. It amuses me greatly. It really does. I mean, WTF man? is your first reaction when you see it.

But anyway. -pokes flamer peoples- You don't have to read it if you find it offensive. Also, the bible is full of shit. Feel free to yell at me instead now D
Elina chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
That story is just beautiful! I really don't see why some people are against it like that- Jesus was all about love, wasn't he?
Estel Greenleaf chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Please, take this down. You have no idea what the Bible is about, do you?

The Bile condemns homosexuality. Period. It calls the people who engage in such actions "depraved and sick". And I fully agree with that.

This is a flame and I do not care. It's because you're writing blasphemy, and I pity you for what you're doing. I really do pity you.

God is not going to forget what you did. He will remember it until the end.

Please, delete this story. It will be much better for you. Don't ever write slash like this. If you don't fear the wrath of God...may He forgive you.

There are people less forgiving than me.
Angel of Music - Lone Wolf chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Yo people chill. If you knew you wouldn't like it then why bother reading? It's just a story, the author never claimed it was true. I myself am a Catholic so don't bother about bashing me that I don't understand. I understand perfectly. The only thing I wonder about this story is that Judas having many girlfriends...for some reason I can't imagine that.
Nameless chapter 1 . 12/19/2006