Reviews for White Dog Night
Mernom chapter 9 . 2/25
While interesting, the fic nexus makes it a bit difficult to figure out what to read when.
sangi chapter 9 . 11/4/2014
A really enjoyable and different Hinata/Naruto story. I really liked the way that this unfolded. I haven't read the companion pieces yet, but I will. Thanks for sharing with us.
Professor Donger chapter 8 . 6/3/2014
this needs a sequel
ranbo neal chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Great job with the characters...I especially like the idea that they had to come up with a jutsu. A fun chapter to read.
fidelisetespoireanoeldy chapter 9 . 3/16/2011
Mostly enjoyed this story and the lengthly chapters. Pretty decent and though I don't agree with a few of the character's traits in this story, this is soething I would read again.

-Fidelis
ivyspinners chapter 9 . 9/11/2010
Very cute. A natural progression of Naruto & Hinata's married life, Shinji and Irihi are adorable (even if Shinji would probably protest at me saying this), and the twins are even more so. I'm glad, after everything, Hinata finally gets her happy ending. And Naruto too, though that hasn't been examined as much; he and she both finally have a (slightly dysfunctional, counting Neji and Hanabi) happy family.
ivyspinners chapter 8 . 9/11/2010
You know what? I think I've run out of ways to say how much I adore this story... the character growth, the characters themselves, the effects, the hints of humour, your portrayal of Kyubi being spot on (instead of swinging between fuzzy warm critter and demonicforceofnature, because, being bonded to Naruto, it must have felt some of Naruto's feelings and become more (or less) than demonicforceofnature.)

Aha, I haven't written about your writing style yet, which I also adore. It's so smooth and flowing. Not lyrical or beautiful in the style itself (though what people say and think ARE) but I can't say enough how much the bits of humour inserted so often help, or the way you include detail, but it still flows so well...

BTW: Tsunade's test? Pure goodness. Every (Naruto) medic should have to go through this.
ivyspinners chapter 6 . 9/11/2010
Gah, LOVE Sakura here. And we finally see Naruto again :D They mesh together so well with everyone else, and with Hanabi and Neji.

Who are both completely IC - well, maybe not Hanabi, since she hasn't been shown enough in canon to actually have much of a character at all. Her loneliness is so touching, though.
ivyspinners chapter 5 . 9/11/2010
Ah, forgot to say, that I'm still not sure which Uchiha gave Hinata her staff... and, if it was Sasuke, just WHERE he would have got a staff like that from anyway (since I can't imagine Itachi, as he was back in '06, being interested enough in her to go out of his way to help)

CHARACTER VOICE! Absolutely awesome, Temari is JUST like this. Rough, strong, with just a hint of nurturing from her bond with her brothers and Naruto. And what she says during the fight is EXACTLY like her. And Hinata's growth is hinted very well at.

Speaking of the fight, I cannot say just how awesome it was. Again. I think you can just assume that I fangirl your fights.

The humour is, as always, utterly spot on. It comes just when it's needed, never fails to make me start laughing.

"Temari had never thought she could see an animal look so heartbroken as Akamaru did in that moment." And aww...
ivyspinners chapter 4 . 9/11/2010
Can I once again squee over the awesomeness that comes from your fight scenes? It's definitely some of the best fighting I have EVER seen.

That being said, I also loved the rest of the chapter - the aftermath of her leaving, and what it does to everyone. Canon is... very changed, from what she's done, and I really like that you've shown the shadow she casts from leaving behind. ANd the trial was AWESOME. I don't know how you've managed to show every single aspect of the characters, and even the unknown inquisitor, but once again, everyone was spot-on, and made me laugh at more than one point.

Especially that part about naked Hinata / Tenten. I'm just surprised that the adolescent (ie Neji) has never been tempted before...

"Uchiha only massacred his clan. Your daughter only betrayed her clan." Very right. I've always wondered about this... though the 'always' is probably because I read your fic so long ago that it subconsciously influences everything I've read since...

"Because there's no way a lowly outcast like me could stand up to a genius like you? Well, guess what: I just DID..." & the entirety of "Your stupid path says I should be afraid of you, because you're older and stronger!" I feel like I can't say enough just how IC everyone is, and how well you've portrayed them. Neji's inner jerkalogue, but also Naruto's openness, his beliefs, everything.

Hanabi... intrigues me. She's not in the story nearly as much as anyone else, we rarely have her POV, but her influence is so clearly felt. Yet something, despite her influence and clear power, I'm not sure what, keeps her from being Sue.
ivyspinners chapter 3 . 9/11/2010
Wow, this story is fast-paced, but it never misses out anything, does it?

The other people's POVs are great - it gives Hinata back a little mystery, a little control, after everything that's happened in the past two chs. And Naruto's thoughts on Hinata are so dead-on. Not quite a love interest yet, in the beginning of the ch, but trusting her, like in canon. And again, Hinata's interactions with everyone are so fun an interesting and resonate with her character.

Especially the poignancy in the Hinata & Hanabi scene. And the team bonding Hinata & Shino scene. Ok, fine, I like them all!

But as smart and funny as parts like the Kakashi & Kurenai bits are, my particular, particular favourite are the two Neji & Hinata interactions. The first, when she activates the seal, shows just how much she has already changed in the short time since WDN, and from her tears, how much has stayed the same. The hints of Neji/Tenten, how he misunderstands just why Tenten is gasping at him, displays perfectly yet another advantage that Hinata has over Neji.

From the second, the entirety of this line: "I have found that using the Byakugan...she has never known the fear of nearly losing you, until now." is amazing. It was so spot-on that it rang in my head for ages after reading it.
ivyspinners chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
That first section "There was something warm and wet repeatedly flicking against her cheek...maybe she was better off taking her chances here and now." gave me shivers the first time I read it, and it still makes me stop now.

Your take on the Hyuga politics is one I absolutely agree with, though I've always thought Hanabi might be somewhat more firecracker than the coolness she displays here. And Neji *sighs* I'd forgotten what he could be like, but this brought him out in all his (in)glory.

Hinata, you have, again, nailed perfectly. She speaks "softly", but not all the time, not enough for the word to be annoying - it feels just right. And that she freezes up is horrible, but still what she would have done before the preliminaries. But I ADORE that part showing her protecting Akamaru, and getting Kiba's headband back. Especially in light of recent (sort of) events in the manga, she really shines when she has that goal.

But what I liked most are those fight scenes. They... flow... so well. You are amazing at writing them, getting the details in without going overboard, making it just as exciting as watching it in the anime, and more exciting than reading it in the Naruto manga.
ivyspinners chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
You know what? I told myself "enough procrastinating, and review already" because this has been on my favs since I first read it, back when it was still being updated, and I feel horrible now for waiting so long.

In this chapter, in particular, the triangle thing is GORGEOUS. You have the Naruto/Hinata and Kiba/Hinata hints (or morethanhints) EXACTLY as I imagine they would have been pre-chunin exams. Naruto hasn't got a clue, but he's still so cheerfully willing to help... though I'm not really sure why he's streaking at night at all... and Kiba's rough-and-ready style is JUST how I imagine him. The rest of Team 8 interaction here is wonderful, too: Shino's way of talking without saying everything, and Kurenai's way of weaving together the team.

That scene with Kakashi's genjutsu was AWESOME. It really brings out Hinata's character - which you have nailed in this ch. She's shy and timid, but not AS shy and timid and stuttering as some other fics render her, and she has her moments of assertiveness as well.

And I LOVED the humour here, the way it sneaks in/is created. The bickering between Naruto and Kiba... Hinata's crush... the omake (and the way it ties into the chapter)... This chapter got me hooked straight off.
Rico Rio de Janeiro chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Love the omake flower pots!
OnlyTheBest123 chapter 9 . 4/4/2010
I can't believe this story does not have more reviews! The beginning was so sad but I'm glad that, in the end, Hinata is getting the happy ending that she deserves.