Reviews for The Matrix One Point Five
Lady Kalinda chapter 10 . 11/3/2006
Whoa, as my favourite Matrix character might say.

Seriously, though.. that was beyond awesome. I tell ya, good fanfic is hard to come by.. I haven't found any other good stories like this one in the Matrix section so far.. anything that sounded good was either badly written or everyone was OOC. Your story doesn't suffer from either problem.

Most of the time I could hear the actors' voices in my head when I read your dialogue. They were all nearly perfectly in character, with maybe the occasional lapse. I doubt I could achieve the same, that's why good fanfic is hard to write.

This bridges the gap between Reloaded and M1 very well, too, and does a nice job of developing the characters for it. Peterson made a wonderful villain; a combination of human and machine. I saw his becomming an agent coming, though in the "that'd be so cool!" kinda way, so I was glad when you did it. I did not expect, though, that he would be able to do some of the things Neo could. That was a nice twist. Their final battle was well written, too. The graveyard was cool, a nice way of looking at the other side of the war, same with Allison and how she never really got to make the choice.

And Trinity, since this story was about her; her backstory fit nicely into her character, so much that I can really believe it even if it wasn't in the movies. I felt bad for her on many occasions as well, plus the letter from her mom was good, but sad. I also liked how she and Neo were the most important canon characters within the story, together.

I think I've rambled enough, though; hehe. I'm just really impressed, fanfic rarely pulls me in like that enough to make me want to actually finish it. I spent the whole day reading this, after I finished my school stuff. Kudos to you :) I hope you write more Matrix fics in future _

And now I'm off to see if there's anymore hidden gems within this section on
Megalomaniac2 chapter 9 . 9/30/2006
This is definitely the best chapter. The action, emotion, tragedy, and characterization is all so well done.
Megalomaniac2 chapter 8 . 9/30/2006
I love the Seraph cameo. Too bad he never got a chance to 'apologize'.
Megalomaniac2 chapter 4 . 9/30/2006
I always wondered what would happen if someone were to 'free their mind' but not rebel against the Matrix. Go Peterson!
Megalomaniac2 chapter 3 . 9/30/2006
Yay, Ghost is here! And you're still doing a great job of looking at the consequences of the Matrix, particularly the emotional demands of having to hide one's humanity behind sunglasses all the time.
Megalomaniac2 chapter 2 . 9/30/2006
Oh, hell yes. Introducing Trinity's father- letting us see the Matrix from the point of view of its hapless defenders who are so frequently mowed down by the Zionites- is a stroke of genius, as is Brown's plan, and Jones' grudge against Trinity for the 'dodge this' moment.
Megalomaniac2 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
This is so awesome. You're actually tackling the consequences of what the rebels do, killing and 'freeing' people, instead of just writing kung-fu scenes. And I love the stuff from the Agents' point of view.
achingankle chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
LiMiYa chapter 10 . 7/8/2006
hmm... lotsa good stuff happened in this chapter...

Loved the comment that Morpheus said, when Neo believed Trinity was lost forever...

Agents Brown and Jones last stand against upgrades was also great. (are they going to survive?) And Smith's return and Peterson's futile battle with him.

Liked the afterword about Peterson's strength, and the connection between Smith and Neo.
LiMiYa chapter 9 . 7/8/2006
The descriptions of an empty Zion was fasinating and Trinity and Neo's wonder at how such an image was contained in the mainframe's memory a fun hint of the next movie's revelations.

Peterson's attempt to psyche out Neo with the graveyard filled with casualites that the one was directly responsible for was also a nice touch, and made Neo's defeat all the more believiable.

All in all, a great chapter!
3285 chapter 10 . 7/4/2006
Awesomely good final chapter. I thought having Smith be the one to kill Peterson was just perfect!

Look forward to that epilogue. :D
Thereisnospoon303 chapter 10 . 7/4/2006
I can see your logic in it now. Emotions are both the strength and weakness of a warrior.

I'm glad to see that you linked Smith somewhere in all of this, and I had a deep feeling towards the end of the chapter that he was going to pop up at one point, either with Jones and Brown or with Peterson. It's blatantly ironic that Peterson is absorbed by Neo's greatest enemy, never having a chance to fulfill the task on his own (though he will be a Smith when one of his copies does eventually absorb Neo).

So, from what you're saying, Neo's moment of pure rage and destruction was a symptom of Smith? If that's the case, it kind of makes sense; they are connected, after all! Smith was trying to manifest within his mind, but could only get small bits and pieces before Neo got his marbles back together. I could see Smith being disgusted with Neo’s thoughts of Trinity? Love? BLEH! Kudos to you for that.

I do have a question, though I hope you don't take this the wrong way Maximus because it's not really a criticism of you (consider it just a question for the general community). Why is it that a good portion of authors portray Brown and Jones as kind of reluctant, lost puppies (even lovers) who seem behave in a very strange manner for Agents?

The only reason why I ask this question in your story is because some of your description of them in this final chapter kind of reminded me of it, though I think your description was more appropriate considering the situation they were in. I just don't view Brown and Jones as secretly a couple and Smith acting softly and gentile towards them. I can see, as you had them, having great admiration for each other after spending so much time together. But equating that to love? Brown and Jones, even though underdeveloped in the movie, never struck me like that. Smith would probably never pity them either as he's too interested in himself.

Sorry for the rant and I apologize for it. Again, it's not a criticism of your work Maximus. Hopefully, you'll write another Matrix story soon because I truly enjoyed this one.
Rebecca Simpson chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
Transporter 2 Save Jack's Fate Preview

*Coming Soon*

I think I know who I am too.

Neo does his SuperMan thing for proof.

Neo kills more people anually than plane crashes
Thereisnospoon303 chapter 9 . 7/2/2006
So the conclusion is upon us then? Very interesting chapter in that Peterson was able to actually defeat Neo, perhaps proving both the strengths and weaknesses of human emotion and rage.

The only flaw that their showdown implies is that Peterson was stronger than Smith in Reloaded, who had a lot of trouble trying to subdue Neo during the Burly Brawl (despite having greater strength and speed than an Agent) and had his own amount of "rage" aimed towards Mr. Anderson for deleting him. I suppose Neo could've gotten stronger between his fight with Peterson and with the Burly Brawl.

To expand on the point above, I wouldn't say Peterson is Mary Sue though, only a little stronger than he probably would be in "official" Matrix universe; his ability to freeze bullets like Neo goes against the description Morpheus gave of the Agents which said that they were still be based on a world that has rules. No matter how mad Peterson could get, he probably wouldn't be able to break major limitations that the system had set.

It doesn't detract from the story, and how exactly you'll decide to wrap this up will be interesting to see. Will this maybe lead to some of the events that occur later in Reloaded? That would be a cool twist.

In any case, however the stroy does end, you kept me interested from start to finish. Think of this, too: maybe this shouldn't become a movie, but rather a series of animations ala the Animatrix. I think it would be pretty awesome! :D

For your PS, what word document do you use? I think that using text files may cause it because I haven't had that kind of trouble uploading from WordPerfect.

LiMiYa chapter 8 . 6/13/2006
Loved Trinity's meeting with Seraph. The conversation and the resulting action it caused,(going back home) was very natural, and I'm glad it helped one of Trinity's problems.

I liked the note from Trinity's mom too. You caught a good balance of emotions there, I had the feeling that the mom had a tough time admiting Trinity had been right about the matrix, and what really came thru was how much she loved/missed her daughter.