Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
R. Equillith chapter 150 . 10/21/2009
I have spent the last week reading the whole series to the wee hours of the morning.

I love how you are determined to not make this a mary sue.

So many fanfics have I stopped reading because they did not take their time.

Boromir! I loved him so! I knew you we're going to kill him as soon as he tired to confess his love.

-sniffle-

I love how you make your characters so realistic.

When you said you started the fic when you were in sixth grade I was amazed.

You truely have a talent.

Now that I have finally reached the cliff hanger I am so eager to read more.

Please write soon, my fantasy cannot take the strain.

Thank you for this wonderful story.
jazsqr chapter 150 . 10/17/2009
Wow, riveting chapter. This was the first action chapter for quite some time, and I must say, you have not lost your touch for a gripping, white-knuckled action sequence.

Once again, your slow build up paid off in spades, as the foreshadowing of the Orc threat materialized in a brief, but tense, standoff. True to form, your heroine shows simultaneously her greatest strength and her greatest weakness, her complete selfless thought for the children, and again, paid for it in blood. I do wonder if it will take both children growing adulthood and starting lives of their own before Gúthwyn start putting herself first.

It will be interesting to see what direction you will go with her wound. It seems poor Gúthwyn can't catch a break with her health.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 150 . 10/15/2009
I just saw something like this happening...Murphy strikes again...

kycatsfan chapter 150 . 10/13/2009
Another great chapter, as usual. Your cahpters always have so much drama in them. I don't know why but as soon as Hammel noticed Hayweth was missing, I was immediately more concerned for Guthwyn than for Hayweth. I guess my gut was right.

I'm so glad you didn't just skip over the trip as if it were nothing. You always do such a great job giving a lot of detail to the events in Guthwyn's life. I love how you capture all her emotions, so that I feel what she is feeling through it all.

I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter. I don't think I'll ever get enough of this story, and I don't think you could ever update fast enough for me. I would read the whole thing in one sitting, if I could.

Love it! Can't wait for more! Please update soon!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 150 . 10/13/2009
Even now, I bet she'd take Firienwood over Ithilien any day...

and I LOVE HAMMEL!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 149 . 10/4/2009
Hardly, Elfhelm. *Hardly.*

When will she wise up a little?

If you're in that much misery, you can't even help the ones you love. No wonder Hammel is pissed!

And ugh... orc business. This is far too dark and foreboding to be passed up within the next few chapters. I foresee a skirmish or something!
Macheil chapter 149 . 10/4/2009
This chapter brought tears to my eyes. I think the poor thing should just go home and come to terms with Lothriel. Thanks for the great chapter...Macheil
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 148 . 9/20/2009
Ah geez, now I feel horrible for Lothirirel...she really made some bad choices but man...her situation really sucks now. Poor Elfwine! He's really going to be messed up over this. I hope he begins to like his mother, I think a LOT rides on that.

And Faramir and his men better watch out, they gotta swordmaster on the loose!

Hiril Isilme chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
This story is going great so far. Keep it up!

If I might make a request...along with chapters of Guthwyn in Ithilien, I'm sure readers would like a bit on Eomer and Lothiriel in Edoras in each chapter as well. At this point I don't know if the marriage will last (I honestly dont think it will with the way Eomer is). I can't blame Eomer for how he feels, but I don't really think he knows Lothiriel's past either.

I hope you update soon.

Hiril Isilme
Andi-Scribbles chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
I have one thing to say to Lothiriel:

AHA HA HA HA HA HA HAH!
kycatsfan chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
There are still tears streaming down my face. You did an excellent job portraying them leaving. I don't think I've ever read a more sad goodbye scene.

I haven't gotten a chance to review the rest of the story yet, so I'll take a minute to commend you on another amazing part to this story. I have loved every chapter, every word. I've read a lot of your author's notes addressing readers who think you're taking too long. Don't you dare listen to them! If they think Guthwyn could get over everything that happened to her in a few months, then I think they should have their own heads examined. Furthermore, I don't think they'd be very happy if you started covering years of time in a single chapter. There will always be someone to complain about something.

One of my favorite aspects of this part of the story has been Elfwine's conversations. You captured his speach perfectly, and it made me laugh out loud on many occasions. From now on, I will always affectionately refer to Legolas as "Leggy"! Loved that. It made me laugh every time I read it. I also loved the part when you wrote from Elfwine's POV. That was so cute!

O Lotherial is such a... well, I don't think there's a word bad enough for what she is. I knew she was stealing all the letters when Guthwyn stopped getting them. Although, in a twisted way, she did her a favor because it kept Guthwyn from having to marry.

I absolutely loved the tournament. I was so excited for the sword fighting that I could hardly sit still to read. It was great, and for someone that claims to know little about weaponry, you certainly did a good job portraying it.

I know some people have speculated about love between Guthwyn and "Leggy", but I would be very surprised if you went that way. I mean, I can see her getting over his looking like Haldor enough to become friends, maybe even close friends, but to love him, I don't think so. Can you imagine her waking up in the middle of the night and seeing his face next to her? She would be terrified, no matter how much time had passed.

I can't wait to see what happens between Guthwyn and Farimer. I have always liked Farimer, but in this story, I'm like Guthwyn. Even though I know what a good man he is, I can't get over the fact that he killed Borogor. I really want people to find out, so they'll know why she's been the way she has around him. I want Eowyn to know. She's been angry at Guthwyn for her behavior towards Farimer. Why shouldn't she find out the reason for it? Guthwyn needs some comforting about Borogor, not stupid Farimer telling her he's dead and nothing she does will bring him back! O, hated him for that.

You said in a previous chapter that Guthwyn would never live in Edorus again. That, more than anything, broke my heart. I am still hoping that you didn’t really mean it. Maybe it was a typo? Please? (Drops to her knees and folds her hands in supplication) Please? (Wipes tears from her eyes) Please!

I can’t wait to read the rest of this story, so please, please, please update as soon as you can. I know you like to have a ten chapter lead on us, but what’s a chapter or two in the grand scheme of things? C’mon, give us another one! I don’t think I can make it very long without one.

Thank you so much for writing this story. It has been, by far, one of the best pieces of fiction I have ever read.
Aganippe chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
That's so depressing. I hope her trip goes well, but it sounds like it might. Did Eomer and the guard know something she didn't about the road?

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Rainbow chapter 148 . 9/18/2009
Hi,

Great chapter! Though I can hardly wait for Guthwyn finally reaching Ithilien.

But one thing you perhaps should change in my opinion. In this chapter and the previous you use the word 'okay'.

I don't know, but I think it doesn't fit in a world like Middle-Earth. 'Fine, well or al right' would be I think better choices.
jazsqr chapter 148 . 9/17/2009
Wow, your epic tale is simply breathtaking in it's scale and length. I have no idea how you're able to continue to maintain such a consistent tone for over 700k works, close to a million counting the trilogy. It's magic isn't it:)

Your main character is one of the best original creations I have ever come across, in fan fiction or otherwise. The woman has gone through some of the most traumatic things known to man (there were moments where I seriously thought you must really hated your creation to make her suffer so much), she is so strong to have survived with being driven insane. The events and her recovery is just unbelievably compelling to read. I must have gone through you entire story in a marathon reading session over the course of a week. Lost a lot of sleep, but well worth it.

It's amazing how organically you have integrated her into the canon history. Part of it is your pitch perfect writing style, which creates the right tones for a story set in middle earth. Part of it is your attention to detail, making sure that the canon timeline is accurately preserved. I applaud your attention to detail as it adds significantly to the story atmosphere.

Given the sheer quality of this story, it's almost criminal how under review this is. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your wonderful vision in middle earth. And I'll be looking forward to upcoming chapters with great anticipation.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 147 . 9/2/2009
I always liked Cobryn...But I do wonder what goes through his head sometimes...Poor Elfwine...I'd cry like that too if my baby brother was going to be taken away from me...and vice versa I suspect.

957 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »