Reviews for 15 minuits till midnight
Alice Shade chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
Well...

Ive skimmed though the story quite fleetingly, mostly because its... Well, not to well-written or taking.

What brought my initial attention on it, was mention of Russia in summary.

As far as I see it, there is a big amount of holes and outright silly things said.

For starters, Ill point out most obvious blunder.

"They boarded the plane and were off to Russia. It was a smooth ride, and it was fast. In 10 min. they were over the Atlantic. Then bye 15 min. they were well over England."

Lets see... Over Atlantis in the matter of half an hour, right? (101525 minutes. As you see, Im adding up extra five minutes for anything unexpected - one fifth of time you named, just for unexpected delays.)

Now... The width of Atlantic ocean in narrowest place is about 2800 km. (checked by Wikipedia).

Ill be so generous, as cutting it down to round 2500 km.

With that, we get what speed? 2500/30*6050 km/h.

50 km/h. (Thats around 4 mach)

Now... Im going to omit the fact, that in the plane, going with supersonic speed, there is NO sound at all, if we do not count the sounds inside the cockpit, themselves. SUPERSONIC... Sound of engines and air ripping is BEHIND the plane, plane is faster, then sound. Sleepy mucho, yet? You can hear, as the flies crawl over the ceiling.

Now, Im not expect on the aviation, but I do not think that any piloted craft ever gained that speed, ever. (Absolute record of speed is 3,529.56 km/h, on Blackbird (SR-71) plane. By the way, Blackbird also set a record time for travelling from New York to London - 1 hour 54 minutes and 56.4 seconds (Wikipedia strikes again))
Mike9 chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Interesting, has potential for some very interesting politics.

That said, and don't take this as an insult, Russia has a fairly good space program and would easily detect crashing material travelling through the atmosphere along with every other nation that has radar coverage for aviation. In addition they would probably send their own investigation team to the area. Politically also, the USA, Europe, and China would all send radar data to Russia to corroborate the source of the material because they don't want such an event to develop into a military situation.

Also I think your summary needs some fix 'KIm'.

Yes I do study politics

I like how the story has developed so keep it up. But simple mathematics and international military demands kill the idea of the situation developing. I'll stop now...

Hooray for story
ShadowKP1 chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Well this is a interseting fic. I will keep my eye on this one.
Undeclinable chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
good start, hope to hear from you soon