Reviews for All at Once
Hahukum Konn chapter 20 . 5/26/2012
Re-reading this has been kind of fun but it's seeming to me like parts of this fic are slipping into post-OotP type cliche modes - Ron's starting to get left out of things and he's focussing on eating, and while it's not being used against him, his "what'd I miss?" type question is a common cliche then used to bash Ron by making him look like he's being mentally slow.

On top of that, you've got the "old man" epithet being spat at Dumbledore, which is also characteristic of such fics. It seems a bit unnecessary and probably a bit out of place. "Mr. Dumbledore" or purposely only calling him "Headmaster" would probably have worked as well.

The final jarring bit is this:

Jenn snickered, "And just how do you know that it was a killing curse that he aimed at Harry?"

That's actually a rather easily answered question from internal canon evidence alone (Harry rememebes the green light, etc). Plus, "snickered"? That jars. "asked sarcastically" would probably have fit better.
Beckyi chapter 39 . 5/15/2012
Really had fun reading this, sorry that you haven't continued it. Hope the muse strikes again soon.
c chapter 39 . 5/7/2012
Hi,

I stumbled across your story whilst researching fics where Harry doesn't go to Hogwarts, as I have one planned and want to make sure it's not similar to anything already written before I write it. You're isn't at all like the one I'm planning, but I got addicted to it. So here I am, wanting more. I noticed you haven't updated in a long time and hope you update soon.

Regarding Americanisms, I respect you for apologising for not knowing what things are like in England,which really isn't your fault, and for trying to make it as correct as you can. And as far as mistakes in English culture go, the ones in this fic are very minor. Regarding the end of school, at my school there wasn't a graduation ceremony like there is at at the end of university, but it is possible for a school to have one if they really wanted.

What I am a little confused on is the Drinking age. I thought it was 21 in America? You seem to have it as 17 here, which I found odd, as It's actually 18 here. Therefore it is unlikely Harry would have gone to clubs and gotten in at the age of 17. So what I'm confused on is why you had it at 17, and not the Drinking age from your country, or from this country if you managed to look it up. (assuming I'm right on the Drinking age there. but I only really know from films/T.V, so I could be wrong, in which case, I apologise). On second thought, Did you get it from the Books? Cause the Drinking age is different in the Muggle and the Magical world.

But at the End of the Day, you're right, it is an AU, so things can be different.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this. I may have rambled on a bit. Sorry, I do that.

I hope you update soon.

C

P.S. I was really happy Harry was a Hufflepuff! I don't think I've seen a Hufflepuff Harry fic before, even if he didn't actually go to Hogwarts in this one.
dhyetaX1999 chapter 39 . 5/2/2012
have you abandoned this story?
Poet Wroet chapter 39 . 5/1/2012
Hi,

Your story is one of the best I've read so far. Will you continue?

If not, may I please read your notes? I'd really like to know what happens next.

Love,

Poet Wroet (I can't login for some reason, but you can send a PM to my account - Poet Wroet is the name!)
bunnyfitz chapter 39 . 4/22/2012
This story has been a joy to read. I know from reading your author profile that it still claims All at Once will not be abandoned. I sincerely hope this holds true.
hello chapter 6 . 4/16/2012
Good Story but the americanisms are really annoying, I'm currently in the same year as Harry and I'm studying Chemistry, Biology and History. That's it. We do 2-5 subjects,usually 3 in a hell of a lot of depth rather than 10 superficially, also i know of no school that would have alive skills class for A-Level. oh and no mention is made of his GCSEs? I really do enjoy the story though, well done one of the most original I've seen.:)
Aurora-cs chapter 29 . 4/9/2012
After reading thus far, I thought it was just right that I leave a review for what is shaping up to be an excellent story. AU's are so often done purely so that the author can chain what they think was a glaring mistake or ommission - the most obvious example I can think of being who Harry ends up being with - but without much thought being put into it, so that what you end up with is a story where things go the way the author wants, but with little or no thought or consideration given as to exactly how and why they happen, leaving most stories not worth reading and thus hard to find one that has been done well. You, however, are an exception to this rule - you have written a story where everything that happens has a reason for happening and where they don't exist merely because of the whim of the author - the canon characters are different, but still recognisable as those in the books (the best being Snape getting past his dislike of Harry whilst still keeping his trademark sneer when dealing with pretty much everyone else, and also Dumbledore, who is so often written as being either exclusively good or bad with no shades of grey in-between) and your original characters are a joy, so often original characters are there just to steal focus and have no actual reason for being there, but there is no sign of that here - I particularly like the interactions between Mad-Eye Moody and the psychologist-guy (apologies for forgetting his name, but I can't flick back to the story right now and I'm terrible with names - ironic working somewhere where people wear name-badges) Lastly your story is intriguing without being confusing and I really like how you integrate the in-depth information, such as with the hummingbird animagius, so I certainly hope you continue, though since I'm only at this chapter I still have more to go :D (Oh, and the line-break problem with the site bugs me as well .)
TheZeitgeist chapter 39 . 4/9/2012
Does 10/24/08 mean MM/DD/YY, or YY/DD/MM?

Well whether its four years or 2, you should still update. I really like this story- even though I had to sift through so much garbage to find it. It takes a really good story to get on my favorites list, but about 8/10 stories are either abandoned or on an indefinite hiatus. Please tell me this story isn't...?

Its so hard to get nice material to read nowadays...
Phynixfire chapter 39 . 4/4/2012
Great story! cant wait for more! the twins watching(and getting ideas from) si-fi shows would make me run for the hills...wouldnt put it past those two to create a space ship after watching a few of those shows...not to mention the weapon and prank ideas they would get...will Harry be getting a space ship for Christmas?
RexNihil chapter 39 . 3/1/2012
I loved this story, and it was quite a novel concept to me, despite the numerous (and i do mean truly numerous) different HP fics I have read. You have brought a world I love back into existence in a new and fascinating way.

I saw that you plan on a sequel, or at least you did. I sincerely hope to see that sequel someday in the near future.
Kara Crane chapter 39 . 2/26/2012
I remember you! I still love your fic (honestly, the most 'unique' way of dealing with Voldemort I have ever read!) and I have anxiously been waiting (the past 4 years) for you to update/finish.

That being said, I also expect chap 40 to be as awesome as it's predecessors and truly EPIC in length!
Halatia Artemis Louise Potter chapter 39 . 2/20/2012
You're definitely remembered. In fact, I was just re-reading this story, and wondering when it was going to be updated, or if you've abandoned it. Please say you're not abandoning it! I love it! This is one of the most unique HP fics out there!
Saki-nee chapter 39 . 2/18/2012
WOw, you're good!
SessyFuchs chapter 39 . 2/9/2012
Heya

Just found this fanfiction and couldn't stop reading untill the last chapter. :) I realy like your writing style and your idea. Especially how you dealt with the treat from Voldemort. I laughed so hard I actually cried when I imagined the scene. The evil dark Lord tourmented by Teletubbys :D

And I realy realy wish for one of those Lightsabers. If BKE would be real, I knew I would buy those ;)

However I came to mention that this story wasn't updated since 10-24-2008.

Do you plan to continue? I would like to see how the Muggle World comes to accept Magic a.k.a. dark matter and likewise if Severus get his copy of the potions programm.

Greetings,

Dodecan

p.s.

Please forgive any mistakes in my review for I am not a native english speaker.
2,964 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »