Reviews for Branwyn's Bric à Brac
Ivanolix chapter 20 . 4/1/2007
ROTFLOL! This was perfectly executed and absolutely hilarious!
Raksha The Demon chapter 20 . 4/1/2007
Oh gosh; poor Faramir! The wonder is that he lasted so long before attacking the "annoying Halfling".

Very funny; a wonderful takeoff on Dr. Seuss!
Raksha The Demon chapter 21 . 4/1/2007
"But both are sadly battleworn." Sadly, too true.

This poem has an almost hypnotic rhythm to it, the one son, two son bit. Very well done.
Raksha The Demon chapter 15 . 1/9/2007
Good usage of language here, not to mention Faramir's Ranger training in addition to his native perception. This knowledge of his father's decline must have only increased Faramir's sorrow and the pressure that he felt.

Effective and poignant.
Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 1/9/2007
A subtle reminder of the Rohirrim's courage and sacrifice; in that they gave up these comforting touches of home so as to reach their ally's beleaguered capitol all the faster.
Raksha The Demon chapter 17 . 1/7/2007
A subtle and graceful drabble. Faramir would be aware of the inevitability of teaching youngsters to kill in slow steps.

And of course he would pity the animals he had to kill, and probably, when he had the luxury of time, the men as well.
Raksha The Demon chapter 19 . 1/7/2007
Gorgeous homage to Frost (and Boromir), with just the right patina of strength tinged by melancholy. The Yule songs are a fine touch.

Wonderful glimpse of the elderly Faramir, still strong of body and sharp of mind, remembering his lost brother.
Otter Seastar chapter 18 . 1/5/2007
Nice work! My favorite chapters were the ones on Deagol (neat foreshadowing with double meanings) and Thorin (m, brain candy! *giggle*) Hope to see more.
Raksha The Demon chapter 13 . 1/4/2007
How very sad.

Good insight into Faramir's thoughts during a time Tolkien left open for interpretation.

And points for originality with the geometry references!
Raksha The Demon chapter 14 . 1/4/2007
I feel sorry for the loremaster; he's really trying hard here!

Boromir was no fool, but he definitely had priorities in his studies.
Raksha The Demon chapter 18 . 1/4/2007
Hi ho! Hi ho! (runs from the axes of Thorin & Company)

Very well done!
Nari-chan SND chapter 19 . 1/4/2007
I remember reading the poem that this was based off of. I enjoyed re-reading it. Anyway, I liked this story. It was very descriptive and I could picture everything in my mind's eye. You really did a good job with this! Are you going to post more?

Nari-chan SND chapter 14 . 1/4/2007
Hah! Adverbs! That was really humorous. Poor Boromir. I liked it a lot! Well, I'm off to read more!

Nari-chan SND chapter 13 . 1/4/2007
Nice chapter. I really enjoyed the caomparisons of their family to a triangle. You did a good job... I could picture the triangle in my head. No doubt that it would be an obtuse one. Generally, I don't like geometry, but this was very enjoyable. Good job! I'm going off to read more!

Ivanolix chapter 14 . 1/4/2007