Reviews for The Guardian
flight9 chapter 29 . 4/8
Amazing!
Guest chapter 17 . 12/19/2018
As much as I LOVE this story, I feel that having Peter review his life in the presence of an androgynous Being, instead of Aslan/Jesus in this chapter, is, regardless of your own religious views, a BLATENT insult to C.S. Lewis, who, despite being an atheist from childhood until adulthood, was a devout Christian by the time he wrote The Chronicles Of Narnia, and wrote it as A CHRISTIAN ALLEGORY!
anonymousme chapter 25 . 12/18/2018
whats interesting is that the egyptian god hathor's name is very, very simalar to hador. just a thought...
AlphaHost chapter 31 . 11/20/2017
Damn... this was such a good story :) i really enjoyed this and loved the ending. So bittersweet. Thank you for this.
TamariChan chapter 31 . 7/8/2017
This is such a sweet story! Thank you for treating Susan well.
Tmrpotterhead250 chapter 31 . 5/25/2017
I love how you portrayed all of the characters. I especially appreciated how you handled Susan's rejection of Narnia.
Truely a work of art.
guest chapter 30 . 5/12/2017
poor poor Susan.
guest chapter 29 . 5/12/2017
I loved the part when Aslan went, "I did not name you high king, simply because you were the eldest of your siblings etc." It really felt like something C.S. Lewis would write. It really felt like Aslan himself said it. I really enjoyed your story. It had the perfect ending.
Sincerely,
Bunniesonrainbows
Gtopia chapter 3 . 12/26/2016
'yh im noble, so just gonna let a rapist and his gang go free without killing them 'which they deserve' or taking them down then calling the police'
people with this stupid morality ideal are so cringy.
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 19 . 8/27/2016
Dangit. I was totally hoping for a Camelot crossover.
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 13 . 8/27/2016
Okay, so she's from Camelot, and he's from Narnia. This is freaking awesome. I really want him to duel Edmund, so Leona can realize that he knows how to fight with a sword far better than anyone this side of the 1500's should be able to.
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 7 . 8/27/2016
Oh, you cruel S.O.B. Now I really, really want him to take her to Cair Paravel and show her just how he used to live. Also, as satisfying as the end of the Last Battle was, I do wish we had some sort idea about the meatier part of the Golden Age, since no matter what the New one is like, Lord knows those won't happen again.
adidi778 chapter 31 . 7/10/2016
So, I was wondering, are you ever going to write about when Peter was in calormen and met Leona that time? Because you've made me really curious :D
Craigus chapter 17 . 10/10/2015
No particular religion! Lewis might have been unorthodox particularly in having other worlds with another Christ and adding a worshipper of a satanic cult to the saved...his noble young muslim soldier who worshipped the true God in ignorance of the deception that caused him to think the demon and God were the same entity. But I think the alegory for all its weaknesses must acknowledge it's roots. Your Guardian is reincarnated like a Hindu and maybe even thinks that all roads lead to God like a Bahai. Still Aslan is a picture of Christ and your Guardian as his representative is a picture of a Christian. ..His hands and feet doing His work. Peter and Lucy are Christian people Susan is backsliding at times but has faith however hidden. No you cannot omit to acknowledge the source. God controls by doing only good and we are responsible for the evil He allows us to do. God needs no plan B as He strengthens the weak to overcome impossible odds to achieve plan A. Deception and false religion says we must earn merit with God for Him to save us. True Christianity sees that God choses us and enables us to do good and then afterward we see who drew us to Him. God is not fickle like Allah or part evil like Chinese philosophy and our salvation is by Christ's sacrifice not the weight of our good works compared to our sins like Judaism.
Craigus chapter 16 . 10/10/2015
I love this story and I am reading it for the second time a few years later. I love the love story but for her running away as that was wrong. She needed to find God's plan but she was not like Jane Eyre running from her love because of it being adulterous and if she had no abilities to legally marry due to lack of birth certificate etc that was no moral dilemma just a worldly one. No she needed to pray then to open up to Peter. She knew she could settle down and be mortal and be in love. Her dilemma is love or ministry, mortality or loneliness. She sets a bad example by running and is not noble or wise. Would that she had stayed with Susan while the others went off on their quest. Have you ever read Jane Eyre?