Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 148 . 9/20/2009
Ah geez, now I feel horrible for Lothirirel...she really made some bad choices but man...her situation really sucks now. Poor Elfwine! He's really going to be messed up over this. I hope he begins to like his mother, I think a LOT rides on that.

And Faramir and his men better watch out, they gotta swordmaster on the loose!

Hiril Isilme chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
This story is going great so far. Keep it up!

If I might make a request...along with chapters of Guthwyn in Ithilien, I'm sure readers would like a bit on Eomer and Lothiriel in Edoras in each chapter as well. At this point I don't know if the marriage will last (I honestly dont think it will with the way Eomer is). I can't blame Eomer for how he feels, but I don't really think he knows Lothiriel's past either.

I hope you update soon.

Hiril Isilme
Andi-Scribbles chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
I have one thing to say to Lothiriel:

AHA HA HA HA HA HA HAH!
kycatsfan chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
There are still tears streaming down my face. You did an excellent job portraying them leaving. I don't think I've ever read a more sad goodbye scene.

I haven't gotten a chance to review the rest of the story yet, so I'll take a minute to commend you on another amazing part to this story. I have loved every chapter, every word. I've read a lot of your author's notes addressing readers who think you're taking too long. Don't you dare listen to them! If they think Guthwyn could get over everything that happened to her in a few months, then I think they should have their own heads examined. Furthermore, I don't think they'd be very happy if you started covering years of time in a single chapter. There will always be someone to complain about something.

One of my favorite aspects of this part of the story has been Elfwine's conversations. You captured his speach perfectly, and it made me laugh out loud on many occasions. From now on, I will always affectionately refer to Legolas as "Leggy"! Loved that. It made me laugh every time I read it. I also loved the part when you wrote from Elfwine's POV. That was so cute!

O Lotherial is such a... well, I don't think there's a word bad enough for what she is. I knew she was stealing all the letters when Guthwyn stopped getting them. Although, in a twisted way, she did her a favor because it kept Guthwyn from having to marry.

I absolutely loved the tournament. I was so excited for the sword fighting that I could hardly sit still to read. It was great, and for someone that claims to know little about weaponry, you certainly did a good job portraying it.

I know some people have speculated about love between Guthwyn and "Leggy", but I would be very surprised if you went that way. I mean, I can see her getting over his looking like Haldor enough to become friends, maybe even close friends, but to love him, I don't think so. Can you imagine her waking up in the middle of the night and seeing his face next to her? She would be terrified, no matter how much time had passed.

I can't wait to see what happens between Guthwyn and Farimer. I have always liked Farimer, but in this story, I'm like Guthwyn. Even though I know what a good man he is, I can't get over the fact that he killed Borogor. I really want people to find out, so they'll know why she's been the way she has around him. I want Eowyn to know. She's been angry at Guthwyn for her behavior towards Farimer. Why shouldn't she find out the reason for it? Guthwyn needs some comforting about Borogor, not stupid Farimer telling her he's dead and nothing she does will bring him back! O, hated him for that.

You said in a previous chapter that Guthwyn would never live in Edorus again. That, more than anything, broke my heart. I am still hoping that you didn’t really mean it. Maybe it was a typo? Please? (Drops to her knees and folds her hands in supplication) Please? (Wipes tears from her eyes) Please!

I can’t wait to read the rest of this story, so please, please, please update as soon as you can. I know you like to have a ten chapter lead on us, but what’s a chapter or two in the grand scheme of things? C’mon, give us another one! I don’t think I can make it very long without one.

Thank you so much for writing this story. It has been, by far, one of the best pieces of fiction I have ever read.
Aganippe chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
That's so depressing. I hope her trip goes well, but it sounds like it might. Did Eomer and the guard know something she didn't about the road?

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Rainbow chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
Hi,

Great chapter! Though I can hardly wait for Guthwyn finally reaching Ithilien.

But one thing you perhaps should change in my opinion. In this chapter and the previous you use the word 'okay'.

I don't know, but I think it doesn't fit in a world like Middle-Earth. 'Fine, well or al right' would be I think better choices.
jazsqr chapter 148 . 9/17/2009
Wow, your epic tale is simply breathtaking in it's scale and length. I have no idea how you're able to continue to maintain such a consistent tone for over 700k works, close to a million counting the trilogy. It's magic isn't it:)

Your main character is one of the best original creations I have ever come across, in fan fiction or otherwise. The woman has gone through some of the most traumatic things known to man (there were moments where I seriously thought you must really hated your creation to make her suffer so much), she is so strong to have survived with being driven insane. The events and her recovery is just unbelievably compelling to read. I must have gone through you entire story in a marathon reading session over the course of a week. Lost a lot of sleep, but well worth it.

It's amazing how organically you have integrated her into the canon history. Part of it is your pitch perfect writing style, which creates the right tones for a story set in middle earth. Part of it is your attention to detail, making sure that the canon timeline is accurately preserved. I applaud your attention to detail as it adds significantly to the story atmosphere.

Given the sheer quality of this story, it's almost criminal how under review this is. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your wonderful vision in middle earth. And I'll be looking forward to upcoming chapters with great anticipation.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 147 . 9/2/2009
I always liked Cobryn...But I do wonder what goes through his head sometimes...Poor Elfwine...I'd cry like that too if my baby brother was going to be taken away from me...and vice versa I suspect.

Andi-Scribbles chapter 147 . 8/30/2009
Misery, thy name is Guthwyn!

And poor Cobryn!

More please!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 146 . 8/24/2009
Just when she was making progress! UH! *shakeshead* Well, I am sorry for not reviewing sooner...Heheheh But I hope you do update soon!

Andi-Scribbles chapter 146 . 8/23/2009
OUCH. Sick burn.

That was rather harsh... you'd think that Guthwyn would know she has a very biased view of marriage after all this time.

And I hate to hear what happens when Hammel learns he has to go...

Nice to know everyone hates Lothiriel :D Sigh.

And poor Gamling, he must have been so afraid to ask, and now I'm sure he wishes he didn't have to know the answer. I love all your Rohirric guys. They're so kind and honest.

But was Guthwyn really all that surprised that Haiweth would rather be in Gondor? At least in Minas Tirith and Ithilien they aren't nearly as bad as in Dol Amroth... and of course, she's a beautiful young girl-she wants excitement!

I guess, since Guthwyn's idea of a good childhood is being able to avoid slavery, she doesn't understand Haiweth's feelings.
Macheil chapter 146 . 8/23/2009
Thank you for such a quick update! You made my weekend.
Aganippe chapter 146 . 8/23/2009
I love Guthwyn and all, but I hope Haiweth takes a definite stand.
Oliv chapter 145 . 8/19/2009
Oh, how heartbreaking! This story touches me so deeply emotionally; the joy and anger and sadness I feel whenever I read it rivals my favorite literature. I've been waiting for a major geographical change for some time now, but I didn't anticipate it being under such tragic conditions. I dearly hope that it will bring peace to all of the characters (even Lothiriel, with whom you have brought me to sympathize after harboring a seemingly infinite hatred) and resolutions to long-held conflicts. Now that I think about it, Guthwyn really has a lot to resolve-Lothiriel, Faramir, Elphir, Hammel and Haiweth, Eowyn...the list goes on. I'm happy when Guthwyn's happy.

Please just keep being amazing. Thank you.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 145 . 8/19/2009
YES, Eomer! Get the sword!

Listen up, Valar (and O magnificent author): Now that Lothiriel is finally outed as a total heartless bitch, I'd like to see Elphir feel enough guilt to floor an elephant.

Can't wait to see what angst is in store for Guthwyn (and, no doubt, Hammel) when she leaves for Ithilien.

And I would love to know how Eomer handles Lothiriel after this... whether he divulges the full truth of Guthwyn's past for maximum guilt-tripping, and treats her like the cold hard cow that she is.

Oh, you know I'm loving this, don't you?

Ah. More please! It's getting so good!
950 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »