Reviews for A Funny Thing Happened to Me
eriskbo chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
ooh nice twist at the end...

well written and clever really did the wonderful KOTOR ending justice
machievelli chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Supposed to have been posted 30 December 2011, at and the Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. but I had problems with my computer that literally made every document and link hidden, and flaked on attaching these reviews to the original story threads for the last year. Everyone say; 'Mach is a flake, Mach is a yo-yo'. Better yet (Waves hand) 'Mach is trying, but he's still a flake'.

Then to make me even more like a buttermilk biscuit (more flaky) my computer went down again in June of 2012 with yet another virus. So this is even later...

KOTOR aboard the Star Forge: A dead man switch?

The piece flowed well, except for jumping back to the start once. The idea of setting up a dead man switch, that Revan had set up so that he would die, and destroy Malak's victory when he did was choice.

However turning Malak Revan and Bastila into the three wise men was a bit much.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
That was really funny! I liked it a lot!
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
Not only a very interesting perspective of the Star Forge battle, but also that little cherry at the end. It *was* totally unexpected and made the read absolutely worthwhile. Good job.
Alexandra3 chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
I'm incredibly behind on my reviewing, but here it is anyway! I thought that this was a very well written piece. I've never been much for dark humor, but I think you pulled it off well. And I've always thought that your ability to write action sequences is unparalleled... I'm in awe of it every time I read something that you have written.

I also loved the ending. I couldn't help but crack up. Overall, good job!
I am no longer available chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
Alice,

Some great improvements here, it works much better. The dry humour at the end really comes out, the action flows well, and the cycles are work really well too.

BaM
Dante-Raven chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
Now THAT is good dark humour. It's ironic, that the same power Malak fed on is the same power that ultimately destroys him and gives birth to the "star in the East." I know that line from somewhere, but I just can't remember for the life of me. Good job.
Cable Fraga chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
"...it binds the universe together..." - Obi Wan Kenobi

He wasn't kiddin'. :)
Auros Sopherai chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
WHOA! Rarely am I totally at a loss for words. Ok, never totally. I liked the circularity of the Star Forge story, the twisting of the scene was very clever, but not really funny. The ending was ironic. Well, to tell the truth it was just about the most excellent word association/non sequitor irony EVER. The ending was completely crazy, you should write a follow up "The ReVanci Code". Oh, when I say crazy I mean it. Crazily good
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
God, you just love writing stuff with such violence! ;-)

Loved the double-betrayal Bastila did in the end...though did she have to 'unhand' Revan like that?
Phoenixasending chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
This was good, I think I like the very end thought best. Kind of an ultimate joke?
Trillian4210 chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Ah yes, nothing says "comedy" like amputated hands. lol. General hilarity aside, the writing here is super strong. Every image is rendered perfectly clear and clean. The dialogue is terrific and the action is, as always, magnificent.

Now about that end...lol. You are one crazy gal and I love your sense of humor. Keep writing and Merry Christmas to you too. ;)
VaguelyFamiliar chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Oh my, that was dark... but the ending was hilarious!

I really enjoyed how you wrote the action, too. Glad you got it in on time. :)
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
That was well done, but weird. Heh. I'm right there with you on the procrastination.