Reviews for Manhood
LILFOC chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
wow this was just amazing!
I find it so appropriate that at the end it was piccolo who came to him, he probably understand what gohan is talking about the best other than maybe Vegeta
good representation of the human race
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Yeah, Gohan definitely has a darker side. Probably all that repressed trauma. I disagree that feeding your sharks is the best way to control them, but I think its really goif that Gohan is acknowledging them and accepting them as part of himself.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
The last sentences...holy...so intense...yet so true!
vegeta's chew-toy chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Wow, just wow. This was a very powerful insight to Gohan's character and thoughts. Before this I haven't come across any fics that delve into Gohan's... " dark side" accurately. Heh, or something. This is an amazing story.
the grey mage chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
oh snap.
Riverterra chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
I can see gohan as this kid, I like its unlikely and they would never show it in the show, but I can see this. I think the biggest thing that I didn't like about GT was how they made Gohan this meek little doctor (I think he was a doctor, it been awhile) everyone has a darkside we don't show, if anything I agree that it probably can from gohan's human half. This is a beautiful story.
Arisu Tsuranu chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
. .

That was THE most INTENSE Gohan-fics I have EVER read. I got chills, shivers down my spine, goosebumps (which is saying something since I'm right next to a heater) and my heart was beating fast.

Gohan was indeed angry...he was indeed savage...oh my god...I'm still in amazement. How you wrote this story, how you portrayed Gohan...I love it...I feel sorry for Allen and extreme anger at Dale and those other bastards, I'm shocked speechless. This story was amazing and powerful.

You, my fellow writer, are one HELL of a writer. You get the details down so perfectly, your way of wording and writing sucks me deeper into the story. I see everything like a movie and I'm just AWED. Gohan's dark side is never really truly seen in most fanfics, it's always the emo or happy-go-lucky one, and I'm terrified of this side of Gohan, he's INTENSE.

I agree with Gohan (in actuality YOU when I think about it) about everyone having a shark inside us, feed it and it won't attack. I'm just speechless, I'm left sitting in shock, tearing up and terrified, awed and grinning all at the same time. This is the first time I've felt this way while reading a story. You are one talented writer.

One word left me as I finished this story: WOW...

Bravo, sir, just BRAVO.
Vivionne chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
I'm really suprised that I haven't found this fanfic earlier and I really do regret it. Even though you thought that Gohan was OOC in your eyes, I really didn't think he wasn't. It's probably because we haven't seen much of Gohan during his early teen years (or his dark side for that matter)during and after the cell saga. But then there's fanfiction to turn to see more of it. Apparently there isn't many of those stories that are really enjoyable. There are a few that do but yours is the best I've read. It's been a while since reading a fic and then constantly thinking about it after finishing it (I read it last night). I love how you compare a person's dark side to sharks.. as well as the characterizations of the OCs plus the interaction with Gohan and Piccolo in the end. I have to look into some of Dean Koontz's books when I have the time. You really do have a talent for writing. )
Evolved chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Jesus Christ...!
Tain Shari chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
Very, very interesting.

faved
CerberAsta chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
...no words can describe this. You explained everything perfectly... the philosophy behind it was true to the point of horrifying...
dragonfire onna chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
That was awesome... I never would have thought that Gohan would be one to kill an animal, but you made it believable. This was well-written. I wish you would continue writing DBZ fics, but I realize that people outgrow things. Hopefully you still write as a hobby though because you've got talent.
Dot Warner chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Wooh. Powerful stuff.

Gohan's dark side is an aspect that's very seldom dealt with in fanfic, and even rarer is it done in a way that's this believable.

fav.
Author-sama chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
Gee...very vivid...powerful...I probably should've looked at the rating before I read this...
Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat chapter 1 . 4/28/2004