Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
Andi-Scribbles chapter 169 . 10/6/2010
Well, I can't say I feel much sympathy for Lothiriel. The majority of it goes to Elfwine... poor thing. It's like a middle-earth version of the messy divorce.

Anyway, I hope Guthwyn can realize her feelings are entirely more than respect or acceptance of Legolas...
Brynhilda chapter 169 . 10/6/2010
Yay, nice new chapter ! Thank you very much for taking the time to update despite your more urgent occupations. As usual, I'm already hoping for the next chapters...
kycatsfan chapter 169 . 10/6/2010
I was so glad to get to see a scene with Elfwine. I've missed the little guy. OH MY GOSH! I can already imagine Guthwyn's reaction when Elfwine asks her what rape means. I hope that comes in the next few chapters because the anticipation is already killing me. I was so excited to see that you'd updated. I was really missing this story. This morning I had planned to go back and read some of my favorite parts, but a new chapter is even better. Please get the next one up soon. I can't wait to read it.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 169 . 10/6/2010
Elfwine is so adorable! Although that question of his will cause a lot f problems for poor Guthwyn...

Squee! Legolas is soooo attentive and nice! OMG I can hardly wait to see where this all goes. :)

And don't worry, college kicks everyone's butt at some point, and it's a perfectly reasonable excuse. I love seeing the update for this fic and the fact that I'm never quite sure WHEN it will be updated makes is special because I know it WILL be updated XD

So yeah Thanks for the chapter, I hope the next one comes soon! But don't push yourself.

DFC - Liz
Andi-Scribbles chapter 168 . 9/7/2010
Good chapter! I like how attentive Legolas is... sneaky elf :)

BTW, I have a Nook, so I tried downloading the first part of the series, and the link was broken or something.
My Silver Angel Wings chapter 168 . 9/7/2010
Amazing!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 168 . 9/7/2010
If ever I purchase a Nook, I'll be sure to download everything Congrats on your next year of college! I just entered my freshman year, but as I am a year behind I guess we are of an age. -

I especially enjoyed the subtle way you keep introducing Legolas as a main figure in Guthwyn's life. A romantic figure XD I am of course, speculating heavily here because you never give a hint! Something I'm fine with but it does leave me wondering...which is your intent I'm sure!

Anyway I always love it when I open my email and see another chapter. It really often makes my day as your updates aren't fast. But at least you DO update.

Woah I'm rambling again, but well, I can't help it. -

Till next time!

DFC
kycatsfan chapter 168 . 9/7/2010
I loved Legolas in this chapter. He was so concerned. I think there is going to be some big problems in the future with a certain less than amiable elf though. Ranean is becoming more and more worrisome.

I am curious about what is behind the waterfall, and I hope that you will answer that question in the next few chapters.

I think I am missing Elfwine nearly as much as Guthwyn. I am very close to my nieces and nephews, and miss them terribly when I am away from them. I can't wait to hear about their next letters to each other.

I also can't wait to see how Guthwyn and Legolas' relationship progresses. I hope there is a lot of that in the upcoming chapters.

Please update soon. It seems like the wait between chapters is getting longer and longer.
Brynhilda chapter 168 . 9/7/2010
It's a great day today ! A wonderful new chapter, PDF versions of the finished parts of your trilogy, and all the nice pics and mixes that you have gathered on livejournal. It makes it up for the waiting.

But... there is a but, of course... You wrote that you have ten (TEN !) new chapters of Epilogue already written ? We wants them now, precious, what are you waiting for ? :D
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 167 . 8/13/2010
Awww! Legomance

DFC
val chapter 167 . 8/12/2010
you're an excellent writer. i loved this chapter in particular.

i read "protect me." problem is, it has incest, which is just as serious and triggering of an issue as rape. you wrote the story in such a way where it was a total surprise at the end to find out it was actually eomer having sex with his sister when the reader would assume it was some other man (faramir, random character.)

if you were an incest victim, it would be a horrible, awful shock at the end and could easily trigger you. it seems like you purposefully tried to be vague in the warnings as not to give away the *shocker* ending, but i have to be honest. that is selfish to care more about your twist ending than potentially bringing back painful memories for victims and the chapter should have a specific warning about incest, not necessarily in the summary but at the top of the page.

people should be able to write about anything they want and overall it was a good story. but readers should also be able to choose what they will and will not read. it isn't your right to "trick" readers into a topic they don't enjoy. giving it an M rating isn't strong enough. an incest victim might be fine reading a sex scene. they might be fine with some "dark themes" like you said in the summary. orcs taking over middle earth is a dark theme. the death of theoden is a "dark theme."

incest and rape need a specific warning. i hope that you look within your heart and do the right thing. i hope you never have to learn this lesson the hard way, through experiencing it, but if you ever did I think you would understand.
jazsqr chapter 167 . 8/11/2010
Great update. I like the slowly building comfort between Guthwyn and Legolas.
faramiriel chapter 167 . 8/10/2010
oh cliffie, what's he going to show her? yay guthwyn, overcoming your fears! woot woot! good chapter!

~faramiriel
My Silver Angel Wings chapter 167 . 8/10/2010
Gasp! She allowed him to touch her shoulder AND took his hand, on the same day! Eeeekk. This is so exciting for me. I can't wait for the next chapter. When my updates said this story had been updated I practically screamed but there were others in the house so I lowered it to a whiney eeeeeeeeeeeee. Yeah.
Brynhilda chapter 167 . 8/10/2010
I'm very pleased to read this new chapter. It feels like we are visiting the elven colony too, and the light atmosphere of the chapter is very nice. I keep wondering if you are going to tell us more about Raniean's hate of humans, as well as how Haldor came to be this evil being. Both are interesting characters because they don't fit in the typical perfect kind elf stereotype, and it is understandable that wars and other events would have side effects on elves as well as humans...
953 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »