Reviews for The Fall of Fingolfin
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Fingolfin was a good king. Great poem.
Duilin chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
A wonderful poem to accompany a great event in the history of Middle-earth...
Mornen chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
That was actually a good poem! I really liked it. Um, yes, I am so bad at writing reviews, but it was wonderful.
Mirach chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Beautiful poem!
Queen Elbereth chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
*cries* This is so sad. Poor Fingolfin. Sad, but beautiful. I absolutely love it. You have such a gift with poetry. I am really glad that you're putting to good use. Thanks!
Sunsong chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
I could almost believe I've read this somewhere...as in somewhere in the _Silmarillion_.
Mouse chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
This is awesome! I usually have a horrible time with poetry, but this is so clear, so simply powerful. My favourite part in the Silm, and I think that you have done it justice. Beautiful. Compliments!
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 4/10/2002
'Yet no mere song could ever hold

Their grief, they mourned for Fingolfin'

Well, this one almost does.
Philosopher At Large chapter 1 . 4/6/2002
This is a ballad just waiting for a tune. I'll try to think of one to match up with it.

Then it will be a filk, too!
Le Chat Noir chapter 1 . 3/21/2002
Hum. Now I'm lacking in synonyms for 'wonderful'. I'm impressed by your 'large' -that's the least one can say- amount of vocabulary. I've seen a lot of illustrations of the Fall of Fingolfin, but that's the first poem I've ever read about it !
fisksa chapter 1 . 9/28/2001
Wow... just, wow. I can't believe this didn't get more reviews (I guess because, sadly, no one reviews poetry except other poets or weird people who read poetry all the time _). Your grasp of language and rhyme/syllable matching stuff (for lack of a better word; my vocab is on the fritz at the moment) is just amazing! I love the Silmarillion to absolute death, and this poem captures *perfectly* the image I had of Fingolfin vs. Morgoth. Fingolfin's so brave, yet so hopeless... sort of like Turin (except for the fact that I love Fingolfin, but really hate Turin because of Beleg...). Anyway. Your style-so, as another reviewer commented, "Tolkienish"-is awesome: sounds really archaic and mystical. I can actually see Legolas or someone in the Third Age singing this (by the way, is there a specific tune to sing it to like with some of your other poems?) Anyway, enough out of me, I'll shut up now. Kudos, and more poetry please!
Imp chapter 1 . 6/24/2001
That was very well done. Very "Tolkien-ish", for lack of a better priase or word.
C. Taylor chapter 1 . 6/16/2001
Tolkien's works are so meant for poetry like this..more! more! ;)
miss.daydreaming chapter 1 . 5/23/2001
Fabulous! It really captures the mood of the story. Definetly one for my favourites list