Reviews for Armoury
Saran VD chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
One word:

Miss Tinkerbell chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
I really like this!

I don't know how else to put it!

It's nice to see that someone is focusing on characters you don't usually see..There's so much opportunity for it!
alsdssg chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
I liked that. I loved how you showed that Nini can feel under all of the icy cold reserve. I also liked your Arabia and China Doll. You do a great job with characterization. The part about Schoolgirl was interesting too. She's rarely mentioned, but you definitely gave her some kind of character.
Grenadine chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
I absolutely loved that. Gorgeous imagery. Babydoll has always been my favorite, and I'm always looking for someone to write about her.

Fantastic. Love it.
Master Tenaty chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
I like Babydoll's observations of Schoolgirl. I like that fact that she observes at all. I also like the description of Schoolgirl as an "absent-minded ghost." Nini seems like the kind of girl who seems tough but once you get beyond the walls she puts up she's just as soft-hearted as everyone else. Maybe I'm wrong.

Nice story! I really felt sad and hollow just like the girls as I read the end. Fabulous job!

~Master Tenaty
lfeee chapter 1 . 5/21/2006

It's beautiful.
Rosemarie-ouhisama chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
By the way, I'd be very interested to see you do a Satine-centered fic. Juno critiques her so effectively in your latest piece, I wonder what it would look like if you went inside Satine's head. Marie is another underwritten and overlooked character that I think you could do interesting things with.

And more Nini-fic, please - you seem to have a gift for conveying her voice without resorting to theatrics of overaccented speech.
Thessaly chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Figures you know all the Moulin Rouge girls by name. I don't, and I'm impressed. Gorgeous and dark with those little sharp edges all around - I like it. The metaphoric possibilities in makeup have always intrigued me and of course they're at their most extreme in MR. So, good conceit.

One thing I don't understand is the two comments on Schoolgirl at the beginning; first you say she drifts through her dancing and then you say she's nervous after two years of performing. As a dancer (though not in a brothel, mind!), I'd say that you can't be aimless and detached if you're nervous. It's either you can float on and offstage or you can't, but not both. But maybe that's just me; I don't know. Also, "whatever she's fearing" is just plain weird as far as sentence construction goes. Couldn't you just say, "whatever she's afraid of" ? It means the same thing and flows so much better.
Tree of Dooom chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
This is seriously wonderful.

I am very very impressed with the way you've portrayed the darker side of their life, very well done indeed.

I'm now off to look at your other stuff, hoping you have some.

All the best, Nel.