Reviews for Shoot the Moon
dmichelle312 chapter 1 . 1/30
What a lovely story...
Emily chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
This was good; it made me happy. You painted a very clear picture of the night sky and Elrond and Estel sitting and looking up at the stars.

Now I'll tell you a story about my little cousin, Jared, who is six. We watched the cartoon version of The Hobbit, which is surprisingly decent, and now he's interested in the book; he wants me to sing the goblins' song about "fifteen birds in five fir trees" to him all the time. It is so cute! I am going to give him my copy of The Hobbit when he gets older, so that he can read it for himself, and then the Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion, and then we can talk about them. I am looking forward to it!
ina chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
I don't want the moon to fall out of the sky! *lol* that's so cute. i love it :)
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
Fatherly love with Elrond and Estel! I love the way a child thinks.

“But what if he misses and hits the moon? "

“If he has been hunting the same stag that long, he can’t be such a great hunter, Ada. A great hunter would have gotten the stag a long time ago.”

Estel is so cute!
grumpy123 chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
Great story, of some learning between Elrond and Estel. Loved that part that if he was such a great hunter he would have gotten the stag a long time ago.
Oirasse chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
wow! it is a good question... i liked it!
krazykat chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Nice! very cute - and there's nothing wrong with a little science. I never though before of how weird it would be for Elrond to know his father was in the sky... Tolkien would appreciate I'm sure.
j-mercuryuk chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
This was a really sweet story, I liked it. I'm very chuffed that I reconised some of the constellation :D I've never really thought about elves having astronomy lesson, but now that I think about, it makes sense that they would as they love the stars so much :D
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/30/2006