Reviews for You Said
eeveekitty85 chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
I'd never really thought about the Lion King as a fandom with fanfiction before, but of course it makes perfect sense. The story is full of death and angst in a Disney way. I think this story was perhaps not the most angsty I've read, but the build up of emotions was spot on. It didn't seem over the top, and it left me feeling more than a little sympathy for Simba. Tiny niggle: 'the pride’s face'-should this be 'pride's faces'? Other than that, a very good story.
Safi Kittykat chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
*tear* poor simba... you're a good writer, keep up the good work!
Bittersweet x chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
Ususally when I say, "that was sad," it's an exxaggeration. This time.. I don't think it is. Poor Simba. Excellent job, keep up the great work.
Ochi chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
Hey, that was great, what with the word use, similes and everything.

But I must agree with your ending author's notes. I don't write under the angst category, so I don't mean that this one-shot was "practically happy for me." I just mean that I got the impression that Simba was sad (well, of course!) but I didn't actually feel the emotion running through me. I think that you could've intensified it a whole lot more. Because we must remember, Simba is pretty much devastated about his father's "empty" promise at this point of the story.

I would've really liked you to make a full length story about this. What you have here could've been expanded so much. But no, it was a great read. I just wanted to point that out. because y'know, with Simba and this topic, you can pretty much go all-out.

-Ochi
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
I thought it was great! Well done, I could totally see Simba feeling and thinking that way.
tongzoen chapter 1 . 5/2/2006