Reviews for These Crimes of Illusion
Nadamalki chapter 15 . 5/10/2013
Awesome story! Finished it all in one sitting, I just couldn't stop reading! You have talent my friend. And goodness, the way you handled Dean was superb. Many thanks for sharing this with us!
steepedinwords chapter 15 . 9/24/2012
Really, really enjoyed this story. You've got a gift. Also, fae in SPN fic are one of my favourite things. :)
1412 karasu chapter 15 . 9/22/2012
I love this fic! Did you post the sequel on fanfiction? If so, what is it called? I really want to read it right now... I'm going to go try and find it. You are an amazing writer, the plot is so original! Unfortunately, Sam wasn't here, but if there's a sequel, then... :DD sorry, im not a very helpful reviewer -_-' But anyways, keep writing!
-1k
Sweetheart From Hell chapter 15 . 8/20/2010
Wonderful story! Extremely well written and enjoyable to read. I am so glad I found it! I'll check out your other work now, because I definitely hope there is more!
Cringe chapter 15 . 2/12/2010
I remember reading this back on LJ a few years ago, loved it, and promptly lost it due to link mix-up so I am so glad to see it again!

Sequel? :)
jenelric chapter 15 . 2/5/2010
This fic is pretty old, but I just HAD to say how amazing it is. Your amazing writing style captured me within the first sentence, and 12 hours later, no breaks, eyes burning, and God it was so worth it. I'm quite speechless actually. Well..just...fantastic work on this! Easily one of the best fics I've ever laid eyes on!
graceofgod chapter 15 . 2/3/2010
Best thing about this story - that not only was it great, it was LONG! So many times, I start reading something and after a few chapters... But not here. You kept the tension singing all the way through, and explored some really interesting aspects to the Winchesters' relationship. Your take on John trying to cope with Dean coping with his blindness (I think that makes sense) was wonderfully bittersweet, and the realisation it finally leads him to is such a great way to set up for the show, even though it's AU.

And Dean, knowing something's going to happen... The images you painted of him, almost waiting for it, were beautiful.

Awesome read, and there's a sequel waiting for me to catch up with too!

Thanks!

Cal
Srednasnhoj chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Dang good story. I really liked how Dean and Johns relationship was detailed throughout the story.
Sharon chapter 15 . 6/26/2008
Wow - I'm not sure where to start. I finally finished your story, I ended Chapter 1 confused and was equally confused by the very end.

The jumping back and forth gave me a headache and I do mean that literally. I almost didn't finish the story because I really hated reading it. I know that sounds harsh & I'm sorry about that.

I may check out your other stories when my headache goes away.
buttercupgalaxy chapter 15 . 3/2/2008
hi,

really great fic. thoroughly enjoyed it

xox
sams1ra chapter 3 . 9/24/2007
That was awesome. I really enjoyed it.
ddd chapter 15 . 3/3/2007
Awesome story! The characterization, plot, and everything was just really good. If you write a sequel (which I sincerely hope you do) I can't wait to read it!
AuroraDannon chapter 15 . 1/3/2007
WOW! I really liked this story. I thank everyone who helpedyou along way and convincedyou to continue. IT was wonderful. I read it in one day. And thats around taking care of my son and Otherhalf and everything else in my life. :P Great story.
Maiafay chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
I was pointed to this story by a friend, since she knows I like fairies...however, I think I might skip the rest of the fic. Not that your ideas aren't interesting, and the fay (Unseelie) aren't enjoyable to read-but the first chapter alone made me constantly go back and re-read segments. Do you have a beta? I'm not sure if I missed anything noting that you had one-but I would recommend someone tweaking the first chapter at least. The past tense and present mixing throws me a bit, since I'm not sure what to expect from one sentence to another.

You are not a bad writer by any means, but the style is a little hard for me to get used too. Some authors are like that however; it sometimes will take me a few chapters to get into the flow.

The boys are IC as far as I can see, which is a plus. The rest of your prose is grammar correct, its just the flow is really stop and go. (not trying to rhyme there honestly.)

Anyway, I was a bit hasty when I said I wouldn't read the rest...since the plot does looks intriguing. I'll give it a go, and let you know what I think.

~Carrie
MelanieKS chapter 9 . 9/25/2006
I have to say... the story has potential, but it does need a good overhaul. Did you ever consider a beta? The constant switching back and forth between past and present tense is really mind boggling... I couldn't tell if that was intentional or a mistake? I hope a mistake.

The plot itself... Parts of it I think are really good - incorporating Hamilton's world into Supernatural is a neat idea. Not something I've run across yet, but I still think some of it is wishy-washy. Though, blinding Dean and how he deals with this new handicap is really done well. I really enjoyed the scene with the wolves, also. But... Why blind Dean when the fae could easily force him to join them in order increase their numbers? I mean, why waste power and blind one of your own? Maybe that was just your way of twisting the worlds around. I just find it odd that the Unseelie Queen wanted Dean wasted, when she could've easily used him to her advantage?

All in all, the idea you have is interesting and worth the mystery, but your style is jumbled. I would reccommend getting a beta to clean your story up a bit. Just a suggestion, though.

Good luck. Mel.