Reviews for All at Once
thedarkesthorcrux chapter 27 . 6/3
It bugs me that you keep mentioning university when Harry hasn't gone to college. Is Stonewall a sixth form?
anyway I love this story
I just started reading it at 22:27 and its already 01:35 very good
LoonyBadger chapter 39 . 5/19
Hello there, Ik it's been a while but I just found your story and am deeply intrigued and would love to know more if possiable. You are an extremely talented writter xD and I'm so glad I found this story :)
Fogira chapter 33 . 5/15
I love your way of dealing with voldemort omg!
sorry, cue another paragraph about Americanisms
We don't have a graduation ceremony per ├že in the UKliterally pick up our results in August and that's that. Some schools have a prom for the final years though, typically one for year 11s after GCSEs and one for year 13s after A-levels. Also, the exams are ridiculously highly regulated. They're set by an exam board (typically for England, pearson Edexcel, OCR, and AQAscotland and Wales are different as is NI) and the exam times are universal country wide. So everyone taking A-level physics, regardless of the examboard, sits it at the exact same time across the country. It is the same for every subjectif a clash occurs the student is kept in isolation in exam conditions until the clashing exam can be sat. It's ridiculously regulated. Consequently, the exam period lasts *months*. Take this year for exampleit started 14th May and ends 22nd June. Typically, during this period the students get study leave
England's quirks aside, I am really enjoying the story and hope the muse bites you again
Fogira chapter 17 . 5/14
another Americanism I spotted is how you talk about uni. Major and Minor aren't really a thing in the UK, we just have courses. People might audit another course, but they won't gain a qualification for it. We simply sit our A-levels (or equilivent) and hopefully meet the entry requirements for the course we want to do. So say he wanted a physics degree, he'd study for 3-5 yrs depending on the course, and gain a BSc. No major. No minor. If he took another year, stretching it to a Masters degree he'd be a MPhys. Some degrees, like collated medical degrees at certain unis allow for an additional degree to be obtained in addition to the medical degree, but that again is not a major or minor. It is a simple degree so he'd walk out with a MBBS and say a BSc if he took a physics side degree. Sorry for my ramblings!
Fogira chapter 13 . 5/14
argh, just noticed me keyboard mess up the numbers. ages 16 to 17 in year one and 17 to 18 in year two
Fogira chapter 13 . 5/14
I'm so happy I saw the recommendation for this story, and I have to say, you've kept the Americanisms fairly minimal and as a Brit, I thank you. There is one minor thing that crops up in a lot of HP stories written by Americans and that's how they handle classes. What level Harry would be at rn at 17 is what"s known as A-levelscomprising of 4 electives, one of which is dropped after the first year (year 116-17, year 21718 age wise unless people retake) and there are no obligatory subjects. Also, extra credit isn't a thing. You can put more effort into coursework to aim for a higher grade, but that's about it. Grades are highly regulated and cannot be boosted as there's no credit system in schools before university. Speaking of which, Harry would be in sixth form or college (the equilivent to the last two years in high school in America, college does not me university in the UK). One other, minor, note. When Harry got his glasses you mentioned an "optometrist". They're called opticians in the UK
Other than minor silly details that honestly aren't story breaking, this is an amazing story. Just saw your AN on this chapter and thought to point out some Americanisms. Keep up the good work! I love it
baektobasics chapter 39 . 4/18
I am obsessed with the story! And oh god your idea on how to get rid of voldie is really damn original
luckydarkpage chapter 39 . 4/6
I just found this story, very interesting. I like what you have written so far. I hope to see more in the future.
framesanta chapter 31 . 3/22
Grr! Hate when a story is this good and and doesn't have an ending. Oh well. I'll imagine my own I suppose. I know how it is when the muse just goes away. At least we had this much to enjoy!
Isamaru chapter 39 . 1/29
Wow, hope to see this continued one day!
kagewolf25 chapter 2 . 12/13/2017
Sorry but this just isn't my cup of tea as I don't like fics where harry helps out after being abandoned.
Aflibble chapter 37 . 12/8/2017
I would love to see more chapters to this if the bug bites. Please I was really enjoying this one and it was one of the first fics I read not written by someone I directly knew.
Guest chapter 39 . 12/1/2017
Review? Remember you? Why? Nine years, and you haven't even owned up having abandoned the story. Hopeless.
LeaperSonata chapter 39 . 9/27/2017
This is such a great story - I know it's been like nine years, but I hold out hope that it will update again someday! Driven workaholic Harry with a full muggle education and a surrogate family to support him is so great, and I really want to see what all Lucius has planned, and how Harry plans to ease him into knowledge of who he's actually working with! The takedown of Voldemort was so unusual, and well done :)
3,030 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »