Reviews for The Neverending Road
reesessweetie chapter 82 . 1/22/2019
Went back to this chapter for a re-read. I can't believe I didn't pick up on it before! You were already setting up Suyon to play against Hikaru! I guess in their match, we will see the progress Suyon has made. He better not beat Hikaru though~!

One of the things I'm sad about is my inability to play go. I just can't understand the game. I've watched the tutorials, I understand the basics, especially when it's on a small board. But when I try to play on a bigger board, it just looks like stones being placed on top of each other randomly. I can not understand it.. sad.
reesessweetie chapter 83 . 1/22/2019
Forgot to ask, Kevin Wu I'm assuming is Chinese? With such an American first name, I wasn't sure. In your story, you have been giving them all traditional names, but with him I can't tell. Especially as his last name is Wu. But you mentioned him having the choice of going to Korea or Japan..So he left China to play go. For the record, his dad is such an overbearing father. His son was excitedly talking about the great Qian match, but he just kept raining on his parade. Especially as his understanding of the game does not surpass the Kevin's. Oh wells, what can we do. Please let him join Hikaru's gang. That should be fun

Really digging the girl power in your story. You made Nase a go pro, and now Qian enters the story crushing Cho. Woo hoo! Thanks for that~
reesessweetie chapter 84 . 1/22/2019
Ahh! So exciting!

I admit, i'm sad that I won't get to see the Hikaru and Ko Yeong Ha match up. I wanted Hikaru to get the chance to redeem himself from last year's loss. But you did build up Suyon a lot and I'm sure this will be a great match between the two of them. My biggest fear is that Hikaru's emotions will get the best of him and he may not play his best given this sudden and unexpected change. At the same time, I know that Hikaru is more seasoned now, more experienced, so he should be able to overcome it. I have all the faith in him! Plus, its a stupid thing to bet against Shindou Hikaru right?

I like the introduction of Kevin Wu. I wonder if he will eventually be one of the people Hikaru take under his wings, especially given his fascination with Hikaru already. I hope so! It feels like he's so oppressed by his father, can't express his own thoughts, can't have teaching games against who he wants. Hopefully he'll break out of it soon so we can see him interact with Hikaru. Seems like he'll be a really strong go player once he passes the go exam

Thanks for the Touya Kouyo input in this chapter. Feels like we're going back full circle. Glad you haven't forgotten about him with this tournament. He was present for the last Hokuto Cup, it's only right that he shows up this time as well.

Praying and hoping for a Japan win!

PS. You hinted that the story will be ending shortly but I truly truly really hope that there will be a Hikaru vs Akira official match. The story just won't feel complete until we finally see them face off against each other. You robbed us of that opportunity before, so you have to make it up to us!

PPS. Thanks for bringing Ijima back. I always felt that for that guy in the original series. I like what you've done with him in this story. It makes me feel better that he's found his purpose in life. He is no longer filled with bitterness and resentment like in the series. Makes me happy.
AdmiralSaris chapter 84 . 1/22/2019
Good move switching the Korean pros. I didn't get savy until Ko asked the coach for a favor. exciting times, and I'm suddenly unsure of who's going to win each match. You've set up a real nail biter.
zeldor711 chapter 84 . 1/22/2019
Another great entry. I must say I'm a little disappointed not to get Hikaru vs Ko Yeong Ha, but I've also wanted a Suyon rematch as well so I'll take it :) Whilst I'm pretty sure that Hikaru could beat Suyon normally, it'll be interesting to see how he handles him when he's going to (presumably) be quite angry.

I'm looking forward to next chapter a ton.

Do you think we'll get a Hikaru vs Akira official match before this series ends? I know you said that you may not go further than the end of the cup, but I feel like Hikaru finally beating Akira officially would make the story seem complete.
Gene1917 chapter 9 . 1/22/2019
Nase come off as awkward to me specially when she has a similar style as Shindou and shoulder-to-cry -on part.
Steatose chapter 84 . 1/22/2019
So glad to see an update from you this morning. I had to read it before starting my day :)
I’m not really disappointed with the change of first chair from Korea, I’m kind of glad to see a rematch between Suyon and Hikaru and I cannot wait to see the reaction of Hikaru. Also the game between Akira and Yeong Ha is full of potential. I’m truly a Japan fan so I’m still hoping for their victory even though they’re gonna be shaken by that change.
“when the game feels desperate, only a fool would bet against Hikaru Shindo” that one got me smiling like a fool
Thanks for the hard work and I wish you all the best for 2019 ! Take care and see you at the next chapter :)
Flameraven chapter 84 . 1/21/2019
Dirty, but smart move on Korea's part. Next few chapters should be very interesting. These are not the matchups they had readies themselves for and being caught in the back foot like this...

Very, very dirty. But it could well get them the wins to take it home once again.
Guest chapter 84 . 1/21/2019
Ahhhhh,You're an evil.I want Hikaru VS Yeongha thank for an update.I'm looking forward for the next chapter.
Artful Lounger chapter 84 . 1/21/2019
I knew it was going to happen. I freaking knew it, as soon as Yeong Ha made his request to So Chan Wan.

I'm not sure how this is going to go, i really don't. Akira vs. Yeong Ha could go either way, but Suyon vs. Shindo...

It really depends on how Hikaru takes it. He's shocked, he's going to be pissed. It'll all depend on whether or not he can muster his focus and play his best. Because this is a game that Suyon has been HUNGRY for. Suyon wanted this match up almost as much as Hikaru wanted to play Yeong Ha.

Well, here's hoping that they can bring home the W. It would be nice for the main characters to actually win something big, rather than get screwed out of it again.
princessugar chapter 84 . 1/21/2019
Well, that was a surprise, but I’m sure the match between Hikaru & Suyon is still going to be egg-citing! Haha sorry about that...

Thanks for the update!
Guest chapter 83 . 1/17/2019
Please don't be done updating. I've been checking every day hoping for an update. Please update soon
Moneybee chapter 83 . 1/8/2019
For a while there, I though ko heung may lose given his distraction from the active game he was playing. Unfortunately it was not to be. So looking forward to the next chapter when Japan takes on Korea!
Moneybee chapter 82 . 1/8/2019
Yikes! I was cringing and sinking further into my each time Waya opened his mouth and dug himself even further before realizing it was only a dream. Thank goodness! Can’t wait to see Ko heung and Hikaru’s final matchup soon.
Moneybee chapter 81 . 1/8/2019
Let’s all rejoice in the banter between Hikaru and Akira! Soooo good. Can’t wait to see each team captain has to say.
2,704 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »