Reviews for Middlewood
jon4576 chapter 7 . 6/28/2013
i love this story. it always brightens my mood when im feeling down. and im on the edge of my seat for the next chapter
Jboy chapter 15 . 5/31/2013
PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE carry on this story Is so GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD!
jon4576 chapter 15 . 2/11/2013
was reading this story and listening to my itunes when the song In time from the punisher came on. right at the point where felix walks into the bar where ron was. it fit the mood perfectly lol
Noplayster chapter 11 . 11/7/2012
I can't really decide whether I find Kim's interference in Ron and Felix's duel appropriate or excessive. I definitely sympathize with her though. She's beginning to realize that Ron has a serious deathwish and is desperate to save his life. She doesn't have much of an understanding of male honor though, ambushing a cripple in the middle the night and trying to cripple him further so that he can't fight back. A man would never be able to live something like that down.

A running theme in the story is that "Vengeance Begets Vengeance". Just like Tobias and Rooster, Ron's bloodthirsty quest for revenge caused as much pain to the innocent as it did for the guilty. He created Felix The Bounty Hunter by punishing a guilty man. It makes you wonder how many other outlaws were created because of his actions. Most of the men on his hit list (and Tobias') seemed to have in one way or another repented of their crimes and simply wanted to escape that lives. He has to be wondering "If they didn't deserve mercy from me, why would I deserve mercy from Felix?" Pretty heavy stuff.

Now, a really juicy question along this theme is this: If Felix did manage to kill Ron, would his actions create another killer? Would Kim vow to hunter him down and avenge herself, no matter who got in the way?
Noplayster chapter 7 . 11/6/2012
I absolutely love that you provided the backstory of Tobias. It gives us an understanding of how and why he became who he is. It makes him so much more interesting and gives me a lot of empathy for him. I can see that his tragedy is the same as Ron's. What's interesting is that Tobias is simply who Ron very well may become someday. Ron chose the same path that Tobias chose. The question is whether Ron is able to change his fate or if Murdock was right about never being able to escape from that path.

Another concept that I particularly like was that Tobias and Rooster's decision to seek for their (apparently) justified revenge was what turned them into the demons that caused the exact same tragedy to happen to another innocent young boy(and countless others). Thus perpetuation the cycle of hatred and revenge. I just realized that that was a major theme in Romeo and Juliet as well. Nice bit of foreshadowing there.

The only way this cycle of bloodshed can end is for the victim to simply forgive. To not make that choice. Tragedy has the potential to make us into one of two creatures: Saints or Demons. It all depends on how we decide to respond to that tragedy. Very, very good story. Thank you.
southern hearts chapter 15 . 8/15/2012
I just have to say...wow! This story is so well thought out, I really love how you've placed each character and how you've written them. Then again, I'm pretty much a sucker for westerns. Hope to read more eventually, it's been a fantastic story so far.
RabulaTasa chapter 15 . 6/16/2011
I think my favorite aspect of this story is how you're weaving together multiple stories into a coherent narrative while maintaining the unique qualities of each of your characters. While we haven't seen much of Shego and the Go Brothers yet they look very promising as well. You're doing brilliantly here, especially given the particular challenge of writing KP into a Western story.

-John
reader chapter 15 . 4/17/2011
love love love this story. cant wait for the next chapters
antidid4 chapter 15 . 12/11/2010
I have really come to enjoy your story. To me, nothing seems ridiculous in terms of characters or story development. Nothing is too far off reality which I am appreciating. It pains me to see such a good story not finished and it seems you have a good bit left to write. So, my hopes to you are that you continue to write this wonderful story. I will be waiting in anticipation.
vase chapter 7 . 11/19/2010
Definitely a good read I am glad you made the characters consistent with the old west meaning "range law" the way James possible kept it real yet being the same loyal person with a good heart.

I can understand Ron's conflict of trying to avoid killing, however you lost me with him giving speeches and allowing Dub to go free while the Circle C was being ambushed. Dub is a rustler and was part of the ambush yet Ron trying to bring morality to a killer in a middle of his friend's being ambushed.

Then you really confused me when after the gunfight you have Ron return to the woods looking for Dub, knowing that Dub has threatened Kim.

Once again over all I like this story just wish you didn't throw me off a good chapter with a forced conflict.
JakChan23 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I dream of the nearingday that this storygets to update...I know i've just read it some time ago...but I'm feeling dreadful that this story might not continue...I remember reading Zaratan's Recovery...great story btw...checked every week for months yet no update came...the story ending on chapter 28...I'd like to read it again..but it would just be a painful wait...I hope you update soon my new favorite author!

(I know..I make desperate kissy-up-face...but i just really hope you don't go on hold or hiatus..that's all. Because this just quite an awesome story...It really is the best KR AU for me...
JakChan23 chapter 14 . 9/3/2010
I must say I truly love the KR parts...they're the one of the main reasons I love this fic...Love the Ron Action parts and Ron impressing Kim without meaning to do so parts...love the Veronica parts when she inquires about Ron's past and is surprised about the things shehear and also proud of Ron. I also like Veronica/Will Du parts...I don't really like the Shego and Go siblings parts that don't have anything to dowith Ron...and the Director and Will Du parts that also don't have anything to do with Ron.I think they take up too much text in the story...but I do like that you still Keep them Detailed in check...I just really like it when there are awkward Kim/Ron moments...just makes me so giddy...I love the parts that makes Ron a bigger man in the eyes of other people to the point tht it shocks them...especially when itcomes to shocking, surprising and getting an awesome "did not expect that" reaction from Kim about Ron's past or what he Could do and become.

:D
JakChan23 chapter 15 . 9/3/2010
I can't wait for the next frickkin chapter! I'd like to see Kim's reaction when shegets to know that Ron is now a living legend among gunslingers! I can't wait! Arggghhgh!
JakChan23 chapter 12 . 9/3/2010
saying that this chapter was action packed at the part of Ron and Felix's double team would do the act nojustice! This storyis ust awesome! and Ilikethat Kim is now about tofind out who Ron really is in her past! Yay!
JakChan23 chapter 11 . 9/3/2010
Man I really love this story! You gave life to anoher story verse that is just so amzing! I'd love to reveiw each chapter but I don't know what to say...all I know is...I love your awesome a great awesome story...that has a life of it's own! and for years I was avoiding this fic because didn't really like AUs at the time...but this has to be one of the most awesome AUs written here in !