Reviews for It Never Rains But It Pours
flairina chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
Well, that was interesting. First chapter felt a bit rushed, but it was fun nonetheless. :)
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Kurama's Foxy Rose chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Ah, the good version. Straight from the english manga.

Good story so far, too.
Guardoflight chapter 3 . 1/15/2009
A new idea for a SM and Ranma 1/2 crossover, I have to say the senshi position she has is very realistic.
JustWriter2 chapter 3 . 11/5/2008
What's going to happen when Makoto, the other Sailor Jupiter comes out of the woodwork?

-JWchan
Asgeras chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Interesting little fic. I like it so far, and sincerely hope that you continue it.

I don't, particularly, like the fact that Ranma is so much older than the rest of the inners. As is, he/she would fit in a lot better with the outers. Somehow, I think Ranma would end up getting along with Haruka quite nicely. They both have that same act now, think later kind of attitude :P

I like what you've done with Ranma's whole gender issue. All too often, fukufics end up having Ranma accept his curse in an unconditional manner. In this fic, you don't exactly see that, even if you do have Ranma attending school as a girl. Ranma still, for now, identifies as a man. Good job with not writing the status quo.

I've alway though Ranma would make a good Sailor Jupiter, and you're doing a nice job with it. I like seeing how you've retained some of the canon for Sailor Jupiter (such as the cooking). It will be interesting to see if Ranma's attitude change, in regards to quite a few different ideas. After all, Ranma, essentially, is having part of a whole life crammed down his throat. True, it's a little disjointed, but it would still probably change quite a few preconceptions.

Well, that's it for now. I have to get going, but thanks again for the fic.
Blackdex chapter 3 . 3/24/2007
Not bad, I will keep an eye out for updates. Ciao
Innortal chapter 3 . 2/21/2007
Not a bad addition.
Aku-dono chapter 3 . 2/20/2007
Nice work, looking forward to more...

Just one thing.

"Ranma! Rei!" she heard Ami call out, sounding quite upset.

...did you mean "Jupiter, Mars"? Don't forget they're in their senshi guise, and Ami wouldn't do something stupid like accidentally revealing their civilian names!

Akuma-sama
Dragon Man 180 chapter 3 . 2/20/2007
Interesting story. I like Ranma being the Senshi of Jupiter. I do have to wonder how he'll deal with the future enemies. I can see him befriending Hotaru easily and Nodoka welcoming her into the home as a surrogate daughter. Oh man, Uranus and Neptune will probably find Jupiter to be a tough fight.
Jonakhensu chapter 3 . 2/20/2007
When Setsuna shows up and demonstrates her ability to NOT pose, Ranma will likely try to beat the answers out of her...
James Axelrad chapter 3 . 2/20/2007
interesting chapter
deathgeonous chapter 3 . 2/20/2007
Neatness.
TJG chapter 3 . 2/19/2007
Given the difficulty with magic shields or just magic in general, Ranma should consider sending a message to Cologne and Happosai to discuss what they know about magic, Sailor Jupiter, and anything bout magic that might involve electricity or storms in general. Another thing is to have Ami check her computer for any information about questions he has, since the computer would presumbly either come from that time period or at least be able to have information about that time period. Ranma might also consider looking up in science things related to storms and electricity, especially weapons, and see if he can adapt the magic attacks to use them.

As an example, he might come across the term "dense plasma focus" and use his electrical power to either directly or indirectly create a particle beam or a fusion particle beam. If necessary, it would mainly require two metal pipes and some clay to make. Similar ideas could be to make a really high-powered taser (perhaps using squirt guns with salt water to connect the circuit at range since water might not be repelled by a shield as the shield's user might not be able to talk or hear or breathe properly). Perhaps he could use the principles of a combination of electrochemistry and explosive technology. Then again, maybe even something like a railgun might be possible. It would help encourage Ranma with his studies and may even make him more a mad scientist than Ami though focussed on electricity.

In terms of techniques, he might want to experiment with using an electrical version of the dragon ascension techniques and the relationship with a natural tornado or hurricane (which may have electrical components too). In Naruto terms, they would be similar to the Rasengan if made small enough. Maybe even the Chidori without the annoying sound effect.
claymade chapter 3 . 2/19/2007
Really cool story! I especially enjoyed the little humorous touches that you added in-the bit about Kuno going from point A to point B was particularly choice.

Too often, transplant-to-Juban fics feature Ranma angsting about how supposedly horrible his life was back in Nerima; I like how you had him appreciative of the insanity, and how you avoided bashing on characters-even having Genma with a redeeming moment or two. I thought that was extremely cool, the way you had him save those kids.

It's interesting that you seem to be giving this a bit darker tone than the originals of either Ranma or Sailor Moon-more civilian casualties, etc. It seems a risky move, one that would have to be handled carefully depending on the degree to which you do or don't want to keep the "feel" of the story self-consistent and yet still recognizable to the source matterial. But it looks like it's playing out really well so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you work that dynamic.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »