Reviews for The After Effect
aesthetically chapter 12 . 1/18/2014
While I was reading this, it got me thinking,why the hell didn't they use Phoenix Down for Zack? Nooooo. I kept crying so hard. I love this story it's too much pain for the kids and Tifa. And Aerith is for Zack, dammit. Stop making me so sad. /3 sigh. It's an amazing story though.
wavesync chapter 11 . 9/19/2010
really good story , shocking thoug but really good ! nice work !
KajiMori chapter 12 . 9/9/2006
Aw! It was sad, but I liked this ending more. It gave the story more closer and it just fit better. I can't wait for the one about Denzel and Merlene though. _
Nickernack chapter 2 . 8/21/2006
I like it so far but I haven't read much yet...
Nanashi Tsumura chapter 12 . 8/14/2006
I'm ok with both ends they have no will to live because they don't want to be seperated so cute ahh!
Niame chapter 12 . 8/14/2006
WO! YES! EMO-ENDING BLISS! .

I liked it! . . . It deffinately could have gone either way. I like both . .. . but I liked this one better .

*Much huggles to ska-chan* - Thank you love!
Niame chapter 11 . 8/10/2006
WO! . GO CLOTI! .

Heheh . . . I was kinda hoping for an emo ending . . . I've been into angsty endings as of late. I have no idea why either. But, I loved it nonetheless.

- Woo for finished fic! . - I shall give you a cookie!

*gives a cookie*
whitemagemeister chapter 11 . 8/9/2006
...I
Artemis Maxima chapter 11 . 8/8/2006
I very much enjoyed this story right up to the end of Chapter 10. I liked the concept, and the idea of Tifa posing as Aeris is one I have never seen done before. I was a little confused as to why they were killing each other, but the end of Chapter 10 cleared that all up.

The Epilogue put me off.

What's the point of their deaths if they can just be revived? Chapter 10 sets up a beatiful scene of lovers holding each other during their last moments before their souls rejoined the greater cosmos. Here are two people who have been through hell with and for each other, and at death it is satisfying enough just for them to be with each other. Their embrace gives the reader hope that their spirits can continue on together in the afterlife and that their love can keep them together forever and ever. That is satisfying and resolves the conflict of things coming between them, like Tifa asking if Aeris' pressense in the room while they are making love. She can't come between even by taking their lives. They are inseperable, even in death.

So what's the point if physical demise is expendable? The Epilogue undermines the previous chapter's moment of glory. Joining and going beyond together is the ultimate statement made by two lovers (think Romeo and Juliet). If someone can die and be revived over and over again, then how many times can they pass on with their partner? Or different partners? It's suppose to be special and unrevokable.

Just what are Marlene and Denzel learning about life and death here? Vincent, Barret and Yuffie all treat the bodies, the scene, as it's nothing. Yuffie says its gross, but what about the beauty that's suppose to be in the two being together in death? Chapter 10 made that moment important and it goes unrecognized by everyone else. Cloud and Tifa being dead is now funny because Denzel thinks they're zombies. Marlene is more focused on how weird the funeral is instead of grieving that she is at Cloud and Tifa's funeral. This is Denzel's second set of parents-dead, just like the first, and his moment of grief becomes...humorous?

I enjoyed this story up until the Epilogue, which just strips the meaning. It's great without it, so I don't even understand why it was tacked on. I'm posting this review not to be an ass and ridicule your story but to say that you had something good going and now it has no importance. Either leave them dead or don't have them die at all. Killing them and reviving them makes their deaths, and death itself, very meaningless.

Peace out.
Nanashi Tsumura chapter 11 . 8/8/2006
awesome really loved it write more!
SUCK MY COCK FANFIC.NET BAN ME chapter 11 . 8/8/2006
AWSOME!
elebelly chapter 11 . 8/8/2006
YAYAYAY! I UNDERSTAND! and i love it! i relly do! omg PLEASE write some more..this was fantastic!
tedus987 chapter 11 . 8/8/2006
i take back myearlyer comment, although next time try making it a hero being killed by a villen or a villen being killed by a hero ok
whitemagemeister chapter 10 . 8/7/2006
So...Tifa is possessed by Aerith while trying to act like Aerith, then Aerith possesses Cloud to kill Tifa, then possesses Tifa to kill Cloud? And how does this help Aerith be with Cloud? _ I'm confused. Oh well, Aerith was acting phsyco, so it doesn't really HAVE to. I loved how tragic the ending was! Gawd, it makes me cry! :'(

Anyways, great story! But now I wanna know what happens to the munchkins, Denzel and Marlene...
Niame chapter 10 . 8/7/2006
ZOMG! T_T *river'o tears* . . . . WAH! T_T

*sniffle* That was beautiful . . . but a bit creepy. Was that actually Aerith who killed Tifa and Cloud? Or was is Sephiroth? *One Winged Angel plays* BUHAHAHA! Although I highly doubt it . . . considering he's Square Enix's bitch and Cloud ALWAYS kills him. *shrug* But who am I to say? . . .

- UPDATE! *does the update dance*