Reviews for The Stranger I Knew
Oh god that was sad. Good, but sad.
Guy chapter 5 . 7/10/2014
Wow... Just wow, I came here thinking this fic was going to be bad but then I found myself crying at the ending, it was the first time a fanfic made me cry. In other words, This fic is a good fanfic. Keep up the good work.

(Sorry for the bad grammar)
Dalailthis chapter 5 . 2/19/2014
Beautifully written, heart touching story that had me flooded with tears by the end... I like the way you diverged from the norm by making our heroes die. (Not supposed to sound Morbid)
Extraintrovert chapter 5 . 9/23/2013
This was unbelievably difficult to read. Not just because of the subject matter, but because it is so masterfully written that their pain and suffering leaps out at me with every word. It took me a while to finally work through it, but once I finished the result is a level of emotional devastation that hasn't been inflicted on me by a piece of fiction for months, which is certainly worth huge amounts of praise. So thank you for this.
Splattifying Agent 2 chapter 5 . 8/23/2013
:O Oh my god! I seriously almost cried at the end. Also, nice pun with Quote's last name. I have only a single thing I want to say...

Splattifying Agent 2 chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
OH MY GOD! I SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THIS! although I am not suggesting that I don't like it...
A Cave Story Fan chapter 5 . 7/20/2013
First Fic I've finished on here, and I'm glad that I chose a good one. ( I'm thinking that the dream that birthed this was quite a dream indeed...)

1. The first chapter: definitely gave a wallop...the first death not so much, but the second...

2. You've definitely made the Doctor a true and utter monster,if he wasn't already.

3. I knew it was a darker turn from the first chapter,but I didn't expect the bittersweet ending.

All in all, the only flaw I saw was a missed period, but that's a drop in the ocean of how good this fic really is.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/13/2013
when i read the end i thought of

the walking dead episode 1 credits song
I am done here 727184 chapter 5 . 12/15/2012
Oh my God, I cried. I cried a lot. Especially at this sentence: "And they were still holding hands when the end came." At that point, I simply broke down. DX *Continues to cry*

But it was beautifully written. A simply amazing idea; very original.
undeaddade chapter 5 . 12/14/2011
After all that you end this with a BITTERSWEET ending! this was great, best at the beginning, but honestly, the ending doesn't fit. period. also you hinted at another fic for the future but with the robots dead i think you would set it in the past by your writing style.
Shadowmage11 chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
I realize this 'fic has been finished for...five years now and the author may not even check here anymore but I still feel like I need to leave a review saying how excellent I found this 'fic. It's easily the best Cave Story fanfic that I've ever read and does wonderful things with the characters (who practically have no characterization from the games, making this practically an original 'fic). The alternative events used for the story simply make it more gripping as it's own piece of literature. Even if it's dark (which I personally like) this work must be appreciated. Kudos!
MonsterHunterXD chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Cool so far!
kaelenmitharos chapter 3 . 3/5/2011
This should be rated M. Please fix that detail.
Malpercio chapter 5 . 7/7/2010
this may well be the single most gripping story i have ever read. i dont even know what to say beyond that. all i know is that i'm keeping this somewhere safe. i'm going to end up reading this to death. i know i will. it's too good not to. thank you for writing such an excellent story. this is the only story i remember reading that has brought out strong, actual feelings. thank you for writing this.
Anon Y. Mous chapter 5 . 6/29/2010
By god, this is the most riveting fanfiction I have ever read. Well done, Black Waltz, well done.