Reviews for Morality
TideOfMelancholy chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
I like it a lot. You portray Gatts' loyalty towards Griffith very well.

I think you used the present tense well, to be honest I wouldn't have noticed something was different if you hadn't mentioned it first.

well done , keep it up
LadyMorgue chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Awesome- I liked this story, kinda wish there was more of it. I can totaly see this scene happening.
Star Queen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Umm. . . 's good. . . where you going with it tho? As a one-shot, it's not all that powerful. Still good, just doesn't bring anything fresh to the table. Constructive critism: make another chapter, perhaps focusing on either grif or guts's POV.

-Star Queen
Nameless chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
As always, you chose a fandom I know nothing of and I follow you out of curiosity to see what you've done this time. And you pull it off splendidly.

I think the present tense worked here - I didn't even realize you were writing in it until I had finished the story, so that means you pulled it off so well it seemed natural. And I developed a very clear picture of the two characters: Griffith, a man of power and influence, and Guts, a man of loyalty and war. You emphasized what each man was strong in, their relationship, and what was going on in less than 800 words and made it feel complete. Not bad at all.

In fact, I'd say very good!
SoujiroWannabe chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
I usually don't read one-shots, but there are so few Berserk fics out there that I had to try this one. Good writing (I liked the characterization and the 'scritch, scratch' lines), but it leaves me hungry for more (as all one-shots). Care to write a Berserk epic someday?
berserkgurl chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
nice one shot. there's not that much berserk fic out there so its always nice to run across one. i enjoyed the anime and manga alot hence the name. - so keep writing and i'll keep reading!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
This fandom is completely unfamiliar to me, but your writing is not. I love the tone you've set here and the characters you've drawn, and I will follow you down this road wherever you lead.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
Hi, LadyRhiyana!

This was a very interesting short story. Since you were experimenting with writing in present tense, I read it very carefully. I'm sorry, but it didn't seem to quite work out. Present tense is one of the most difficult forms of writing, and one that frequently bothers the reader, which is why it is so seldom used in fiction and when it is, it is almost always in short stories. It's just too disturbing to the reader to follow a long story written in present tense.

However, that said, your descriptions of both Griffith and Guts were superb. Your imagery was amazing. The characterization of Griffith made me shiver. It left me with the impression that here is a man who is both dangerous and driven. One who will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. And you made sure that I knew that while Guts was willing to let Griffith make most of the decisions, that did not mean that he was weak or powerless. No, he is simply well aware of his limitations, particularly where it comes to understanding the vicious nature of politics, and therefore accepts Griffith's guidance. The fact that you had Griffith ask Guts if he was willing to assassinate Count Julius was very interesting. It indicated that Griffith would not try to force Guts to do something he did not wish to do, and that showed a sensitivity that one might not expect in such a ruthless man.

Again, I'm afraid I know nothing of "Berserk," so I don't know anything about the relationship between Guts and Griffith. Neither do I know anything about Griffith's past. But I wanted you to know that while I don't think that your experiment in present tense was completely successful, this story still showcased your ability to craft wonderful stories.

BTW, I'm very sorry that it is taking so long for me to post the next chapter of "Kyuushutsu." I have been dealing with some very serious health issues, and have been in and out of the hospital twice in the last month, so I haven't been able to write very much. As this chapter is the climax of the story, I want to be able to focus on it. I'm afraid it will probably be another month before I will post the chapter. I'm sorry for taking so long and leaving my readers hanging. Please be patient with me. I promise that I will finish "Kyuushutsu." It's just taking much longer to do than I had expected.

Riana1 chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
You hit the nail on the head here, Guts's loyalty and Griffith's brillance, both diamond sharp and equal cutting.