Reviews for The Prodigal
Guest chapter 2 . 4/9/2013
It is a great shame that this story is not finnished. I have read it three times and belive that it is the best Blade Runner fanfic that I can find!
PrisCTM chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
I read, and reviewed, this story several years ago - and I still never stop checking back in, every so often, to see if it's updated. The brilliance of how you were able to write convincingly within Roy's mind is still breath-taking; I adore his tender passion with Pris, her innocence and playfulness also amazingly captured. As do I enjoy Zhora's feisty attitude, and Leon's child-like demeanor. The other two Replicants were also well-written, although there is some thing lacking about the one named Jack - perhaps this is only because he pales in comparison to Mary. I cannot get the image of Tilda Swinton, from David Bowie's new single "The Stars Are Out Tonight", out of my mind for Mary when I re-read this. If ever you continue, by some chance, I'll be the first in line to read it!

Pris
BodyElectric chapter 2 . 2/15/2012
You are able to win the reader over for you. Your character description is believable, you create atmosphere and you made me think. I think you got talent for writing.
Xenon chapter 2 . 12/31/2009
This is terrific. Really good work. I love how you show the changing nature of the replicants, as they come more to terms with their developing emotions. You do a very good job illustrating Roy. Well done.
Pris x chapter 2 . 9/27/2009
Once again, wonderful chapter. It has me thinking, and wishing this had been apart of the actual movie... anyhow, I suppose you're aren't much up for continuing this, are you?

I dearly wish you would; I'd love to read more, that's for sure. I really love each and everybody's reactions, and personalities - especially those of Roy, and Pris (with Zhora as a third favourite).

I sort of find it amusing that Mary and Roy don't get along, even though they were originally meant to be together in original drafts of the script (with Mary obviously inspired from Mrs. Baty in the book) - I think this is a much more realistic way of how those personality types would get along though, over what had been intended from the book and original scripts.

I find Pris so very adorable here, so very innocent and naive... I love how you capture Roy's personality, morals and thoughts here - so very well done, very beautifully written work this is.

...I suppose I cannot say anything to "make" you continue, but I hope my words might therefore encourage you to perhaps consider continuing. :)

~Pris
Pris x chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Being a BR fanatic (and personally loving Roy and Pris), I was absolutely delighted in finding this story. For one, I love the point of view being very close to that of Roy, and how each of them are described with their own personalities. I'll definately be reading the next chapter very soon. I could understand Roy's confusion at the murder of the child, and being a 'monster' in his own eyes... good job.

~Pris
33rdBlackbird chapter 2 . 5/18/2009
I am completely enthralled. You've done a great job evoking the struggle between childlike emotions trying to catch up with a too intelligent mind. I'm curious if your mention of only a Nexus 6 could succeed in hunting them down was on purpose. Anyways, great stuff - can't wait to read more.
vanorange chapter 2 . 6/18/2007
Brilliant! I liked every line of it. Looks like the author has a crash for Pris - she is sometimes more alive than Roy!
Ldihawk chapter 2 . 3/25/2007
Another excellent and exciting chapter! Your dialogue for the Replicants is well-written for both the male and female characters and never feels forced! The tie-in of the dove/bird at the end of the chapter(with the image at the end of the film) was also very insightful. You know the characters very well and it shows in your writing!
Angeldustedthatfreak chapter 2 . 2/27/2007
I love it! Please make more!
CubbiesFan1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
I really enjoyed this...any more in the future? The descriptions of the characters and devling into Roy's feelings were very well done. It made you realize why they did what they did, but just like at the end, they didn't necessarily LIKE what they had to do.

The only error I saw, and it was minor, was towards the beginning when Zorah called Roy by his last name, Batty. It has always been my understanding that the replicants always referred to each other by their first names...I could be wrong, because its been a number of years since I saw the movie or read the book.

Keep up the good work, I'm going to check your profile for any more stuff.
Ldihawk chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
"How can I be proud, I'm only what they've made."-Excellent! Your characters were extremely well fleshed-out and overall this piece was well-written and exciting! You found the right balance between the kind of primal quality, fierce intelligence and developing compassion of Roy Batty and captured Pris' sense of mischievous curiosity combined with her raw sexuality. Very well done!