Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 177 . 3/6/2011
You're already on my alert list so no worries there Looking forward to seeing what changes you make and everything.

On the chapter, I think either Guthwyn was is so 'damaged' by what happened to her that she cannot empathize with Hammel and Haiweth too well, or she doesn't give them enough credit. Both are observant, but I get the feeling Hammel in particular knows a lot more than he lets on.

DFC
Alpha Eridani chapter 177 . 3/6/2011
In the last two chapters Guthwyn finially became aware of some of her and the childrens problems...I hope she will continue like this.

Thanks for the update!
maya chapter 177 . 3/6/2011
thank you for updating!
Alpha Eridani chapter 176 . 2/16/2011
I've been following your story for some time (sorry for hardly ever reviewing...I know I'm lazy) and I don't think I will ever tire of it.

I liked this chapter very much, because I do hope that Guthwyn will recover soon...I feel so sad about her difficult relationship with "her" children.

I also hope, that Legolas will help Guthwyn to recover, but I can't warm to the idea of them being in love with each other...personally I'd like the royal family of Dol Amroth to reappear and for Guthwyn to reconcile with Elphir.

I'm curious whom Guthwyn will marry in the end.

well, I hope Guthwyn's life will change dramatically for the better, but I would enjoy reading another 170 chapters of this story :)
Andi-Scribbles chapter 176 . 2/14/2011
Jesus, Guthwyn.

Plus points for getting some of that bottled up frustration now, but how many times do the people you love have to point out that your clinging to the past will HARM your children?
eha chapter 176 . 2/14/2011
keep going I love it all
jazsqr chapter 176 . 2/14/2011
Congrats on surpassing 800 reviews. It is well deserved.

Another setback for Guthwyn. The woman just can't catch a break.
Fineas chapter 176 . 2/14/2011
Hey, I was really happy to see another chapter up. :)

So it's interesting to see the other characters moving on with their lives, while Guthwyn is still caught up with events over a decade old. But i feel like things are getting a bit repetitive again.

Guthwyn keeps encountering the same conflicts with her opinion and other people's, and she keep responding to them with the "all sex is rape" argument. I just feel like I'm not seeing enough of her, I know there's more to her than this paranoid, defensive side, but I haven't seen anything else for sooo long.

Also, what is her logic with her rape experience anyways? It seems like she knows that she was raped and it was a crime, but at the same time she acts as though what Haldor did to her was normal, like it's what every married couple does, like every sexual act is forced and every man is a rapist. I mean, I know she's not well educated, but how can she believe in two very conflicting concepts at once?

So I'm quite eager to read how the legolas situation keeps on developing. Update soon! :)
EmilyJernsen822 chapter 176 . 2/14/2011
Wow, what a quick update! I'm thrilled! This really has gone much further than what an epilogue traditionally is. I mean, Guthwyn really is nowhere close to being able to call herself "recovered," is she? And you've introduced entirely new conflicts and subplots, I think this can no longer be classified as an epilogue. As to the naming, I feel like making a whole new trilogy would be slightly confusing. At that point, just make it into something like, "The Rohan Pride Chronicles." (Does that sound strange? Is "Chronicles" and awkward word to put in the title?) And also, while I feel that nearly 200 chapters is getting a little out of hand for one story, I am loathe to suggest that you make a new one. I feel so attatched to this one, and even though I knoew it's the same storyline and everything, I'm just too afraid to part with this. Now, about this chapter and the story specifically:

I am getting a little frustrated with Guthwyn. Actually, I'm getting very frustrated with Guthwyn. I guess that goes to show that your characterization of her is impressive, because while I feel so sympathetic towards her, I'm fed up with her. The story is called recovery- I need her to recover! This is in no way a grievance I have with the story. Things would be unrealistically perfect if Guthwyn got over everything so quickly and without a single emotional scar. But still, I need her to make just a wee bit more progress. It's strange, it's like I actually know her. Also, I really, really miss Eomer and his family. I was absolutely loving the strife between him and lothiriel, and with Elfwine caught in the crossfire... Anyway, I'm positively begging you, please give us more Eomer/Lothiriel/Elfwine soon. Please.

As always, though, an excellent chapter. Do update as soon as you can!
Rathnier Nithvolr chapter 176 . 2/14/2011
An extremely fascinating chapter!

You portayal of the internal turmiol and agony of Guthwyn is very realistic, and very close to home for me. As a brother to my sisters, my blood boils everytime I think of what Guthwyn went through.

You really should make this into another trilogy (seperate from the first trilogy section) cuz this story is soooooo good it deserves it!

Oh No! Is Guthwyn dying?

Cliffhangers and I have a love/hate relationship. P

Keep it up! I look forwaed to reading more soon!

Rathnier
Dejsha's World chapter 176 . 2/14/2011
Wow, this was a great chapter. I liked the tea instructions, and the talk with Cobryn.

I thought of an idea, what about calling the trilogy "The Rohan Pride Chronicles?"

I loved the chapter and I can't wait for an update,

Ariana
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 176 . 2/13/2011
Wow that was fast. Anyway it seems like Guthwyn is tumbling a step back for every stride she goes forward. :( Poor Haiweth.

As for the titles...lol yeah this is more than an epilogue, it's a whole new series! XD I suggest that you leave the original three as a trilogy and write Recovery and the following in to a new trilogy. Rename it and so on. :)

DFC
Katara97 chapter 175 . 2/10/2011
This is an extremly addicting story, and you have fueled my addiction. ;) Loved this chapter, and I am eagerly awaiting the next.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 175 . 2/10/2011
Oooh, Legolas AND a ball... this will be exciting!
Dejsha's World chapter 175 . 2/10/2011
This was a great chapter. I liked Guthwyn's conversation with Cobryn, and I'm glad that she's on the road to 'Recovery.' This was a great chapter, and I hope you update soon.

Ariana