Reviews for The problem with John Sheppard
ocean chapter 7 . 2/15/2010
This was a very enjoyable read but I have to say I never saw this deep friendship between John and Rodney that some see. John cares about him as a friend and team mate and would risk his life for anyone, but I don't see any deeper connection than that between them. In fact outside their roles as team mates I dont think they have anything in common. But yet many writers concentrate on these two to the exclusion of all the other characters on the show.
Space1Traveler chapter 7 . 4/3/2008
This was so good.

From the scene on the balcony to the end I laughed until I cried. That was WRITTEN PERFECTION! I could just see the looks on their faces as John turncoat on Rodney. Too, too funny.

Once again, I enjoyed my self so much. Thanks again!
AtlantisGirl12 chapter 7 . 3/20/2008
LOVED your story! Great job!
Pocus chapter 7 . 2/10/2007
Great job on this. It was great having the whole story told from McKay's point of view.

I must say though that my favorite part was the sponge bath!
Gundambaby chapter 7 . 10/22/2006
*hugehugegrin* Loved it! *goingtosacrificesomechicken* More please!
sueKay-04 chapter 7 . 7/9/2006
amazing story...absolutely loved it!
Beth Green chapter 7 . 6/8/2006
With 103 reviews, I'm sure that you don't really need one more. Nevertheless, when I read a story that is exceptionally well-written, I feel obligated to send feedback. My momma raised me to say 'Thank you' when I receive a gift, and this story certainly qualifies.

You provided a welcome and different view of Sheppard-whumping, from the view of someone who was for the most part forced into the role of observer: poor Rodney.

You did an excellent job of getting into Rodney's head and letting us know how much he cared, even if he found it difficult. . . no, downright *painful* to express. Rodney's 'voice' shines through every chapter of this.

I think you had him sum it up best with these words:

“The problem with John Sheppard is - it hurts to be his friend.”

Thanks so much for sharing your talents!
McKayRocks chapter 7 . 5/15/2006
This was ace! Thanks so much and you know you must keep on writing as you are very talented and I just love your fic!

A very grateful whumper!

pavaneofstars chapter 7 . 5/12/2006
This is a beautifuly written piece about learning the value of friendship and you tell it so well from Rodney's pov. I love how you write Rodney stuggling to understand friendships and learning to let others in and by doing so, it's possible to be hurt. The voodoo references made me laugh, "voodoo hex", lol :D Great story, great job! :)

drufan chapter 7 . 5/12/2006
The h/c was wonderful. Rodney's journey as a friend was well done. Liked the first person voice as well. Great read!
auStraliS chapter 7 . 5/11/2006
Lovely fic from Rodney's point of view. Some great introspection on his part. I'm glad it all worked out well in the end, I was feeling really sorry for both of them. Thanks for writing this, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Stealth Dragon chapter 7 . 5/10/2006
Excellent ending. No disease or bullet will ever deter Sheppard from being a punk. Onery bugger.
Isabellec chapter 7 . 5/10/2006
I guess I don't really see the intensity or depth of friendship

between McKay and Shepherd that fanwriters seem to have latched onto. I can't see it in the show at all-I think they care as teammates and are loyal, but not much more. This story is a well written alternate universe in my opinion and I enjoyed reading it.
Sheppardster chapter 7 . 5/10/2006
Phew! You certainly put poor Shep through the wringer, Rodney and Carson too for that matter... they all definitely need a stress-busting activity.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.
kittytrypsin chapter 7 . 5/10/2006
Well done, all nicely wrapped up and although there were some unpleasant times for John and Rodney, their friendship survived and is probably stronger because of it. I love the dynamics between these two characters on the show and you captured it well.