Reviews for Be Careful What You Wish For
yellow 14 chapter 6 . 5/2/2010
Oh damn. This one really had me laughing. And interested at the same time. A shame it's on hiatus, but that's life. Very nice piece though, love the way the families were over the top, it fits nicely with Irma's wish. Keep writing. (Or should that be keep updating.)
lost prince chapter 6 . 5/5/2008
how can you do this?

how can put a story as great as this on hold?

guess I will have to read your other work

but really this story is more than great and you left it at a cliff hanger too

hope to see its ending
Erin Roberts Guardian's Light chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
So, Irma wishes to be more renouned as a Guardian. Can't wait to see how this backfires.
The Pastmaster chapter 6 . 6/27/2006
There, milady. I have aquired the time to read this to the fullest and I have one thing to say...

YOU FINISH TIS RIGHT NOW OR I WILL BE VERY UNHAPPY!
donki-shouben chapter 6 . 6/4/2006
This is all setup, but for what? I get the feeling, from reading your intros where you credit another for the story idea and also your ambivalent and even negative tone towards the whole thing, that you don’t know where this story is going either.

I've seen a lot of stories where someone has the initial idea, but then doesn't know where to take it, so the story just sputters out. Yours may or may not be one of those, but I'm just saying it looks like that right now.

It’s also more of a personal drama, rather than an action adventure.

Here’s some suggestions.

You should have started with a Guardian mission, where everyone treats them like celebrities. That would be where they experience the good side of the wish. They get on TV, MTV wants them for TRL, teen magazines want their advice for their readers, etc etc

But THEN the celebrity thing follows them into their personal lives. Then the cult of celebrity even ruins their Guardian work, endangering them and others.

So then you’ve got action, comedy, drama, etc, beginning, middle, ending, the whole package.
The Pastmaster chapter 3 . 6/1/2006
No, it wasn't this story I had read before but this is a very good story (Even though these first 3 chapters totaly creep me out) I have to read the rest tomorrow. And I will follow this with interest, your grace

The Pastmaster
Aimed mischief chapter 6 . 5/24/2006
OOh, nice! I totally loved it! Awesome work, hon! _*

Ps: Sorry for not reviewing earlier...didn't have time to read or review...forgive me? lol

Take care,

Belle
Senshi of Valis chapter 6 . 5/23/2006
I can so sympathise with Irma over everything that is happening. It is so easy to wish for something like that as she did without thinking of what will happen. I feel bad for Irma though feeling the way she does (though I can easily see her thinking stuff like that sometimes, everyoneone does including myself and it makes this story and Irma feel all the more realistic.) I love a good drama myself just as much as a good comedy so either way you decide to go will be great. Then again, if you even decide to take it off in a completely other direction I'll still be waiting for future chapters as I love this story so far and can't wait to see more.

Until Next Time,

Ja Ne
strayphoenix chapter 6 . 5/23/2006
You are completely and totally forgiven for not updateing sooner. I hope your family gets better and excellent chapter. I can't wait to see how it unravels. I think you showed yourself in boththe characters of Irma and Cornelia. Amazing!

-stray :)
DataIntegrationThoughtEntity chapter 6 . 5/22/2006
Hi there. Hum, your mood really is reflecting in the story.

anyways, I liked it. Hehe, Corny was REALLY mad. ;)

Great, so I'm going to be waiting for an update... I'm really writing a bad review here. Didn't know that was possible. E-Yeah.

Later!
Kay Celestine chapter 6 . 5/22/2006
Well, well, well. Cornelia and Irma are at it again. Figures. Well anyway, the story was good, especially the fighting scenes. So you wrote Reqium to Dream. Ah crap. I got 2 long stories to read. I will read it, just one day at a time. Toodles.

Hug Hug,

Kiss kiss.
xaddictedx chapter 6 . 5/22/2006
aw, poor Irmy...

UPDATE SOON!
Aesop chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
The story has a good premise, but the writing could use some work. Do you have anyone reviewing and editing your work? I've noticed that you are prone to malapropisms (using the wrong word) and your metaphors are sometimes confusing. It breaks the flow of the story if a reader has to back up and try to puzzle out what you're saying. Try to slow down a bit. After writing a chapter let it sit a day or two, then go back and reread it with a fresh eye. It helps.
TF22 chapter 6 . 5/22/2006
Hmm...I wonder how the rest of their day at school will go?

*gasps* Does this mean that they know about Irma's little school power? The one where she can kinda brain control the teacher?

(Sorry about your dad, brother and sister.)
Bibby chapter 5 . 5/9/2006
Oh yes Irma.

We all remember the Andrew Hornby incident. (Scary, 'cause my brother is called Andrew.)