Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
dudes chapter 173 . 1/16/2011
Please, please, please don't turn Guthwyn into a jerk.

And the story is progressing far too slowly for the infrequency you update with, IMO.

Just saying! I really like this one and it's very good. Just some points, haha :)
omgitsalexmarie chapter 173 . 1/4/2011
Oh, I really hope that this doesn't cause a huge rift between Guthwyn and Haiweth. I can see why Gunthwyn is so concerned with Haiweth's admirers, but I think she needs to take Cobryn's advice and calm down a little bit. I'm curious as to how the Gondorians are going to behave towards Guthwyn and, of course, I can't wait for the ball!

Hope your holidays were good too, thanks, and happy new year!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 173 . 12/30/2010
Thanks for the review reply! I had a great holiday and hope you did as well :)

As for this chapter... tsk tsk, when will Guthwyn realize that in games of human strategy, Cobryn is a master? I guess she thinks Hammel just alienated himself, but of course nobody wants to recognize their own responsibility in it when things like that happen. I just hope Cobryn prevents her from acting like an avenging harpy around Haiweth's admirers... her reputation can't stand much more from the Gondorrians-which, I'm hoping-have mostly forgotten the old gossip and respect her as a Lady of Rohan. Not too hard to extend admiration from the Slayer of the Witchking to her friendly sister...
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 173 . 12/29/2010
Haiweth won't be pleased with this :( Oh Guthwyn you really are impossible to argue with sometimes...

DFC
jazsqr chapter 173 . 12/29/2010
Boy, this just has disaster written all over it, doesn't it? It's understandable why Guthwyn would be so protective, but her stubborness to heed counsel gets her in trouble time and again. Hopefully she doesn't do something too damaging this time.
omgitsalexmarie chapter 172 . 12/23/2010
...Words cannot begin to describe how awesome your stories are and how excited I am to have found them. I first came across the epilogue while searching through communities that displayed some of the longest stories written on FF. When I saw that there was a LOTR story over 800,000 words, I was so excited (you have no idea how psyched I was!). I was about to read it when I realized that there were more books-so I started reading the first part of Guthwyn's tale.

It's taken me a couple of weeks to read everything and I just finished what you have written for the epilogue so far last night. I can honestly say that this is probably the best written story I have ever read on FF. I have only seen a few spelling/grammar errors, and the plot is amazing. Personally, I like that you added so much detail into the story- I think it helps the story progress better and it gives me more to read! :)

I can't wait for the next update (no kidding, I have been whining to my little sister about wanting to know what happens next all day)! Oh, and I particularly like the parts in which Legolas and Elfwine interact so I hope that you will write more parts with them sometime in the future! Seeing Legolas referred to as "Leggy" always make me laugh. :)

Thank you for your beautiful stories!
Fineas chapter 172 . 12/19/2010
I've read your story from beginning till now, and I thought maybe it's time to leave a review. :)

I really enjoyed the plot, the confrontations, the conflicts that you put your characters through. It's what keeps me reading and wanting to find out more. And this is one of the few fanfictions I can find that actually has great characterization. Your characters are believable, unique, logical, but unpredictable too.

The only thing is that, like some other people mentioned, there was a looong period of no development. I understand that it takes a long time for someone like Guthwyn to recover from the kind of trauma she's been through. It's also great that you want to keep it realistic. But I find it unnecessary to bring the reader along for every little event, since it's repetitive and rather frustrating. I think it may make more enjoyable reading if we're told what happens in a shorter way. For example, maybe have Guthwyn think the summary of the events in her head, or show us what Cobryn said to Eomer about Lothiriel's crimes. It'll give people the idea of how much Guthwyn need to suffer before she recovers, but keep out the stalling in the story.

By the way I like the parts where other characters tell Guthwyn to "get a spine". XD Reminds me of some reviews I've read here.

Also, (this may or may not be considered a plot hole) I found it weird that Guthwyn is so thin and malnourished and tired, yet she still manages to hold her own against well fed, stronger, more experienced men in a sword fight? As a really thin person I can say that I'll get out of breath and sore after 10 minutes of swinging a sword around. It just doesn't make sense, even if she's got talented genes, strength comes from food, and muscles.

I just spent a bit of time criticizing, but there's tons of stuff I love about this story to go against the two things up there. I am pretty excited for the next chapter. And I'm proud to say that I predicted a Legolas/Guthwyn thing about 140 chapters back. ;)
jazsqr chapter 172 . 12/16/2010
I like the confrontation between Hammel and Faramir. He is certainly quite temperamental.

It would seem everyone is aware of Legolas and Guthwyn's non-relationship except for them.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 172 . 12/14/2010
Great chapter! Of course, we all know Hammel saw/sees much more than they give him credit for...

Might Elphir make a suprise appearance? He is one loose end I have been thinking about for a billion chapters since his completely jackass-y exit!

And yay for winter balls! Coinciding with our own Christmas season :)
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 172 . 12/14/2010
Poor Faramir! He hardly gets any breaks in this series. I wish we knew more of what Hammel is thinking sometimes. He is a good character and an intriguing one. I'm sure there's a lot in his head...

DFC
Brynhilda chapter 172 . 12/14/2010
A ball in Minas Tirith, now that's great news !

It feels so good to be back in Emyn Arnen :)

I'm glad that you updated about the children, Cobryn, and the others.
cancerthekinkycrab chapter 171 . 11/15/2010
I'm so thrilled that you updated! I've been following this story for quite a while, but I'm afraid I'm not in the habit of reviewing so I kept forgetting to give my opinion. This story is beautifully written, and although I am usually a fan of lothiriel's, this story has portrayed her in a fascinating light, and though she has committed almost every vile act she possibly could against Guthwyn, I still find myself feeling sorry for her. I can't wait for some scenes between Lothiriel, Elfwine, and Eomer, because I miss them. Is there a serious confrontation on the horizon? I do hope you update again soon so I can find out!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 171 . 11/15/2010
Ouch. realisation is hitting poor Leggy pretty hard. I REALLY want to know what Ranieon's deal is...

DFC - Liz
kycatsfan chapter 171 . 11/15/2010
Hmm, now this is interesting. Legolas' feeling are already deeper than I thought. I can't wait to see how everything is going to work out because I, like Legolas, think Guthwyn would be terrified to learn of where his thoughts had been when he was saving her from falling out of the tree. She may be learning to be friends with him, but I still think she is a long way away from any type of romantic feelings for him. I know that is probably where you are headed with this story, so I can't wiat to see how you get her to that point. I bet there are going to be some interesting scenes between them in the coming chapters. I hope you find the time to update soon.
My Silver Angel Wings chapter 171 . 11/15/2010