Reviews for For You to Like Me
Serinity's angel chapter 13 . 9/18/2006
This is good yet, Heartbreaking!

Peace out,

SERINITY'S ANGEL _
Adi88 chapter 12 . 9/18/2006
Mwah! Great, give us hope, yes, and then leave me little snide comments about endings... not even make plain which story's ending you're talking about... Grr. Argh.

An - and the beginning gave me a heart attack. Very nicely done, my goddess-sadist.

["...what to call the feeling you have for youR best friend?" Missing R there... my work is done.]

Whee! I love Haru, and the pictures are just so whimsical and HIM. Plus, I have a special fondness for stick-figures. Haru's three loves was an interesting concept, as well... nice redirection.

I'm sharing Kisa's anxiety about the kissing now. Of course, my concepts of the future here are completely shot thanks to your cryptic-boy remarks, but if they DID, what with nothing out of the question... well, just a new thing to wrap my head around.

Haru/Rin! Oh, the bittersweet joy. And his almost-blame to her "Not gonna hear it" was a nice, charged moment.

Plus, as usual, the end is all... Good. Of the bestness. Desperate and unsure enough not to insure the exact opposite ending, determined enough not to insure this one. [Or ensure? Must look that up.] But that... "How can You not be proud?" is so... tears! And hugs, hugs all around why is life so UNFAIR oh god/dess...

As for the reference in the notes, all I can think of is Galadriel or one of the older-types in Buffy. If it's a Whedon-reference I'm missing, I shall perform self-flagalation, but yeah.

And yes. Yes, you are evil.
Serinity's angel chapter 12 . 9/18/2006
Yay! another chapter! This is brilliant!

peace out,

SERINITY'S ANGEL _
Serinity's angel chapter 11 . 9/17/2006
I really like this! I'll be watching this story!
Adi88 chapter 11 . 9/17/2006
This is such a slow, dreamy kind of story... it's really not right that it's KILLING ME WITH SUSPENSE.

I have too many words trying to come out at once, but this is just an incredible chapter. You really... really got Yuki, all the fear and defiance and just plain "I'm so tired of this" mixed up.

Yes! Yes, Satchan is changing. And it is definitely a good thing. I mean, for us. Not so sure how the changing in the direction of "I want Him to love me like that" is going to be for her life, but it's an incredibly interesting and provacative [in the classy sense of the word] change from where I'm sitting. And the... the self-assertion she's been getting is just delicious.

[Let's get this out of the way: “So, why isn’t every trying to do what I am?" - missing the ONE in everyone.]

I loved the bit about him being "almost" like his brother.

And when she 'fessed up to wanting Akito to like her like that - that was a MOMENT. I wanted to grab her and shake her, or grab her and kiss her... Either way, I'm all nervous and exited. And very glad she didn't have this revelation out loud in front of Shigure.

Hee - and having Yuki be the one to give her some real encouragement, as well as the first one to make a solid, reasonable case against her plan [I mean, from here it's obvious why it's dangerous, like people've told her, but he's got a good point about at least trying to live a real life first] is sheer genius.

Plus, I'm overjoyed that you've updated. And on a weekend! Insta-read.

Suspense. Killing. Small reminder, is all.
UnLimit chapter 5 . 9/16/2006
Good story,

Nuff said. :
Majestically Mystical chapter 10 . 9/6/2006
I didn't get this chapter. Who was she talking to?

Maybe I'm just stupid! D -smacks head-
Majestically Mystical chapter 9 . 9/5/2006
Is it going to be like this through all the Jyuunishi and then a final confrontation?

This is really nice, like... heartwarming, nice.

-smiles- UPDATE SOON.
Adi88 chapter 10 . 9/5/2006
Need I even say that this is the best yet? Sweet, innocent Shii-chan.

I don't think I can even go over all the highlights... Lemme try...

"Because when he knows everything, he can change it just a little bit." Short. Simple. To the point. And yet leaving so very much open to interpretation. Beautiful.

Kisa's confessions of darkness, and the attempt at lying, are also big favorites.

"You always seem to be angry with him one day and have forgiven him the next." Lovely way of summarizing the roller coaster ride that is Akigure...

Going from her asking how Akito'd hurt Shigure to the smiles, and the line about that expression, is also utterly brilliant.

Trying to keep this shorter than pages, but Shigure's little jealousy kiniption, and Kisa's "easy" answer...

And the jump from "childish" to "god-like". Definitely top three best bits.

[I'm sorry this is so late! I had to read it like three times before reviewing, and then wouldn't work when I was ready.]

At any rate, cuddicious look at Shigure, Kisa, and honesty in general - such a relative term.
Different Child chapter 10 . 9/4/2006
Woot! Interesting. This fascinates me!
Different Child chapter 9 . 9/3/2006
interesting...
Adi88 chapter 9 . 9/3/2006
...And, see, right back in with the torment. Though River-references can heal nigh on every pain the world has to offer.

Such a good job with Rin. She's so... yum. And the thing about self-destruction was a perfect snideness to her oft-times portrayal.

Now I have this odd obsession with a live-action Furuba featuring Summer Glau as Isuzu-san.

I adore this chapter, even more than usual. It's starting to, I don't know, pull together? Like she's getting enough puzzle-pieces to make a picture.

The stuff about how similar they are, too, is a high point. I'd never really thought about it, but they have led near the same life. Different perspectives...
half-note chapter 8 . 9/1/2006
This is a really touching story...lovely...n_n

UPDATE SOON!
Serinity's angel chapter 8 . 9/1/2006
I'm still confused about this. but it is very good.
Adi88 chapter 8 . 9/1/2006
Can I say enough good things about the honey? I REALLY like the honey.

And also the moment when she realizes he got broken when she wasn't looking, everything about the walks in the garden, forgetting how to laugh properly, and second-most of all [honey comes first - perfect metaphor/simile/whatever] the last four paragraphs. All on about the "Maybe she likes your voice" and everything, and especially when she asks who Akito has and Kureno doesn't answer...

D'you realize you used Kureno's name? Not a problem, just wondering if it was a mistake or has significance that I should be puzzling out. Also, in the notes at the bottom you're missing an "and" between "do" and "say".

Again - honey. All that with the hearts, and the hole she'd put there on purpose, and making herself [not] see the world as it is... Beautiful.

Thank you for giving my eyes a break. Comfort... comfort is a good thing. Satchan has a mind of her own, all right... That kinda came out this chapter. More backbone to her.

I'm rambling now. I will cease. You are a goddess.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »