Reviews for All at Once
That was amazing work I have to say this is the first fan fiction I have read and I have a feeling it will be hard to beat
eth.alsar chapter 1 . 7/17
I'm not a Brit-picker - but really you have to have some clue about the UK before launching into an AU set in the UK. Higher education in the 1990s was free in the UK, and grants were provided to pay for living expenses. You lost me before I'd got 1/4 of the way through the first chapter. Real shame, not going to bother continuing with this one.
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 39 . 6/11
I can't believe I only just found this, but I've read the entire thing in the past two days and love the way you've developed Harry's character. Hope the other stories start leaving you alone soon so we can get an update on this one :)
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 39 . 4/22
Thank you, Professor Snape. Your recommendation is brilliant.
Bellatrix is stubborn.
Dragon tears are hyper-nice!
Hufflepuff, for drama! I thought so.
Why ask Dumbledore? I would have researched killing curse, and mind arts.
Thank you, Severus, for repairing the damage.
And, before believing in prophecy, research Divination.
Amelia, do call for assistance, hopefully Dudley did not attack you.
Glad! News, Bellatrix, matters not. Harry is not permanently injured.
Conjuring food should be impossible?.. Not sure.
Lucius, you are wrong, and Voldemort is correct. And that's why it's not a good idea to put Lucius as leader of Death Eaters.
Bellatrix-nargles-Luna.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
I know I have a lot left to read of what you've posted so far but I just felt I should drop a review at some point.
So, I really like this story so far, it's very well written and original. I read a lot of fanfiction but I've never come across a story which deals with Harry not going to Hogwarts/Harry not knowing about magic until he's older etc in a similar way to this one.
I like the originality of your story as well as how it's written.
I've only read a small part of the whole thing but I'm really enjoying it and I'm pretty sure I will continue to enjoy it further.
Greetings, Denise
It was a
...trifle
Humorous.
Voronwen chapter 39 . 2/10
I discovered this fabulous fic via a favorite author''s recommendation, and am so glad I did! Unfortunately, I don't have time to go back and do exhaustive reviews of all 39 chapters, but I just had to tell you how much I love this story. It has kept me glued to the screen during all of my free time (and time I should have been doing housework) for the last 3 days. I really like your smart and artistic Harry, flaws and all, and I have to say that in all my years of reading HP fanfiction I have never seen a method of vanquishing Voldemort that even comes close to yours for originality. It is simply outstanding!

It has been awhile since this tale was updated, and I sincerely hope that your muse will cooperate and allow you to complete the story arc soon. I'll be waiting and watching with bated breath for the next chapter or story alert from you.

The only thing left to do is to offer you a sincere "Well done!"
Potterplotter9 chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
Hi, I'm sure your story might be fantastic, (evidenced by the many reviews and favourites), but there is so many inaccuracies for life in the UK that it makes it unreadable for me. Higher education in the UK is of good quality, is (or was in 1998) affordable to everyone willing and able to work, MUCH cheaper than in the US, and accessible to anyone with decent grades in high school. Only a crazy person with way too much money, or an insanely talented person wanting to go to a very specialist university, would want to go and study in the US. We already have 4 of the worlds top 10 universities, and we're not a very big country so I think we do OK.

Aside from that others have mentioned inaccuracies in the drinking age, driving age, and work regulations for under 16s. You can work something like 2 hours a week between the ages of 13 and 16, at which point you can do anything except drive, vote, drink and get married (unless you live in Scotland).
nintschibintschi chapter 5 . 12/7/2015
i just love this story and this chapter wherever you are thanks for creating it
nintschi
jason.matthews.940436 chapter 6 . 11/16/2015
I'm sorry but the word should be whether not weather.
MintyPatronus chapter 4 . 11/15/2015
Remus should know more about muggle life, being a half-blood.
kitty chapter 39 . 10/11/2015
I wish you would finish this one. I really liked it and would love to see where it goes. Hope you do. A shame to let such a good story go unfinished.
AlisonK chapter 31 . 9/25/2015
Just wanted to say that I am enjoying this story. As a Brit, yes, some of it is not UK-compliant, but tbh I don't have a problem with that. Fan fic writers are doing this for fun so I don't expect the same level of research I would from a traditionally published book. A good story is the main thing.

My one quibble is with the meal Harry and Amelia went out for - it was horrendously expensive! Especially for the nineties. You can't eat out as cheaply here (or not anywhere with good food and a "datre" ambience) as I gather you can Stateside, but £150 for two is a lot even today. Plus Amelia wiuld have no way of knowing Harry could afford that much. AFAIK, at that point, she thinks he's a sixth former who has a part time job as a car mechanic. You could send them out for a meal for £50 and Harry would still think he'd spent a lot (esp without wine).

Thanks for sharing the story.
2,949 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »