Reviews for Breaking the Girl
mudpuddledemon chapter 7 . 9/22/2012
Very nice. I love this pairing, and it works really well here while still being in character.
RionaEire chapter 7 . 4/6/2009
Quite enjoyable. A plausable, tasteful and, yes, romantic, Mal/Kaylee account. This story was really neat, it made me feel like a Mal/Kaylee relationship is not only tollerable but can be very nice. I liked how you wrote their thoughts about the situation, they both thought that the other wouldn't think that way about them and I liked the shivelrous nature of Mal's hesitation due to Kaylee's grieving etc. I'm glad things worked out right in the verse. Although I doubt Rivers run in packs of only three, that part of the story was very effective at conveying ironic energy. A riever attack is what started this mess and killed Kaylee's family, but a riever attack is also the thing that saved Kaylee and brought everything back into focus. Oh, and I like how at the beginning you have the captain thinking of Kaylee as sunshine, soaking in her happy rays etc. It would have been nice to her Kaylee call him Mal at the end for the first time, since they love each other. :)

Riona
cjhar chapter 7 . 10/16/2007
So i know it's been a while since you wrote this. But I just wanted to tell you that this a really good story. You should write more Mal/Kaylee stories
Quirky Del chapter 7 . 8/7/2007
You know, I read this when you were first posting and I just came back and reread it and I still love it! You so rock! : )

Always,

Del
Jon chapter 7 . 2/19/2007
Good fic.
phazed chapter 7 . 8/12/2006
Well... Excellent work and thumbs up for the characterisation! I've really not had any time before for Mal/Kaylee shipping but this had me reading to the end. Good story arc, glad you made it so long as the characters seemed to need that amount of time to reach the inevitable. I've added it to my favourites and I'll keep watch for any future firefly stuff you do. (the ending was super sugary but it did make me smile, very well handled ;D ) Loved the touch where you mention the effect the 'wanna?' from the Captain had on her. *lol*
Logan13 chapter 7 . 6/1/2006
Great story. I think you did a great job staying in character with dialogue and actions. And the ending was just fluffy enough!
moviebuff001 chapter 7 . 5/31/2006
Yay! That was the perfect amount of fluff! I loved this and I hope you continue to write more kaylee/mal stories
Quirky Del chapter 7 . 5/30/2006
Well, I can easily say that I LOVED THIS! Yessiree! This was Fantastic! It was well written, kept you interest, stayed in character, it was really great! I liked this last chapter, too - beautiful ending! I particularly enjoyed this little exchange:

“Hold up a minute, Cap’n. Doesn’t this violate your policy ‘bout shipboard romances?”

“Well now, you know I was never one to follow the rules,”

Bloody brilliant work! : )

Del

I'm very glad to have this in my favourites lists!
LucklessSlinger chapter 7 . 5/30/2006
I love this fic. You make an non-canon couple believable and it's just a really good story overall. I hope to see more from you!
liferscove2118 chapter 7 . 5/29/2006
I loved your story it was great

and that wasn't as much a fluff ending as some of what I've been reading lately to find this one roswell story trust me

keep up the good work

Amanda
Jessica Clark chapter 7 . 5/29/2006
I loved the story! Thanks for writing it.
Alison M. DOBELL chapter 7 . 5/29/2006
I wasn't sure how this was going to pan out but you did a superb job, and I loved the Captain confessing that Kaylee is the light in his life and when she was so sad it left him lost. Oh yeah, that's love. Ali D :~)

You can't take the sky from me
Goomba chapter 7 . 5/29/2006
Well done! And though it felt a little rushy like, I liked it, VERY very much. Keep up the fluff, and whatever else. Thanks and Cheers Jen
Taka chapter 7 . 5/28/2006
Aw, cute ending. Sad it's over since there aren't many Mal/Kaylee fics, but was a good read ) Good work