Reviews for The Broken Table
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Ah, there we are. That answered my long-asked question. If Edmund did not know about it, then had Peter ever known about Aslan's sacrifice? For the books gave us nothing that cleared this up. And in VDT, Ed told Eustace that Aslan was the one who saved him. Now, I'm not sure if he means from being killed in The Stone Table by Jadis, or Aslan's sacrifice itself. So I can't help but wonder, was Edmund ever told of it? If not, how did he find out? It seemed to me in the other books after LWW that he already knows, or like I've said, from the way he talked to Eustace about it; hearing his words, like he had known for a long time... or something like that. And of course, there's this: The Stone Table itself! I've also always asked myself, this could not have possibly escaped his and Peter's atention, could it? So surely they themselves will wonder why on earth it is broken in two! So you're absolutely right. My, dear me, thank you so much for writing this! It did more than fill the gap or answer the question (or questions, in my case. Haha!), it made me understand the while meaning of what Aslan did even more. His death and coming back to life is not a story that should be hidden, but proclaimed. The knowledge of it should be spread, witnessed, and borne by everyone. As you have borne and witnessed it in your heart, so should others... Wow! :) God bless you, and again, wonderful fic!
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Wow, that thought had never occurred to me. I just thought everyone knew... Obviously I need to read the /book/ again.
snowstargirl chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
What a great idea, and a marvelous missing moment! I don’t think I’ve seen a story wherein Edmund knows before Peter finds out.

It’s neat that you had Alsan tell Edmund in advance… It seems like Edmund should have known; that Aslan would have told him, so that he could understand what a great sacrifice had been made for him. (It’s interesting that that’s not illustrated in the books, as Edmund makes such a significant change. It makes sense that Edmund would have been given the idea that the Lion might have had to die for him beforehand, and given it by Aslan, too… I think it would have carried more weight for Edmund that way.)

It was brave and honorable of Edmund to want to tell everyone what had happened at the Stone Table, and wonderful of his family to be there for him. It must have been so difficult for him to keep such a secret for so many years.

I loved the ending to your story; there definitely should have been a Narnian celebration for Aslan’s sacrifice!
Window2MySoul chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
this was very nice. i liked how you had edmund know already. very original. great job.
Bundibird chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Not quite as good as the other ones i've read of yours, but it was still better than average. :)

I liked that ed had sort of guessed what had happened - mostly in FF's he never finds out or he had no idea til someone told him. i like also that he told everyone - i think everyone should know too. It was a big thing, what He did, and i'm glad ed told everyone about it.

Love Bundi
Inactive1357 chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
A good story. A first fic? Not quite as polished as your others, I think, but still nice. I'd always assumed that Lucy and Susan had told Peter and Edmund as soon as the battle was over... but then, I guess they were pretty busy with the aftermath. Thanks for writing.
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
I love it. It's so. . . well, any story about Edmund has a special place in my heart. Not only that, but the way you presented your ideas were perfect.
Capegio chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
Very nice. I liked Ed's contemplativeness...is that a word? Probably not. It is now. In any case, it really showed off that he'd grown from the bratty kid he was at the beginning of Lion. :)
trecebo chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
Verdy goot. I'll ditto the others in that you handled this well. No over dramatics or such, just pure, simple love and you nailed it.
Almyra chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
Wow, this is terrific! What a well-written, thoughtful story. I liked it very much. It is an interesting take to have Peter be the one in the dark, and I think it worked quite well. Your characterization was excellent, as was the language - very in keeping with the books and canon. I tend to prefer that, and you did a great job.

The closing bit about them commemorating it as an Easter-type celebration was fantastic. It fit very well - settled in perfectly as part of the actual canon. Not many stories do that.

And for some odd reason, Peter whistling through his teeth just gave me the giggles. I loved it! I can just see him doing that.

Thank you for this story! It's going on my favorites for sure.
staysweet1214 chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Love it still! Do write more! I really enjoy reading it! Good job! God bless! )
InactiveNotUsed chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
This is a very good story indeed - it addresses one of the key problems with the Narnia canon; how does Edmund know? I've seen it handled a number of ways, but I think Aslan telling Edmund it might be necessary is one of the better ways.

You've managed to capture the tone of the four Pevensies very well in this work, their characters certainly seem believable and entirely realistic.

The one suggestion I might make is that it might be as well for Edmund to be a small amount of denial about it - his line "will you help me to bear it?" suggests this, but I think making that more explicit might aid the tale a little.

Still, this is an excellent story and I like it a lot.
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
I like the way that you did this, I too have seen to many fics that have Edmund taken by surprise at the news, and I am glad to see one that has him guessing beforehand.
Sentimental Star chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
::smiles:: Very nicely done, m'dear. I've seen fics where everyone but Edmund knows about Aslan's sacrifice, yet never once (until now) have I really seen a fic that details *Peter's* not knowing it, while Edmund has his suspicions and the girls, of course, know. I really, really liked Edmund's character here. Very mature, very clear-sighted, and very strong. I quite liked that it was he who decided that the Narnians ought to know, and subsequently from this, came a celebration and the story.

Wonderful work!