Reviews for The Earth Dies
Elladoralestrange chapter 13 . 4/23/2010
This was so sweet!
Chloe Gilmore chapter 8 . 3/29/2010
this is beatifully written.
alone4everandalways chapter 13 . 3/7/2010
the 2nd best mythology story i have read. and thats saying something, considering how picky i am with stories (not 2 mention everything else- shoes, clothes, accessories, food, friends, guys (not that ive dated any1 b4 lol)... u name it, im picky about it) and how many mythology stories i have read. wonderful job. plz continue writing. i will definitely add u 2 my favorite artists list. thank u 4 writing this magnificent story. :)

-maggie
alone4everandalways chapter 11 . 3/7/2010
sweet and romantic. even tho he doesnt say it, u can just tell that he loves her. feel it, almost...
alone4everandalways chapter 4 . 3/7/2010
how old r they exactly? like, human equivalents.
alone4everandalways chapter 3 . 3/7/2010
loved the end 2 this 1. showed that women can, in fact, be kick ass. 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up :)
asdfghjk chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
that was amazing i have never read anything so good before in my life and i do an ungodly of reading thank you and please write again
megan chapter 13 . 11/18/2009
luv it
Christina chapter 13 . 10/20/2009
I really ejoyed your tale! You evoked a multitude of emotions from your reader.

Was a vey sweet plot, a beautiful little romance. You show a lot of potential.

Be careful with repetition - try looking at things from a differnt perspective.

I look forward to reading your other works.
anamoyous chapter 13 . 7/29/2009
great story! enjoyed it!
Reader chapter 13 . 7/21/2009
wow... that was amazing...I have read a lot of fanfics and this point of view and how amazing i dont even know how to describe it...amazing job keep writing!
Rory4 chapter 13 . 6/6/2009
Wow, it's been a LONG time since I last reviewed this story. I just randomly came across it while I was surfing around the site, and remembered it instantly. I was so glad to see that it was finished! In the last chapters, you never once lost that poetic rhythm that I loved so much about this. The back and forth between Hades and Persephone, and then the awful longing of Demeter kept this story moving in the form of a fast, breathtaking roller coaster ride. There were moments of sweet, hesitant lovemaking, and then the desperate, nearly delirious longing of a mother for a missing daughter. And in the midst of all this, the Earth slowly dying. You wrote the emotion in each situation with perfect eloquence. I felt the glittering, simmering connection between Hades and Persephone, and the despair of both Demeter and the people that had to live on the Earth she was letting wither away. I even felt the frustration and strain that was thrust upon Zeus, as he was thrust right into the middle of all this. To make me feel - rather than just KNOW - these things that the characters were going through, each twist, bump and turn, is the mark of a writer with a bright future of ahead of them.

Oh, and you were right about the part where you had Persephone take a bite from the pomegranate itself, rather than simply eat the seeds. It WAS a better visual image. And it fit the cadence of the imagery you had throughout the entirety of the story. Great call. You kept it consistent. And let's face it - the way the fruit rolled from her fingers and then onto the floor was just plain sexy! lol

I felt the bittersweetness of Hades' and Persephone's initial parting. The entire chapter had an ambiance of bittersweetness to it, really. But, then they were able to come together again - however brief that time may seem to them, those five months - and this time Hades was able to tell her that he loved her, but without loosing the roughness of his character; the way you portrayed him. I love the way they loved each other.

"When the earth dies, he is happy. When it thrives, he knows the life he has always known. But he smiles none-the-less and looks up at the ceiling above him." THAT is my favorite line. I think it captures everything you've been working up to in this story PERFECTLY. It was simply beautiful. Wonderful work, and amazing writing! I'm so glad I stumbled across this again, and was able to finish it.

-Rory4
The Dragon Mage chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I love Hades! he's my favorite out of all the gods, for some reason. I love how you portrayed him here, it's exactly how i pictured him being! awesome story.
LondonMarie chapter 13 . 1/17/2009
I think that it's soo interesting that only Hades and Persephone are the only gods that are married and in love with each other. It's so sad that for most of the year they are seperated. I loved you fic. fantastic job.
blackXlove chapter 13 . 12/19/2008
OMG i love this story it is one of the best stories i'v read, and this is a lot coming from me i'm a critic ;)
98 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »